[ROM] [eclair] Finnish Fillyjonk RLS5 [2011-01-05]

Guest kallt_kaffe

If i use HTC IME v27 and I type something then I rotate the device the text is gone... Why is that? Is there any way to fix it?

EDIT: Ohh,it comes up just in the Facebook app.

Edited by Davey7

Guest Manuel1948

I've installed Brut Maps, but I am not happy with it and wanted to reinstall the old one, but I failed... How to do it? I've tried adb push Maps.apk and copy from sdcard to system/app or with a self-built update.zip... It doesn't work

I've installed Brut Maps, but I am not happy with it and wanted to reinstall the old one, but I failed... How to do it? I've tried adb push Maps.apk and copy from sdcard to system/app or with a self-built update.zip... It doesn't work

remove brut, then simply install Maps from Market.

Guest gameSTICKER
My quadrant score:

post-798647-1293783983_thumb.png

However the htc desire is not correct. My friend scored yesterday 1150... Still i love my little device ;)

smells like Jellyfish, not Fillyjonk :(

Guest Manuel1948

F

remove brut, then simply install Maps from Market.

It doesnt work maybe because i installed it from clockwork recovery with a zip file...

This one of the simpliest solutions and thats why I tried it long before I wrote my post. I removed it with Titanium Backup, because withoutit, it says "Application not uninstalled", and if I want to install it from market, it says "Not compatible update", also if I removed it with Titanium Backup or removed it from system/app. I don't know what to do

Edited by Manuel1948

Guest gameSTICKER
Kaffe what about the source of your kernel, can we have it? ;)

Please Kaffe :( Whenever you move fulltime to Froyo (you're already doing awesome with JJ) and Gingerbread, please consider opening the source of your awesome kernel. New modders will get a lot to learn ;)

Guest kidimon

Am I the only one who is still sticking with this rom? I find all other both 2.1 and 2.2 much slower than this rom. Froyo is supposed to be much faster than Eclair innit?

Guest jurrasstoil
Am I the only one who is still sticking with this rom? I find all other both 2.1 and 2.2 much slower than this rom. Froyo is supposed to be much faster than Eclair innit?

well, it is, but this one is the best 2.1 rom i'd say and i'll stick to it till a new and good kernel for 2.2 is released.

Guest PeterDreher

Froyo might be faster for games. But when trying 2.2 i wasn't that happy. Will stay with this ROM for sure.

If there is a non alpha or beta of froyo i will give it a try, again.

Guest gameSTICKER

Me too sticking with this one. I tried a couple of Froyos, but nothing can beat the stability of Fillyjonk and the fact that everything simply works. Moreover Froyos might be fast in benchmarks, but I didn't find much difference in practice. But then I'm not doing games, just productivity apps. So Fillyjonk will be there on my Blade for some time to come :(

Guest jasonXXx
Me too sticking with this one. I tried a couple of Froyos, but nothing can beat the stability of Fillyjonk and the fact that everything simply works. Moreover Froyos might be fast in benchmarks, but I didn't find much difference in practice. But then I'm not doing games, just productivity apps. So Fillyjonk will be there on my Blade for some time to come :(

Yes im sticking with FFrls3 MOD by me i tryed sebs 2.2 and it was stable only a few minor probs but it does not seem as fast and when i tryed snesoid gameboid gensoid thay did not run any better on 2.2.

Installed this ROM on my freinds White TFT B08 SF. Everything is great apart from the light detector, which doesn't seem to work at all. When someone calls you it doesn't black out when you put it to your ear or just completley cover the light sensor with your hand. Also it sometimes does the opposite and when you make a call it completley blacks out and the phone doesnt respond to any button pressing untill you either pull the battery out and restart it or the other person hangs up and ends the call.

Is this a known problem because its quite a bad one? Not a problem with the phone as when reverted to stock rom the problem does not occur.

Edited by Mit321

Guest mandeepg
Installed this ROM on my freinds White TFT B08 SF. Everything is great apart from the light detector, which doesn't seem to work at all. When someone calls you it doesn't black out when you put it to your ear or just completley cover the light sensor with your hand. Also it sometimes does the opposite and when you make a call it completley blacks out and the phone doesnt respond to any button pressing untill you either pull the battery out and restart it or the other person hangs up and ends the call.

Is this a known problem because its quite a bad one? Not a problem with the phone as when reverted to stock rom the problem does not occur.

I also have a problem with the light sensor - it never reliably enables the display while on a phone call. Sometimes it will light up for a second, then go black again and there is know way to turn it back on again without randomly waving the phone in the air. At the same time the process /usr/bin/akmd2 (which I assume is the sensor) is always running at 5-10% CPU usage.

Any help?

Guest gameSTICKER

On 3MP OLED blade, both light and proximity sensors works perfect for me. Tested on RLS2 and RLS3, havent played much with RLS4 though. So if you're using RLS4, try RLS3 and try custom kernels too.

Guest Davey7

One thing that bothers me is the sleep/wake button is unresponsive sometimes... I have to push it 3-4 times but sometimes it works fine. (Thats not a hardware prob because with 2.2 it was perfect)

Guest Smiff2

i get the occasional reboot e.g. when pulling usb cable whilst alarm going.

i think may be related to ahb overclock - can i just reflash the RLS4 archive to remove the overclock without losing any settings or apps etc?

anyone else seen odd reboots?

Been using RLS4 since released and had no issues. Certainly no odd reboots. Running the non ahb overclocked version. Used the overclocked RLS3 though with no issues as well.

Did try JJ3b froyo today but had 2 freezes so restored back to this ROM.

Guest uptime

Thank you for this great ROM! I am using it for a few days now and I really like it.

Some small problems I encountered though:

- Google voice seach sometimes crashes (works on the second try)

- Sometimes I am prompted for the PIN although the phone wasn't turned off. Don't know if this is a hw or software problem though.

Edited by uptime

Guest istnag

Hy! I tried RLS4,but i have a big problem with it...So connection the charger everything is ok, if somebody clall me i can speak with them, thats right too,but i unplugged the charger the call ended. Have you got any idea?

Sorry for my english...

Thanks...

Guest Maringer
I also have a problem with the light sensor - it never reliably enables the display while on a phone call. Sometimes it will light up for a second, then go black again and there is know way to turn it back on again without randomly waving the phone in the air. At the same time the process /usr/bin/akmd2 (which I assume is the sensor) is always running at 5-10% CPU usage.

Any help?

I bought my girlfriend a White TFT version for Christmas and can confirm that her phone is exhibiting the same problems that you and Mit321 report. Randomly during calls, the phone will either fail to switch the screen off (so calls are accidentally cut off by your ear!) or alternatively, the screen will dim and not re-appear without the mentioned phone waving!

No similar problems with my Grey OLED phone and FF RLS4.

She is using a new T-Mobile SIM and her phone isn't unlocked so I'm wondering if that is the cause of the problem? I never tried the phone with the Orange PAYG SIM so can't say whether it exhibited a similar problem from stock.

I'm hoping it isn't a hardware problem because it would be a real pain in the arse to have it exchanged.