[ROM] [eclair] Finnish Fillyjonk RLS5 [2011-01-05]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe

About RELEASE

This is a custom ROM based on the finnish ZTE Blade ROM. However it is NOT a finnish only ROM, it supports the full range of Android supported languages.

Download

Get it here: Finnish_Fillyjonk_RLS5.zip MD5: 6F91791575F4BCC43327AECDD22A30AB

Or here (lite version): Finnish_Fillyjonk_RLS5_lite.zip (123.2Mb system) MD5: 5ECA496166DDE7213FC9777A50DD3C5D

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

Installation

Use Clockwork Recovery 2.5.0.9 or 2.5.1.3 to install the ROM and addons. Remember to Wipe data/cache when installing the ROM. No wipe, no whine...

LCD and/or Apps2SD user may want to try this Clockwork version where I replaced the kernel with my custom kernel so it supports EXT3 and the new displays: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1501261

RLS5

• Hardware UI accelleration is now the default, use addon to turn off.
  • Updated lots of apps.
  • Made lite version small enough to fit into a 128Mb system partition.
    • No AHB bus overclocking in the default kernel, use addon for AHB overclocking.
    • Replaced Wifi driver and firmware with the Hungarian version as it has been reported to work a bit better with the Wifi fix.
    • Updated Titanium Backup
    • Added Gingerbread keyboard and made it the default IME
    • Replaced Bluetooth File Transfer with the bluetooth addon for Astro File Manasger
    • Added Blade Wifi Fix app again.
    • Fixed Google Goggles
      • New overclocking code, no more overclocking addons. Boots at 600MHz but can be overclocked with SetCPU. Be careful with the "Set on Boot" checkbox until you know a speed is stable. The new code does not degrade 3D performance. It also overclocks the memory bus even at stock speed so please report any strangeness at stock speed (that goes away if you flash the "original_kernel" addon). Expect Qudrant scores above 500 even at moderate overclocking.
      • Removed Blade Wifi Fix. Not that the wifi problems are fixed, but it's in the market and sometimes the fix can be more annoying that having to reconnect manually.
      • Updated Maps, Market, Facebookt, Titanium Backup, Quadrant, Taskiller and APNDroid.
      • Replaced Filer with Astro File Manager
      • Replaced Stopwatch with Stopwatch & Timer
      • Replaced Notepad with ColorNote.
      • Added Bluetooth File Transfer
      • Added Flashlight
      • Added Linpack
      • Added Neocore
      • Replaced sensor lib with hungarian version (should fix compass issues and proximity sensor problems)
      • Changed the default compcache size from 64Mb to 32Mb as the only ones you should benefit from enabling compcache are the ones with 256Mb blades and with 256Mb RAM, 32Mb compcache should be a more realistic value to use.
      • Note that none of the suggested changes to get the wifi working better, like changing kernel settings, copying drivers/firmware from other ROMs etc has been applied to RLS3 as none of the changes has proven to be 100% effective (at least not on my phone). When we find a 100% fix I will of course add it.

post-750537-1292666164_thumb.png post-750537-1292666171_thumb.png post-750537-1292666176_thumb.png

RLS2
        • Toucscreen driver in custom kernel now reports pressure (original kernel always reports maximum pressure regardless of the real pressure)
        • Circle battery indicator is now default
        • Re-added TouchPal and XT9 IME methods, HTC_IME is still the default.
        • Upgraded Launcher Pro
        • Upgraded Google Voice
        • Added APN Droid
        • Added Blade Wifi Fix
        • Added Compass
        • Added Flash Notify (flashes screen when you missed a call, sms etc...)
        • Added Global Time from the swedish Blade ROM
        • Added GPS Status
        • Added Multitouch Visualizer 2 (To see the effects of the changes in the touchscreen driver)
        • Replaced akmd2 (compass service) with the one from the Hungarian ROM. (will make an addon with the finnish akmd2 if this turns out to break compability with their blades)
        • Made a "lite" version with pretty much all the bells'n'whistles removed.

