[ROM] [eclair] Finnish Fillyjonk RLS5 [2011-01-05]

Guest kallt_kaffe

I've been using RLS5 since yesterday, after a complete cache/data wipe, with HW disabled (I use Aura navigation that doesn't work well with it enabled), but sometimes my Blades gets slow as hell...

The transition between screens becomes slow and sometimes when I press App Drawer it takes about 15/20 secs to present all apps icons.

Also, never had problems with Fancy Widget Pro in RLS4 and now it gives Error loading Widget often B)

Gonna try another wipe and install everything without recurring to Titanium Backup, but I'll probably go back to RLS4 :unsure:

Guest PeterDreher

Something is wrong with the Signal-Bars but it is same with Stock firmware.

Got a Signalstrength on HSDPA right now at -73dBm (20ASU), it is full 4 bars in the Task bar.

Got a Signalstrenght on GSM now at -51dBm (31ASU), it is 2-3 bars in the Task bar.

I thought there was a reception Problem with the San Francisco with OLED from the UK so i gave it away. Now i have a Swiss OSF with TFT and it is the same. Too bad i found that out a little bit late.

Guest pitterr

Hey guys,

I've just flashed the lite RLS5, which is great. I managed to remove Email.apk and CarDock.apk from the install zip. It works. Thx!

But how can I add my 2 liked apps (Filer and XT9 IME methods)? If I add them to the zip (system\app\) the XT9

will fc all the time, but Filer seems to work fine anyway.

Update: Wow, I've just figured out how to fix the XT9. Its apk was on my sd card, so finally, I've tried to install it.

Then it says that this is a system app, and you really wanna update it, because it will replace the current version bla bla bla...

I thought what are you talking about, it's the same version, but I installed it anyway. And volia it works fine after this "update".

Great. :D

Edited by pitterr

Guest kallt_kaffe
Hey guys,

I've just flashed the lite RLS5, which is great. I managed to remove Email.apk and CarDock.apk from the install zip. It works. Thx!

But how can I add my 2 liked apps (Filer and XT9 IME methods)? If I add them to the zip (system\app\) the XT9

will fc all the time, but Filer seems to work fine anyway.

Update: Wow, I've just figured out how to fix the XT9. Its apk was on my sd card, so finally, I've tried to install it.

Then it says that this is a system app, and you really wanna update it, because it will replace the current version bla bla bla...

I thought what are you talking about, it's the same version, but I installed it anyway. And volia it works fine after this "update".

Great. :D

Some apps contains libs and must be installed. IME's are usually suchs apps. There is of course a trick to make it possible to put them in /system/app in a ROM. Open the XT9IME.apk with a zip program like WinRAR or 7-zip. Then extract the lib in /lib/armeabi (or something like that) and put it in /system/lib in the ROM. There are several apps that needs to be threated like that if they are to be put into /system/app in a custom ROM.

Guest pitterr
Some apps contains libs and must be installed. IME's are usually suchs apps. There is of course a trick to make it possible to put them in /system/app in a ROM. Open the XT9IME.apk with a zip program like WinRAR or 7-zip. Then extract the lib in /lib/armeabi (or something like that) and put it in /system/lib in the ROM. There are several apps that needs to be threated like that if they are to be put into /system/app in a custom ROM.

Now I know how to deal with it, thank you.

Lurking around for a while, but this is my first post :D

Thank you for your nice and smooth rom!

Would have 2 questions:

1. How can I change the boot logo (the white page with the funny drawing)? I've found a very nice bootanimation.zip and I'd like to use it. I've already changed your bootanimation.zip with my one, but at the beginning I got the same boot page...

2. As you suggested I've deleted some apk's from apps folder, and now I receive continuously an annoying message that "android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. - Force close". What could be wrong?

Thank you.

Guest gameSTICKER
Lurking around for a while, but this is my first post :D

Thank you for your nice and smooth rom!

Would have 2 questions:

1. How can I change the boot logo (the white page with the funny drawing)? I've found a very nice bootanimation.zip and I'd like to use it. I've already changed your bootanimation.zip with my one, but at the beginning I got the same boot page...

