[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

as soon as I have a bit of money to spare I'll be subscribing for adfree... just a little ot... are the subscriptions bi yearly or bi monthly?

Neither, annual. A tenner for the year isn't at all bad IMO.

Edited by Alex_P

Guest thomasboyd
You MUST to a wipe the first time you install this rom

SC

True I didn't do a wipe..

Is that one of the options in the fastboot menu?

What data does it exactly wipe?

all user data? contacts? apps? the lot?

Just wondering if anyone has a similar problem or if anyone knows of a fix for the Exchange calendar sync not working?

Cheers.

Has anyone managed to get the Exchange calendar sync working with alpha3? It is syncing my E-Mails fine, but when I try and sync the calendar the sync icon appear in the task bar very briefly for about half a second and then dissapears. I can get my phone to sync my Google calendar, but I would ideally like it to sync with Exchange if it is possible.

Many thanks Paul for your hard work on this ROM - I can't believe how quick and stable it is ;).

True I didn't do a wipe..

Is that one of the options in the fastboot menu?

What data does it exactly wipe?

all user data? contacts? apps? the lot?

Everything on the phone, its data wipe.

Guest stuartrace
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=60 appears to do diddly squat.

And regarding the lock screen, it's ugly, slow, but I don't see what the left handers are complaining about, I can use it with both hands, with ease! ;)

Well aren't you quite the ambi-genius :P

Guest Skerved

I read earlier that some people had problems with the touch freezing. It happened for me now as well. It was after about 10-12 hours. The phone seemed to work, lock button locked the phone and so on, but the screen didn't react at all. Using an early version of alpha 4.

Guest juniperz
I'll be doing some more work on the stock lockscreen today. ;)

P

Great news. Will this include enabling SIM Lock please??

Very happy with a3 - no problems whatsoever since I (crossed my fingers and) did my first ever ROM install 2 days ago. Thanks Paul.

Just wondering if anyone has a similar problem or if anyone knows of a fix for the Exchange calendar sync not working?

Cheers.

Working fine here on Alpha4.

Big thanks to Paul. Everything running really smoothly and surprisingly quick. Only loaded last night so will report back after 24hrs use.

Guest nonamer123
When a apn is marked, press menu... exactly there is a "Delete" button, but not touchable ;)

On my HTC Magic it works (also 2.2, but Cyanogen), so is this a fix from Cyanogen or a bug her in Pauls rom?

Again me ... Can someone confirm that it is a bug or is it a feature? :P

Extra application is NOT the solution to get this function to work ...;)

Other things are fine in this rom for me, very good work :P

Guest Matchstick
I read earlier that some people had problems with the touch freezing. It happened for me now as well. It was after about 10-12 hours. The phone seemed to work, lock button locked the phone and so on, but the screen didn't react at all. Using an early version of alpha 4.

I've also encountered a frozen screen with alpha 4 as well ;)

Ended to having to pull the battery but next time I see one I'll try to find out of the phone responds to ADB commands...

Cheers.

I had a similar problem first. I checked in my outlook and all my appointments where in a non-default calendar. Moved them all to the default one (the only one that cannot be deleted) and everything worked. Hope this helps.

Guest LouisUK

Paul,

Some feedback on Alpha 4, upgraded from Alpha 3. The only difference (which is a negative) is pressing the app button on the home screen, the transition is very jerky. This was noticeably smoother on Alpha3 compared to Alpha 1+2.

Its a bit of a shame and spoils an otherwise perfect ROM.

Any particular reason for this?

Thanks

Louis

Edited by LouisUK

Guest steff.jay

just a short question, before I donate for the premium-service :P

Can I use the button "Custom Ingredients" in the kitchen for baking a ROM including a theme.zip ?

And can I also untick the two "launcher"-options and add launcherpro.apk.zip instead?

thanks for help, as this haven't been asked yet ;)

Guest Teh H4rRy
I'll be doing some more work on the stock lockscreen today. ;)

P

Music to my ears, can you make it so it is like on your other 2.1 ROMs?

I am using widget locker currently and well...its pants.

Guest Totyasrác

I've just had a frozem touchscreen. Wanted to start adb logcat but no devices were seen by adb for some reason...

So no log could be saved ;)

But one interesting thing that might be connected to this issue (either to adb not seeing the phone OR the freezing itself): I wanted to get something from my SD to my PC and after connecting the data cable nothing happened, couldn't get to "Mount USB storage" at all... Hope it'll help a bit.

Paul,

some feedback on Alpha 4, upgraded from Alpha 3. Alpha 3 worked fine, Alpha 4 not at all. It keeps rebooting every minute or so. Furthermore it won't recognize my sim ("no sim card"). Tried different kitchen versions (default, fat and a custom one) none of which worked. Same problem every time. Wiped the phone before install.

Flori