[ROM] [eclair] Finnish Fillyjonk RLS5 [2011-01-05]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest jurrasstoil

Hey,

what is the MD5 Checksum of your clockwork version?

(the one with the replaced kernel for ext3 and lcd)

and the MD5 Checksum for the ROMs would be awesome as well :)

thanks in advance!

Edited by jurrasstoil

Guest peter0118

Hello

I'm newbie in the android world

First thanks to RLS4!

My questions:

-what is ahb_overclocking, is that compatible with the custom kernel

-has rls4 swap support?

-can swap , ahb_overclock, SETCpu (at 729mhZ) at the same time?

-please post RLS4 quadrant pictures

-and how to install the RLS4 addons

thanks in advance Peter

Guest jpdribbler
Added two more steps so this one has a maximum of 844.8MHz

@kallt_kaffe:

Is it still possible to flash the attached ROM with RLS4? I would like to get the same settings like with RLS3+Attached Overclocking@844MHz, can you or somebody tell me how to reach the same settings like with the zip attached (844MHz) and RLS3 @ RLS4... :-D

Thanks again for the best Blade ROM so far! :-)

Finnish_Fillyjonk_RLS3_overclocking_extreme.zip

Edited by jpdribbler

Guest PeterDreher

Should the Power Consumption be fine in RLS4, now?

Should be bad again when the Overclocking Addon is used?

Thanks a lot.

And that question is good, too:

What's the procedure to upgrade from RLS3 to RLS4 - can we just install on top from Clockwork Recovery or is a full wipe data/cache required?

Edited by PeterDreher

Guest Afrodude
please don't bash me, but how can I overclock the rls4? Do I just have to download setcpu and then do the rest in the program??

SetCPU has a sliding scale. Start with 672 and work your way up slowly. Find the stable limit of your phone. Be careful when using the "set on boot" option.

Should the Power Consumption be fine in RLS4, now?

Should be bad again when the Overclocking Addon is used?

Thanks a lot.

And that question is good, too:

What's the procedure to upgrade from RLS3 to RLS4 - can we just install on top from Clockwork Recovery or is a full wipe data/cache required?

It should be much improved when idle.

You can install over the top, however, it is better to do a wipe when possible.

Guest oh!dougal
but how can I overclock the rls4? Do I just have to download setcpu and then do the rest in {SetCPU} ??

Yes.

Its that easy to control.

But do hold off on selecting "Set on Boot" ...

Guest daniel2k10

okay sounds great; thx fpr the fast answer.. was confused because kalt_kaffee wrote that in rls4 is no overclocking kernel included so that an addon is needed..

Guest oh!dougal
okay sounds great; thx fpr the fast answer.. was confused because kalt_kaffee wrote that in rls4 is no overclocking kernel included so that an addon is needed..

I think you'll find that he wrote that memory bus overclocking was now an optional add-on ...

The beauty of kk's achievement is to produce a kernel that works with SetCPU, and the possibilities for personal tailoring that IT opens up.

Guest Samehere
Google goggles still force closes for me once i've taken a picture. Just installed RLS4 with out any data wipes.

Google Goggles works perfectly fine for me.

I did wipe, though.

Guest flatnote31

@Kallt_Kaffe :

Just installed RLS4 after my unlucky experience with RLS3...so far so good :) feels quite smooth and responsive...

A2SD working fine..it automatically detected my ext2 and apps install with no problem...

quadrant score after first run : 366 with hw.acc disabled ;)

cheers

Guest peter0118
Hello

First thanks to RLS4!

My questions:

-has rls4 swap support?

thanks in advance Peter

please anybody

Guest kallt_kaffe
Hello

First thanks to RLS4!

