[ROM] [eclair] Finnish Fillyjonk RLS5 [2011-01-05]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest PeterDreher

Thanks so much for this awesome Rom. Already donated, too.

But HOW is i possible to change the Bootlogo? Really it is so ugly it can not be described in words.

Changed the Bootanimation with no problem, but the bootlogo from the ROM is still there.

Need an easy tutorial.

THANKS

Edited by PeterDreher

Guest istnag
Happend here, too.

Maybe even with Stock-Firmware?

I think the stock firmware doesn't do this. i wil put another rom next week,cause it 's very annoying :unsure:

And i have a problem with sensor too. I'm very sad, because this rom is very good, but this problem....

Guest Manuel1948
Thanks so much for this awesome Rom. Already donated, too.

But HOW is i possible to change the Bootlogo? Really it is so ugly it can not be described in words.

Changed the Bootanimation with no problem, but the bootlogo from the ROM is still there.

Need an easy tutorial.

THANKS

Guest PeterDreher
I think the stock firmware doesn't do this. i wil put another rom next week,cause it 's very annoying :unsure:

And i have a problem with sensor too. I'm very sad, because this rom is very good, but this problem....

Go into the Dialer an press *983*0#

Go all the way down to Sensors.

Hit"testing light" and then hit "testing proximity".

After doing this and closing the Dialer are there still those issues or are they gone?

Guest Mit321
I bought my girlfriend a White TFT version for Christmas and can confirm that her phone is exhibiting the same problems that you and Mit321 report. Randomly during calls, the phone will either fail to switch the screen off (so calls are accidentally cut off by your ear!) or alternatively, the screen will dim and not re-appear without the mentioned phone waving!

No similar problems with my Grey OLED phone and FF RLS4.

She is using a new T-Mobile SIM and her phone isn't unlocked so I'm wondering if that is the cause of the problem? I never tried the phone with the Orange PAYG SIM so can't say whether it exhibited a similar problem from stock.

I'm hoping it isn't a hardware problem because it would be a real pain in the arse to have it exchanged.

I promise you its not your phone. I reverted my freinds back to Stock and it was absolutley fine. Also its not to do with the sim as the one I was doing it on was using the orignal PAYG sim. Its a problem with the ROM (for white SF's at least) , try any other rom and you won't get the problem!

Edited by Mit321

Guest PeterDreher
Thx i will try it....

Don't forget to give feedback.

My Question is still waiting to get answered :unsure:

HOW is i possible to change the Bootlogo? Really it is so ugly it can not be described in words.

Need an easy tutorial.

THANKS

After doing this and closing the Dialer are there still those issues or are they gone?

I have same problem with the screen going black some times when calling. This trick didn't help, although the test said those were ok.

Guest Maringer

Hi.

After running this process and selecting the 'calibrate' option, I confirm that the proximity sensor of my girlfriend's White TFT SF now appears to be functioning correctly.

Let me just restart the phone to check it still works after reboot... Yep, problem resolved!

Thanks for the assistance. :unsure:

Guest LordKickapoo

Has anyone else noticed a problem when trying to send someones contact information via sms to someone else. I tried to do this today. but when i selected the contact information and added it to the sms zte pick someone elses information.

Is this problem only with RLS4?

Guest istnag
Don't forget to give feedback.

My Question is still waiting to get answered :unsure:

HOW is i possible to change the Bootlogo? Really it is so ugly it can not be described in words.

Need an easy tutorial.

THANKS

Not working,but thanks again... B)

I have same problem with the screen going black some times when calling. This trick didn't help, although the test said those were ok.

I did the calibration as Maringer and it seems that it solved also my problem.

Guest PeterDreher

I think the Sensors-Calibration-Trick (Caller *983*0# > Sensors) works for everybody who has a Swiss OSF with TFT, right? Or a OSF with TFT in general.

kallt_kaffe could find a fix for this. Just initializing the Sensors would fix the problem after every reboot.

Sometimes after reboot it is working fine. Sometimes it does not. I don't understand why. If i see the light Sensor not working after reboot then i apply the trick.

And thanks a lot Maigel, you rock.

Edited by PeterDreher

Guest Smiff2

the proximity sensor problem is not specific to TFT (I had it on my OLED) it's fixed by calibration and probably also not a ROM problem, unless this ROM should be initializing sensors and isn't? on mine it still works after rebooting so far.

the wrong-contact problem is apparently an Android bug, not the ROM.

yes this is newer than the hungarian rom.

the boot logo isn't very professional but you shouldn't see it often if everything is working ok!

it's a pretty solid ROM, everything now works for me; except for K9 crashing on every first run, but that's probably a K9 bug?

i recommend everyone install the z-devicetest app and check everything on their phone works soon after you buy it.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/z-devicetest/zausan.zdevicetest

Edited by Smiff2

Guest LordKickapoo

1. Has anyone else noticed a problem when trying to send someones contact information via sms to someone else. I tried to do this today. but when i selected the contact information and added it to the sms zte pick someone elses information.

