[THEME] Gingerbread 2.2 MCR R6

Guest SWOriginal

Guest Frankish

Paul didn't release it as far as i know. The fix was a very easy one just well hidden.

Believe it or not i just finished the Gingerbread theme ready for testing...and deleted it by accident. Just re-done it and about to test. What a joke! lol

Guest SWOriginal
Paul didn't release it as far as i know. The fix was a very easy one just well hidden.

Believe it or not i just finished the Gingerbread theme ready for testing...and deleted it by accident. Just re-done it and about to test. What a joke! lol

checking the framework wouldnt have even came to mind for fixing coarse location lol,

again thanks for sorting it out ;)

Guest SWOriginal
It was just 2 lines in /values/string.xml set to null. Needed changing.

And now a Gingerbread theme for you all!

Downloading now, Post will be updated in a bit ;)

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest SWOriginal
Oh the string.xml was about coarse location. Not sure what you mean about reuploading?

You've edited a few of the lockscreen graphics so i'll re-upload using my graphics ;)

Edit: flashed wrong file

Edit: PS:Unable to flash with clockwork

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest AlphaVision

I've installed both of the theme versions and had no problems. I am using the latest ClockWork version.

It's really nice and looks good. I have been using Android for more than a year and the change in style feels really refreshing. And now since the coarse location works - man, that was goood!

Thank you!

Guest AlphaVision

Guys, can you fix the text color in the menus of the apps. If you go to messaging, press menu and then the little arrow that opens a sub menu with list of options - it's black text on black background

Edit: Sorry, I just saw that - http://android.modaco.com/content-page/325...theme/page/80/#

Edited by AlphaVision

Guest SWOriginal

Guys, can you fix the text color in the menus of the apps. If you go to messaging, press menu and then the little arrow that opens a sub menu with list of options - it's black text on black background

Edit: Sorry, I just saw that - http://android.modaco.com/content-page/325...theme/page/80/#

I have yet to update my version, for now use frankish version (includes desire images) :)

Edit: R3 now up

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest Simon O
R4 Now up! Fixes allot of issues, it is now polished for daily use.

R4 is using the stock lock screen yes? Just wanted to check as the screen shots show the custom ZTE lock screen and I've installed R5 of your theme onto Pauls MCR R4 that I cooked with the stock lockscreen and it hasn't changed to the ZTE one.

If you changed to the stock lockscreen then might be worth letting people know as SIM PIN lock doesn't work on that.

Guest SWOriginal
R4 is using the stock lock screen yes? Just wanted to check as the screen shots show the custom ZTE lock screen and I've installed R5 of your theme onto Pauls MCR R4 that I cooked with the stock lockscreen and it hasn't changed to the ZTE one.

If you changed to the stock lockscreen then might be worth letting people know as SIM PIN lock doesn't work on that.

Ive changed the zte lockscreen (shown in image), but gingerbreads lockscreen images are also inluded for those who are using the android lockscreen :)

Will update the post to warn people of the sim lock issue tho

Guest Simon O
Ive changed the zte lockscreen (shown in image), but gingerbreads lockscreen images are also inluded for those who are using the android lockscreen :)

Will update the post to warn people of the sim lock issue tho

Ah it's my fault... I saw services.jar in the zip and, for some reason, got it confused with android.policy.jar

Ah, so that is the reason why Pauls Froyo build with kitchen stock lockscreen doesn´t work for me?

It never gets past modaco logo and reloads it while led is flashing red. Never saw an answer for that problem in Pauls froyo topic.

Just so i know before i try, can you confirm that disabling SIM PIN makes stock lockscreen work? pls

Guest SWOriginal
I was just wondering how come the signal bar is white and not green?

you could mess about with the framework if you want the signal bar green, as the services.jar is from the desire theme slate theme the green signal bar when synced is not enabled. PS: not even sure if we can enable it for froyo :)

R5v2 now up: Fixes 10% battery icon (didnt test the theme enough before to notice)

Guest SWOriginal
you could mess about with the framework if you want the signal bar green

R6 Now up which improves the signal bar for 3g & gsm users, You now have a green signal bar :)

I personally think the items that pop up on pressing the munu button looked better black than stock froyo, goes better with the whole gingerbread look.

Would it be possible to offer both up? Otherwise, really good theme :)