• Swap support enabled
          • Swap notify support added (improves compcache)
          • Added support for EXT3 (for better/safer Apps2SD)
          • Support for overclocking (available as addons)
          • Some PPP options someone asked for that is used by VPN.
          • Does not support 5MP camera. Use the original_kernel addon if you have one of those phones.
          • Android

[*]Based on the TM_P729TV1.0.0B02 ROM

[*]Cleaned up init.rc a bit and made sure /system is and can be mounted as read-only (which is not the case in stock blade roms)

[*]Added compcache module and a script to enable compcache (type "compcache.sh enable" in a terminal)

[*]Restored standard Android menu colors

[*]Removed XT9IME

[*]Removed Touchpal

[*]Replaced bootlogo and bootanimation

[*]Replaced/Updated Google Maps with latest version

[*]Updated Street View

[*]Updated Market

[*]Added VoiceSearch

[*]Added Car Dock

[*]Added Google Voice

[*]Added Google Gesture Search

[*]Added Google Goggles

[*]Added Google Reader

[*]Added Google Listen

[*]Added Google Translate

[*]Added Google Sky Map

[*]Added Facebook

[*]Added Twitter

[*]Added HTC_IME by jonasl

[*]Added Flash lite support (can run .swf files)

[*]Added Home Switcher

[*]Added Launcher Pro

[*]Added Weather Widget (yr.no) app (latest version that had flipclock)

[*]Added Titanium backup

[*]Added GPS Test

[*]Added Adfree Android

[*]Added Where's My Droid

[*]Added Spare parts

[*]Added Taskiller Free

[*]Added Quadrant Standard

[*]Added GenieWidget (News & Weather)

[*]Added Terminal Emulator

[*]Added huge APN list from CM6

[*]Rooted with latest Super User permissions app

[*]Added busybox

[*]Added bash

[*]Added Darktremor Apps2SD (SD-card parititioning in Clockwork recovery is broken so use another phone to partition or gparted or similar)

[*]Changed dalvik vm heapsize from 24 to 32

[*]Added tun.ko for OpenVPN users

[*]Hardware accellerated UI as an addon

Why so bloated? Could you remove X and Y in the next release?

Instead of making a "lite" version I will here explain how to remove unwanted apps before installing.

[*]Open Finnish_Fillyjonk_RLS4.zip in WinZip, WinRAR, 7-zip or similar.

[*]Navigate to /system/app

[*]Delete unwanted apps

[*]Install

Known issues

[*]Wifi still sucks... sort of...

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe

Addons to Finnish Fillyjonk RLS5

Here's a bunch of addons that can be used to change the behaviour of the ROM

• ahb_overclocking - A kernel that overclocks the AHB bus for extra performance.
  • brut_maps - Replaces Google Maps with Brut Google Maps 4.6.0.4686-brut17
  • original_battery - Replaces battery icon with a original battery icon.
  • original_kernel - Replaces kernel with the kernel shipped with the Finnish ROM. Use this if you have trouble with the custom kernel. Required for 5Mpixel camera.
  • no_hw_ui - Disables hardware accelleration for the GUI.

Finnish_Fillyjonk_RLS5_addons.rar MD5: D9457F27C9F1F6550110A8EA3BED0A51

Changing system partition size to 128Mb and data to 286Mb(FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY ON THEIR OWN RISK!)

• Download and extract this "image" folder to the the SD-card: http://www.mediafire.com/?a0vaj9j6ca5ci3o MD5: F2354E43A7F4935BDB407D3994D67DA4
    • Download the lite version of Finnish Fillyjonk RLS5 and put it on the SD-card.
    • Power off the phone and when powering on hold Menu and Volume-up
    • When some green text shows up saying it's installing a bunch of .mbn and .img files you may release the buttons and wait for it to reboot.
    • It will now reboot into Clockwork recovery (Sebs version with EXT3 support) so now it's time to install the lite version.
    • Reboot when it has finished installing, no need to wipe.
    • NOTE! This also installs a bunch of firmware files from the Hungarian 256->512Mb update. It works fine on my OSF but do NOT blame me if it bricks your phone. You do not NEED to change partition sizes to use the "lite" version. It's just for advanced users who want to get more space for apps in /data. If this sounds confusing, then it's not for you.

Go back to standard partition sizes

Repeat the above but with this "image" folder: http://www.mediafire.com/?xtckadj09b7sxt2 MD5: C8010D841AF463F3CB1FDEDFFAFA3B1E

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest Cow_007

nice work. will try it. dont like the bugs in new 2.2 so no plunge there yet. ;)

addons wrong link?

also se no note about google talk but i guess thats included default in finnish rom. only in orange-versions it need to be added?