Is this problem only with RLS4?

2. Is there way to "reset" multitouch, because multitouch visualizer2 shows that multitouch isnt working correctly?

Guest Jickelsen

I grew tired of the screen lockups in 2.2 and installed this. First I ran it with disabled HW accel and was very impressed with the UI responsiveness, but when I enabled it and rebooted I found that the UI was much choppier and that the scores in benchmarks were much lower (like 250 in quadrant and around 25 FPS in Neocore). When I disabled HW accel again by editing the config file everything immediately improved again. Strange...

Running with AHB overclock and EXT3 SD partition.

Lovely boot screen btw :unsure:

Edited by Jickelsen

Guest e_munky

How long does if take after flashing to load? Just flashed from SD card via clockwork and it's been at the boot picture (powering up please wait) for 15 mins.

Guest GeorgeBrooksy

Ive used this for the first time i've flashed my phone with a new ROM. I've go the ZTE Blade/Orange San Francisco if you were wondering.

Anyway im sure ive done it correctly as I.

Downloaded the file.

Put the Zip file in the SD card

I then booted the phone into Recovery mode or whatever its called the one thats upside down.

I then went through the whole Zip on SD card thing till I found it pressed Yes I want this to be done.

It says its all done correctly without problems.

Now. I boot up my phone and after the little green android man I get this little dog looking guy next to a Barbeque. Im guessing thats the Finnish Fillyjonk splash screen.

Well anyway It says Power up then after about 6 seconds the screen flashes off and on again instantly says Powering up please wait...

Now once the eclipse (The tree dots) gets up to 3 the screen flashes again and just says Powering up please wait untill the eclipse reaches the 3 dots and then flashes off and on again.

Could somebody help? I read somewhere that the first time you load up a custom ROM its usually slow untill you reboot it again. Thing is I havn't even reached the menu yet so I cant reboot it properly. I've tried pulling the battery out and turning it on again with no luck.

So could somebody please help?

EDIT: It's okay it works now.

@e_munky I think you had the same problem as me. Try this:

Go into recovery mode (Volume down turn on phone)

Go to Wipe cache partition - Go ahead and wipe it

Go to wipe data/factory reset - Go ahead and wipe it - BARE IN MIND THIS WILL DELETE YOUR CONTACTS, APPS ECT -

After I did both of these processes and it came up it was done correctly

I took out my SD card and booted it and it loaded fine - I dont think you need to take out your SD card but I did anyway -

I then put in my SD card and it works fine.

Bare in mind though it loads up 3G connectivity straight away well it did for me and since im on Pay as you go it drains money pretty quick so I just quickly turned it off.

Hope it helped :unsure:

Edited by GeorgeBrooksy

Guest PeterDreher
it's a pretty solid ROM, everything now works for me; except for K9 crashing on every first run, but that's probably a K9 bug?

EDIT

Yes, seems to be a problem with K-9. Happens with Stock-Firmware, too.

Every once in a while K-9 crashes.

@ALL and kallt_kaffe

Could you please make a call while charging and then unplug the cable?

The call will get interruped. (Hung up)

Could you please fix this, kallt_kaffe

What about the Proximity and Light Sensor that sometimes after reboot has to be initialzied to work properly. Any fix for this?

If those issues get fixed i would donate, again! Maybe others, too?!

this might be a stupid question, but if you're on wifi and 3G how do you know the phone is using wifi for all data?

3G is ONLY used when wifi is turned off. You will see the 3G logo when it is used.

Edited by PeterDreher

Guest istnag

I set the screen out time 1 minute. If the call under it the sensor work good,but if the call more then 1 minute the screen goes black and don't wake up automatically

Guest pillowfighter

Is there any way to use overclocking and original kernel (to make 5mpix work) at the same time? It would be nice to have a camera working.

Guest Smiff2

basically if the phone sleeps K9 mail will always crash the next time its opened. pretty annoying, and since the K9 update yesterday didn't fix it i'm thinking maybe it is related to this ROM.. same problem on two phones btw.

one other issue which i don't know may be ROM related

rotation - happens too easily and not when expected. e.g. just putting the phone down flat will cause it to rotate (bad) whereas turning it on its side it has to go nearly all the way to 90 degrees before it rotates. weird?

Edited by Smiff2