My questions:

AHB overclocking overclocks the AHB bus with 50% (compared to the default kernel). It kicks in at CPU speeds from 480MHz and above. Overclocking the AHB bus seems to be stable on most phones (but not all) and seems to increase memory access benchmarks. The default kernel in RLS4 does not overclock the AHB bus except for a small "natural" overclock that takes place if you go above 600MHz. In the default kernel the AHB bus runs at cpuspeed/3 in speeds from 480MHz and above and if you use the AHB overclocking addon it will use cpuspeed/2 for all cpu speeds from and above 480MHz.

-has rls4 swap support?
Yes. Through the built in Darktremors A2SD it will use swap on the third sdcard partition if it finds one. The ROM also supports compcache and with this command in a terminal you can enable 32Mb compcache swap: "compcache.sh enable"

However, unless you have one of the 256Mb models I don't see any reason to enable swap.

Yes

It's the same as RLS3 if you enable AHB overclocking.

With Clockwork, just as you installed the ROM. But do NOT wipe after installing addons.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Great - downloading as I type!

Could you please clarify where the Bus Overclock addon comes into play, above 600 or above 480?

With default kernel it uses cpuspeed/3 for all clocks from 480MHz and above which is btw, the default for 480 and 600. With the ahb overclock addon it uses cpuspeed/2 for all speeds from 480MHz and above. This can be a bit confusing and I'm considering writing a longer explanation and post some frequency tables in the first or the second post when I get some time (propably not until after christmas).

Guest kallt_kaffe
@kallt_kaffe:

Is it still possible to flash the attached ROM with RLS4? I would like to get the same settings like with RLS3+Attached Overclocking@844MHz, can you or somebody tell me how to reach the same settings like with the zip attached (844MHz) and RLS3 @ RLS4... :-D

Thanks again for the best Blade ROM so far! :-)

Yes, the only side effect will be that the bootlogo will show RLS3 but that's just cotmetic. Let me know how it goes.

Guest peter0118
AHB overclocking overclocks the AHB bus with 50% (compared to the default kernel). It kicks in at CPU speeds from 480MHz and above. Overclocking the AHB bus seems to be stable on most phones (but not all) and seems to increase memory access benchmarks. The default kernel in RLS4 does not overclock the AHB bus except for a small "natural" overclock that takes place if you go above 600MHz. In the default kernel the AHB bus runs at cpuspeed/3 in speeds from 480MHz and above and if you use the AHB overclocking addon it will use cpuspeed/2 for all cpu speeds from and above 480MHz.

Yes. Through the built in Darktremors A2SD it will use swap on the third sdcard partition if it finds one. The ROM also supports compcache and with this command in a terminal you can enable 32Mb compcache swap: "compcache.sh enable"

However, unless you have one of the 256Mb models I don't see any reason to enable swap.

Yes

It's the same as RLS3 if you enable AHB overclocking.

With Clockwork, just as you installed the ROM. But do NOT wipe after installing addons.

a lot of thanks for the answers, i turn on the swap , i have 256 blade

Edited by peter0118

Guest Movisman
Hi,

Cheers

Hi,

I'd be keen to know this too. I know it's always best practice to make a backup, and wipe before flashing, but i've got my RLS3 in a state which i'm happy with (still working on improving the battery a little with SetCPU profiles).

So, any known side effects or has anyone done it yet? If no-one knows i'll make a nandroid backup and do it anyway, I can always roll back.

One question for kallt_kaffe - at the moment i'm using the kernel you posted on page 18, which is no ahb overclocking at 600mhz (or below), can I use this if I upgrade to RLS4, as I don't need the ahb to overclock at 480mhz or 600mhz? This is mainly because i'm concerned it could be eating the battery a fair bit when the CPU is running faster or the AHB is being overclocked. This may or may not be true though, it's hard to know.

Thanks

Guest Arr Too
Through the built in Darktremors A2SD it will use swap on the third sdcard partition if it finds one.

I'm sure this will have been discussed before, but I thought that having swap on flash memory was a really bad idea (long term), with all that continual writing. Although, I suppose flash memory is very cheap now and easily replaced, so it's just corruption of your proper data that's maybe a worry?