Paul working on r10 based on an unreleased leak

Guest le_lutin

Guest le_lutin

Eddy, this is a bit off topic, but I know you've plenty of experience with ROMs so I'll ask it here:

I flashed from baadnewz RC1 to 1.3 last night, everthing went well - a little too well in fact! All the applications that I had installed on RC1 reappeared (gradually) on 1.3 without me doing anything.

Now, am 100% sure that I am on 1.3 and the flash went well, but I could have sworn I did every possible wipe in recovery. So how come these apps reappear?

The only reason I ask is that I always like to do a totally clean install.

BTW, I think I might give eMIUI a go once the new version comes along. Looks lovely.

Edited by le_lutin

Eddy, this is a bit off topic, but I know you've plenty of experience with ROMs so I'll ask it here:

I flashed from baadnewz RC1 to 1.3 last night, everthing went well - a little too well in fact! All the applications that I had installed on RC1 reappeared (gradually) on 1.3 without me doing anything.

Now, am 100% sure that I am on 1.3 and the flash went well, but I could have sworn I did every possible wipe in recovery. So how come these apps reappear?

Because they get reinstalled from the market if I remember correctly. Some roms do that and some don't. Pauls don't but I used Cyanogen's rom once so now every new rom installs dialer one and opera (kind of annoying) which I've used on it.

Guest le_lutin
Yep, the new Sense links to your Google accounts and will re-download the apps you had installed...bit annoying if you ask me but I can see why it's included

That explains it, thanks bpivk and EddyOS.

It's not a bad feature really I suppose. Probably saved me a good bit of time re-installing apps.

BTW, is it just me, or is HTC Locations a bit crap?

The only reason I ask is that I always like to do a totally clean install.

BTW, I think I might give eMIUI a go once the new version comes along. Looks lovely.

you can enable/disable this auto restore feature of application data in preferences / privacy