Guest kallt_kaffe
nice work. will try it. dont like the bugs in new 2.2 so no plunge there yet. ;)

addons wrong link?

Sorry, fixed now.

also se no note about google talk but i guess thats included default in finnish rom. only in orange-versions it need to be added?

You are right... It was there allready.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Thanks kallt_kaffe, great work! ;)

Had the screen locking issue with all the Froyo releases I tested, but no problems whatsoever with this one.

Does the custom kernel work correctly on the Finnish blade? I'm not sure if my custom kernel have been tested with a 5MP camera before.

Id like to test this but when i flash it and reboot the device the screen just starts to blink after few minutes in please wait... screen. Did the data/cache wipe. I have finnish blade.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Id like to test this but when i flash it and reboot the device the screen just starts to blink after few minutes in please wait... screen. Did the data/cache wipe. I have finnish blade.

Try flashing the original_kernel addon. There may be hardware differences that isn't covered by the kernel source code that ZTE has released to us.

Try flashing the original_kernel addon. There may be hardware differences that isn't covered by the kernel source code that ZTE has released to us.
Got it working. I restored my backup and then flashed the firmware without the data/cache wipe and that did work. Didnt use original kernel.

Guest kallt_kaffe
What is special or better about this ROM than the Hungarian Hedgehog? Wifi more stable, or faster? Just uit of curiosity ;)

Wifi is more stable, syncing data is also on by default. I've also updated some of the included apps. It's also more bloated but that depending on who you ask that may not equal "better" but you can easily delete the apps in the zip file that you do not want.

Also the framework-res.apk in this build survived going through the battery circle generating webpage, the Hungarian didn't...

Guest gambieter
Wifi is more stable, syncing data is also on by default. I've also updated some of the included apps. It's also more bloated but that depending on who you ask that may not equal "better" but you can easily delete the apps in the zip file that you do not want.

Also the framework-res.apk in this build survived going through the battery circle generating webpage, the Hungarian didn't...

Thanks, that helps. I may give it a shot, too many ROMs to try, so little time ;)

Thanks for all the hard work!

Guest leetron1

Great ROM..how would I revert to stock 600MHz if I'd already flashed an overclock zip, please?

Any ideas about killing the blip/beep sound on boot, also when usb connects to PC?

Thanks in anticipation.. ;)

Guest aikvali
Does the custom kernel work correctly on the Finnish blade? I'm not sure if my custom kernel have been tested with a 5MP camera before.

I just checked that, and the camera did not show any picture when started with the custom kernel (no error message).

When I flashed in the original kernel, the camera worked fine.

Guest thomas01155
Great ROM..how would I revert to stock 600MHz if I'd already flashed an overclock zip, please?

Any ideas about killing the blip/beep sound on boot, also when usb connects to PC?

Thanks in anticipation.. ;)

Finnish_Fillyjonk_RLS1_original_kernel.zip is 600mhz I think :P

Edited by thomas01155

I just checked that, and the camera did not show any picture when started with the custom kernel (no error message).

When I flashed in the original kernel, the camera worked fine.

I can confirm this.

Guest kallt_kaffe

Just flash the original archive without wiping data.

You only get a boot sound when booting with USB connected, right? I belive you are referring to the same sound.

Turn off "USB debugging" in Settings->Applications. That should turn it off.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Finnish_Fillyjonk_RLS1_original_kernel.zip is 600mhz I think ;)

Yes it is, but if you need EXT3 or anything else in the custom kernel then flashing the original archive(no wipe) is the way to go.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest leetron1
Just flash the original archive without wiping data.

You only get a boot sound when booting with USB connected, right? I belive you are referring to the same sound.

Turn off "USB debugging" in Settings->Applications. That should turn it off.

No boot sound is same sound as when connecting usb to PC but occurs without cable connected!

Turned off debugging..noise still there..do you not get it yourself? Related to mounting sd card..

Edited by leetron1

Guest kallt_kaffe
No boot sound is same sound as when connecting usb to PC but occurs without cable connected!

Try turning off the "SD card notification" sound in Sound & Display settings.