Are you planning to buy a Nexus S?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Karolis
16gigs is more than i currently have in my desire. guess this will not be such a problem, imho. no need for app2sd i hope :-)

Exactly!

I can't even fill-up my 4GB microSD on Nexus One, so 16 GB internal is more than enough for me.

Guest Popple3

I'm a little bit disappointed overall, with both the Nexus S and Gingerbread.

The Nexus S doesn't seem to be anything special compared to what's already out there on the market. Living in Ireland, I'm positive that NFC won't be of any use to me, and then after that, there's nothing about it that makes me wanna buy it.

Guest pedronveloso
16gigs is more than i currently have in my desire. guess this will not be such a problem, imho. no need for app2sd i hope :-)

There are worst things, but an sdcard it's good to have around.

Guest mark2410

do i want the option of an sd card? yes

do i actually ever use my phone for anything that requires it? no

i dont see why they havent included it but what i miss more on it is only bluetooth 2.1

Guest DistortedLoop

This phone is very disappointing, and yet still slightly interesting.

As current i9000 Galaxy S user, I look at this thing, at least what little I've been able to read of the actual specs/hardware details, and I say, it's very disappointing. Basically the US Galaxy Vibrant with a slightly different form factor and the capacitive buttons laid out to the same as the Nexus One. Big deal.

If the thing supports T-Mobile's faster "4G" speeds, I'm all over it and will dump both my Nexus One (with a Tmobile sim) and my Galaxy S (on AT&T) for this. It doesn't look to support the faster HSPA+ speeds, though, which is a shocker this late in the game for T-Mobile US.

From Paul's tweet a few minutes ago, looks like this thing does have a second micro sdcard after all? That's not a 100% dealbreaker for me, but as a guy who has no problem filling up a 32gb iPhone with media, and my Galaxy S's 32gb (internal and external combined), it's certainly something I have to consider carefully.

Guest redmongoose

I have always been wary of the samsung build quality.

Very underwhelmed by this phone. Doesn't have anything on the nexus one for me.

Glad I pumped for a desire hd.

Guest DistortedLoop
I'd prolly pick one up when they come out with the AT&T 3G version. Still worried because its a Galaxy S phone. My Captivate sucked.

The Galaxy S sure ran out of steam fast here on Modaco, but over on xda, the i9000 and the Vibrant (not sure about the Captivate) have some really amazing ROMS (Froyo based) out now, and my i9000 is steaming fast, with a big beautiful screen and a touchscreen that actually works accurately (I don't feel the Nexus One's does).

I'm really disappointed that this phone is released on T-Mobile without the newer "4G" radio, have to say again "WTF were they thinking?" I'd have snapped one of these up just for the 4G, and I'd have considered one if it had the Vibrants dual AT&T/T-Mobile 3G support (HSPA 850 and AWS), but as is, it's just not that interesting.

Guest nfinit3
I'd prolly pick one up when they come out with the AT&T 3G version. Still worried because its a Galaxy S phone. My Captivate sucked.

I agree, if ATT picks this up, soon...hopefully not 2 months from now, I may pick it up. Preferably at the subsidized price considering I've been waiting with the upgrade option for months now and I don't plan on jumping ship. I'm currently rocking on a Captivate but I also have the Nexus One.

Well, if google s doing it just so that every main manufacturers get the chance to do a 'nexus', at least this means the world won't have to endure another nexus made by samsung after this one! Evey cloud has a silver lining...

Nexus Droid by Motorola perhaps? :P

Edit: actually it looks like Motorola s got the Honeycomb Tablet..oh well ;)

Edited by cezent

Guest Mr.Clark

If there's no MicroSD slot, what happens when you change the ROM on your device - does everything get wiped a la Windows Mobile?

Not that I'd want to do that on a pure Google Android ROM, but you never know. And it's also a useful "cure all" for strange software issues. And having to remember to have a copy of all music and documents elsewhere would be a right PITA...

But no, I won't buy it. The lack of MicroSD is a reason, but not the only one. The ridiculous price is another. As are the frankly mediocre specs.

Edited by Mr.Clark