[ROM] [eclair] Finnish Fillyjonk RLS5 [2011-01-05]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Big "thank you" (and congratulations) to kallt_kaffe for what seems like it will be the definitive 2.1 for the Blade!

does this ROM have hardware acceleration plz?

Guest hansdampf88

So what do I need to do to update without losing everything from my current rom (RLS2)? :)

Just Titanium Backup, but what about the widgets n design stuff I modified?

(new to this all, sry)

good job!

any bug report is appreciated.

a very small suggestion, could you please post the MD5 of the zip files in your posts in order for us to verify the zip after download?

Edited by dsmall

Guest jurrasstoil

I wasn't sure if i should take this (RLS2), CustomBladeVillain or Pauls Froyo Alpha, but now i'll def install your RLS3 when i get my blade. Looks really good. thanks for all the work you put in!

Guest Daimaah
Also I'd like some feedback from someone with an Suanalahti blade. I allready know they need the original_kernel addon to get their 5mpixel camera to work but I want to know if the proximity sensor and the compass works as expected with RLS3. There is a possibility that I need to create an addon for the Saunalahti phones to restore the sensor lib and the compass "driver" with their original version.

I've just installed RLS3 on a Saunalahti Blade and from what I can tell the compass in Maps is working correctly. (It didn't even work correctly on the ROM that it came originally with, so this fixed it!). While not as accurate as it could be, it's no longer 90 degrees off. Can't say anything other about the proximity sensors than that I had no wakeup problems even with RLS2.

Guest kallt_kaffe
What would be the best stable speed to set the cpu at?

Start at 672MHz, that should work on pretty much every phone out there. If it's stable, try next step (691.2MHz), go until until you get stability issues (rebooting, freezing etc) and then step down one step, keep trying until you find the maximum stable speed for your phone. My phone seems stable at 710.4MHz but I get freezes sometimes at 729.6.MHz while others can reach above 800MHz.

Guest kallt_kaffe
I've just installed RLS3 on a Saunalahti Blade and from what I can tell the compass in Maps is working correctly. (It didn't even work correctly on the ROM that it came originally with, so this fixed it!). While not as accurate as it could be, it's no longer 90 degrees off. Can't say anything other about the proximity sensors than that I had no wakeup problems even with RLS2.

Thanks for the feedback... Sounds like your only choice then will be if you want to sacrifice the camera for overclocking.

Guest LordKickapoo

Installed this ROM today for my Saunalahti Blade. After RLS2 this ROM seems faster and more solid. havent though flashed ROM`s just few days so :).

Blade now runs somewhere 729mhz and seems quite solid, but have to try OC even more. @ 800mhz phone freezes instatly.

Benchmarking gave 540points where RLS2 gave somewhat under 500 with addons

I havent get Brut maps to work, it just checkin navigation capibilities. I shall try to install it again.

Great Work, Great ROM!

Edited by LordKickapoo

Guest jpdribbler
Added two more steps so this one has a maximum of 844.8MHz

Thank you for this nice zip file!

Flashed 2 different Blades (TFT-Swiss one and OLED-Englisch one) with it and both seem to be stable and very fast.

How do i check which cpu speed is avtivated currently?

...best ROM so far! :-)

Thank you for this nice zip file!

Flashed 2 different Blades (TFT-Swiss one and OLED-Englisch one) with it and both seem to be stable and very fast.

How do i check which cpu speed is avtivated currently?

...best ROM so far! :-)

is the quadrant 2D benchmark is very slow ?

my oled ver only have 7-8fps

Flashed this morning with rls3, unfortunately not such a good experience for me. Any sniff of oc and it freezes, even at 672, even had it freeze once with no overclock, and also random reboots at stock clock too.

This is not usual for my device, never had any freeze issues on any other rom i've tried.

Obviously, all the usual wipes performed before install, as was coming from paul's 2.2

Tried another wipe/install, same experience, device is ouk grey oled 512 3.2 Mpx

Guest tonnikala
Flashed this morning with rls3, unfortunately not such a good experience for me. Any sniff of oc and it freezes, even at 672, even had it freeze once with no overclock, and also random reboots at stock clock too.

Try the attached update. It sets AHB clock to CPUspeed/3 instead of CPUspeed/2. If the AHB bus overclocking is the limiting factor for your phone then this version may allow you to reach higher CPU speeds (but propably lower Quadrant scores)

Post #286

Try that kernel. RLS3 overclocks AHB bus (even at stock cpu clock), and maybe your phone doesn't like overclocked AHB bus..?

At 600MHz cpu clock that extreme2 kernel sets AHB bus from 300MHz to 200MHz. I think that the 200MHz is the stock AHB bus clock? kallt_kaffe can confim this.

Edited by tonnikala

Guest SaNcHo777

has anybody figured out how to use apps2sd with this rom?

i found alot of different tutorials, none specific for the blade, but it didnt work.

so i used recovery_clockwork_2.5.1.3_blade_ext3 to format/partition the sd card and then installed the zip dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-signed.zip from the sd card. after rebooting nothing has changed. the terminal command ls -l /data shows that the apps are still not forwarded to the sd card.

anybody a clue?