[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Amarielle
Pretty sure I know the cause of the Dialer problem.

Fix (non wipe) will be online Monday... r9 with a couple of other tweaks!

P

Great to hear. I can last for a couple days with the issues ^^

Guest yeawhatever

well keep getting force closes on flibbs fix for contacts....however I am not 100% conviced it wouldnt work, wonder if that apk i downloaded was corrupt, as i ended up having issues on fibbs before, when others reported it worked

Paul, would flibbs fix work in your opinion? would love to not have misses nagging me tommorow when people call her and she has no idea who it is ;)

you know what women are like !

Edited by yeawhatever

Guest Al_Jolson

Paul,

Any chance of a fix for the "Download" folder issue in r9? I just loaded r8 and I can see that the "Download" folder on the SD card still gets wiped clean after a reboot. This is the folder that Gmail saves attachments to etc.

Cheers.

Guest Nick Rhodes
Pretty sure I know the cause of the Dialer problem.

Fix (non wipe) will be online Monday... r9 with a couple of other tweaks!

P

Cool. I noticed calling voice mail shows the name OK, so guess its an issue reading the contacts.

Cheers, Nick

For those too impatient to wait (like me!), then the fix for the contact name not showing on the incoming call from this thread http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...e/#entry1560789 works perfectly.

First you need to remount the filesystem as read/write:

adb remount
Then from the above linked thread (you obviously need sqlite3 installed on your system):
adb pull /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/contacts2.db . sqlite3 contacts2.db alter table raw_contacts add column mode_id INTEGER; .exit adb push contacts2.db /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/
then you need to change the owner and permissions on the database and reboot:
adb shell

cd /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases

chown app_0.app_0 contacts2.db

chmod 660 contacts2.db

exit

adb reboot

This worked for me, but of course no guarantee etc. etc. take a backup first...

Edited by Alex_P

Guest yeawhatever

Well that worked for both the blades ;) very happy

quick little tip if anyone else is thinking of trying.... grab the adb wireless app from market, makes life much easier... then load that up and follow connection instructions.

Cheers Alex_P

Guest t0mm13b

Where did you get the AR6000 driver? the version I have is broken... :) (was obtained from openmoko... not exactly functional)

Will have to set CONFIG_MODVERSION for the custom kernel as that has the debugging/profiling and general noises silenced, so that it can use your driver....

Amended:

Nope! The Wifi fails in this case despite the mod versioning is set...

FYI and benefit, any chance of including this tweaked configuration - it eliminates a lot of noise from driver level, spurious debug messages and removes kernel profiling...

The only thing is this, I have used the github branch for ZTE-BLADE-2.6.32...

The reason I think it could speed it up a bit is the kernel is generating too much noise, and a slow-down... maybe not noticeable to us, but in terms of milliseconds within the handset running... might have an unexpected side effect of longer battery as less noise is generated.... ;)

tweaked_config.gz

Edited by t0mm13b

Paul, please post a flashable zip with the dialer fix today, because a lot of r8 users want it ;)

A lot of thanks,

Hungarian ZTE Blade Community

I totally agree with this. I really want to switch to this ROM asap but I have just fixed the dialer issue or my current ROM so I'd hope for an easy fix soon :)

ALSO! What are the actual issues with R8? I cant make sense of the hundreds of posts since it's release haha.

Is it force closes, or the no-contact-name call issue again or what?

Thanks guys.

Edited by jtc42

I totally agree with this. I really want to switch to this ROM asap but I have just fixed the dialer issue or my current ROM so I'd hope for an easy fix soon ;)

Great! This is te ROM to get now! Thank you for putting all you're effort in those wonderfull ROM's. Looking forward to upcoming features! :)

I totally agree with this. I really want to switch to this ROM asap but I have just fixed the dialer issue or my current ROM so I'd hope for an easy fix soon ;)

ALSO! What are the actual issues with R8? I cant make sense of the hundreds of posts since it's release haha.

Is it force closes, or the no-contact-name call issue again or what?

Thanks guys.

There us a fix for the no-contact-name on incoming call. I tried it and it works.

Otherwise, just don't use the zte dialler, use the "phone" when given the choice.

- and no problem.

No rush to upgrade to r8 - wait till r9, but if you want r8 now or have it, then those two items solve the immediate problems

Edit

I'm also getting about 37 of these per second in dmesg:

<7>[01-14 17:00:58.291061] [1324: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 3, Code: 0, Value: -79

<7>[01-14 17:00:58.291061] [1324: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 3, Code: 1, Value: 13

<7>[01-14 17:00:58.291061] [1324: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 0, Code: 0, Value: 0

<7>[01-14 17:00:58.346560] [1324: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 3, Code: 0, Value: -92

<7>[01-14 17:00:58.346560] [1324: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 3, Code: 1, Value: 0

<7>[01-14 17:00:58.346560] [1324: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 0, Code: 0, Value: 0

<7>[01-14 17:00:58.396388] [1324: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 3, Code: 1, Value: 13

<7>[01-14 17:00:58.396388] [1324: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 0, Code: 0, Value: 0

[code]

I disabled auto-rotate and it went away, but I don't like the look of it.

Edited by samjam

There us a fix for the no-contact-name on incoming call. I tried it and it works.

Otherwise, just don't use the zte dialler, use the "phone" when given the choice.

So does the updated contacts.apk fix work? Easier than all that Sql stuff haha.

And also, does that mean this contains both the ZTE dialer AND the stock dialer? I really dont like the ZTE T9 one so if it includes both, can I just get rid of the ZTE one?

So does the updated contacts.apk fix work? Easier than all that Sql stuff haha.

And also, does that mean this contains both the ZTE dialer AND the stock dialer? I really dont like the ZTE T9 one so if it includes both, can I just get rid of the ZTE one?

I did the sql stuff and that worked.

Guest DominicA

Hi Paul,

I'm having the same problem as a previous poster since upgrading to R8;

"Can't seem to backup or restore the settings in Launcher Pro. It says it can't find sd card."

This was definately working in the old kernel.

Dom

Guest Olly232

Just gone from alpha 4 to r8 (wiped data) and restored most of my apps and now sleep mode is not automatically engaging. Screen dims after 30 seconds but no lock. Haptic feedback setting doesn't appear to do anything either.

Edit: Turned off USB debugging and phone now sleeps.

Edited by Olly232

Guest Phil001
Just gone from alpha 4 to r8 (wiped data) and restored most of my apps and now sleep mode is not automatically engaging. Screen dims after 30 seconds but no lock. Haptic feedback setting doesn't appear to do anything either.

Was going to subscribe to ad free & give this froyo a go this weekend. (currently on the modaco r4 2.1)

Looking at it there seems to be quite a few bugs being discovered on here, think I'll wait a few more days....

Was going to subscribe to ad free & give this froyo a go this weekend. (currently on the modaco r4 2.1)

Looking at it there seems to be quite a few bugs being discovered on here, think I'll wait a few more days....

If that is all that is holding you back, then go ad-free today. Consider it an expression of confidence and faith in those who are clearly capable and have already given loads.