[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ambisingh

youtube player working now without green bar also shows correct network gps with wifi and 3g work spot on however the keyboard is just ugly how easy is it to get normal android one back

Thanks

Guest admanirv

Hi

Ermmm :P, no :D

Was i supposed to wipe in android OS itself or in the clockwork recovery menu?

If so can i put the phone back in clockwork recovery, wipe then flash again

Cheers

Did you wipe?

P

Guest harry_m
AT+CKPD is related to phone keypad, but from what I can tell phone functionality works correctly?

P

Removing Touchpal was the first thing I did. I'm using the standard-keyboard and don't have a cpu-hog issue. :P

Guest admanirv

Anyone?

Oh bollocks, hope i havent fecked it up, only owned the phone for 1 day! :D

Hi

Ermmm :P, no :D

Was i supposed to wipe in android OS itself or in the clockwork recovery menu?

If so can i put the phone back in clockwork recovery, wipe then flash again

Cheers

Guest yeawhatever

Hummm just flashed and cant seem to get 3G access on Tesco pay monthly (rolling contract). Shows G on signal bars.

Will have a check of the APN and see if I cna get it to work.

Now showing correct network operator (r3a showed tesco as O2)

Think your aware of this but just incase, the lock screen shows no service

anyway back to testing :P

Set hardware on, changed the settings for stagefright to the same as discussed yesterday but Quadrant is still 0nly 847 which is just about 100 less than the r3 rom yesterday.

Network = Giffgaff (UK) shows No network on the lock screen

Paul is there any way to easily make it like the Chinese original where the "bin" was at the top of the screen and holding an icon highlited all 5 screens at the bottom so you could simply move an icon to any screen?

(I have a copy of the original rom if its possible to take bits out of it to put that back if you get me - I just dont know which bits do what)

Edit the apn for Giffgaff wasnt there when flashed, I had to use usb mode to push apn backup and restore to put it on

Also for some reason I had to manually add the usb drivers to the computer again, but once I had done that adb and Android commander worked fine

Edited by Lew247

Set hardware on, changed the settings for stagefright to the same as discussed yesterday but Quadrant is still 0nly 847 which is just about 100 less than the r3 rom yesterday.

Which settings?

Paul is there any way to easily make it like the Chinese original where the "bin" was at the top of the screen and holding an icon highlited all 5 screens at the bottom so you could simply move an icon to any screen?

Yeah, that's just the Chinese launcher. I can put that back as an option (Launcher2.apk).

Edit the apn for Giffgaff wasnt there when flashed, I had to use usb mode to push apn backup and restore to put it on

Will update the APN list.

P

Guest harry_m

@Paul: Did you replace the stock-camera? The stock-camera had a brightness-slider.

I know that it was force-closing ... but it can be fixed with a symlink:

ln -s /sdcard/media /data/media

(if I remember correctly.)

Guest admanirv

Thanks Paul, that worked.

Ready to give some constructive feedback when tested, cheers.

Go into recovery, wipe on the menu (data / cache) then reboot.

P

Guest yeawhatever
Will update the APN list.

Noticed that it doesnt have the APN list that previous ROMS have had....any chance this can make it back into Alpha2

Cheers Paul. keep up the good work

Guest sorrowuk

Yeah giffgaff (uk) says no service on lock screen don't know how to fix that.

Also the fm radio still has a problem. You have to use headphones to use it but when you turn it on you get sound for 4 seconds then nothing. And you have to turn it off then on again and you get sound for another 4 seconds etc.

Guest chall32
'orange bar on calendar' is a very odd one! :P

Oh yes.

Created a topic about it here, with further details. There was talk on there about a fix, but I've not personally tried it yet.

- Chris

Guest Arr Too

Another Calendar issue: it's not pulling in my Google Calendars. In Settings->Accounts it shows the sync icon next to the tick, but it's not rotating (and it usually disappears after a successful sync). If I deselect and then reselect it, the icon spins and then stops. I can put stuff onto the calendar and then manually sync and they appear (in my brower on my PC), so it's quite odd. Email, Contacts and Picasa albums all nicely synced.

Would be nice to know if it's just me and I need to pursue more aggressive techniques to kick this bit into life, but it was working moments ago on Frankish's version of this ROM...

Edited by Arr Too