2. As you suggested I've deleted some apk's from apps folder, and now I receive continuously an annoying message that "android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. - Force close". What could be wrong?

Thank you.

1. http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=Se...Bboot+animation you'll have a read a few posts :P

2. Most probably you deleted one of the system app or provider. Flash the same rom WITHOUT data wipe and you should be all good. Generally I also delete unnecessary apps from /system and install my own or updated apps in /system but its something you'll learn over time that which ones to delete and which ones to keep B)

First of all thank you for this ROM.

I've applied the RLS5 ROM and I've noticed a problem:

I've got a backup of all contacts from my Gmail account in my SIM card (it might be useful someday!) and for I can remember, in the Contact's Display option from the stock ROM I can disable the SIM card contacts from showing in the Contacts' list to avoid duplicate items.

Now in this Custom ROM this options is gone. I just can disable the contact's group from my configured accounts. Everything else is not listed anymore, not even the telephone's list! The only option available beyond my gmail account's is "Only contacts with phones" checkbox.

Does Someone know how can I fix this problem or there is another way to disable the SIM card contacts?

Thank you and keep up the very good work!!!

Guest DarkChaosPaladin

Hello,

i want to uninstall ,MultiTouch Visualizer2, weather forecast and taschenlampe in your rom, which apps must i choose under system/app, to deleter them?

thanks

Guest PeterDreher
Hello,

i want to uninstall ,MultiTouch Visualizer2, weather forecast and taschenlampe in your rom, which apps must i choose under system/app, to deleter them?

thanks

Guess what, how about:

- MultitouchVisualizer2.apk

- FlashLight.apk

- WeatherWidgets.apk

Just took me 20sec. to go through the apps in the folder ;)

Edited by PeterDreher

running out of space on my phone running FF, can i create some more by removing unneeded apps (like above) then reflashing the zip, keeping all userdata&cache? presumably..

edit: no, wrong partition. i'll have to figure out App2SD, or just move to JJ 2.2 ... maybe when a few more issues with 2.2 are cleaned up ;)

Edited by Smiff2

Guest Leito92

Dear kallt_kaffe,

I'am Leito92 from xda-developers, and I need your help.

I'am trying to activate the gpu in U8120, and I believe I made great strides. I think now I just need a kernel with enabled gpu, so may I ask you to make the needed changes in the following boot.img? LINK

I hope you will help.

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Leito

Edited by Leito92

Guest PeterDreher

Hey KALLT

Will you get the LEAD-Displays to work with this ROM?

What about your other ROMs and the LEAD-Display (like in the Swiss Phones)???

Thanks a lot!

TFT:

IC: NT35580

Glass: LEAD

TFT:

IC:HX8369

Glass:TRULY

OLED:

IC: TL2796

Glass: Samsung

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Luke2642

This is the ROM I always find myself going back to when other roms let me down. Just wanted to say thanks!

1. It's stable (once I apply the disable hardware acceleration addon for my dodgy hardware)

2. It has the circle battery and the alarm app with 2 min snooze option and fade in, which I like!

3. It already has loads of fantastic apps installed! I wish more roms had FAT versions! There's too much LITE lovin' going on!

I'm yet to find a froyo rom with all these apps, circle battery and hw acceleration disable option... and no annoying bugs in the network settings or proximity sensor.

Guest Pelemane
I'm yet to find a froyo rom with all these apps, circle battery and hw acceleration disable option... and no annoying bugs in the network settings or proximity sensor.

Japanese Jellyfish doesnt have hw acceleration if you dont install hw addon and you can get circle battery to it, just install circle battery addon.

And there isnt any network or proximity bugs?

And you can move those apps to JJ. Just copy them from FF system/app folder to JJ system/app folder.

• 3 months later...
Guest ColdEmbrace
Whats so bad about eclair ?

It's old, slow, doesn't support a lot of new apps and functions like App2SD that we have come to love in Froyo and Gingerbread

• 4 years later...
Guest tarmo85

Hello! I want to use this rom. I install rom with clockworkmod recovery v5.0.2.0. Installing is all ok. When i reboot system , then i see only green android man and nothing happens. Sorry for my english. Someone help me, what i do wrong?