ZTE V9 Tablet

Guest J_Martin

Damn, missed you...

When you wake up, let me know how you did the break down of the updates and what ROMs you used...

you used the boot.img from what ROM and used it in which other ROM ?

Did you change any of the other files over ?

Going to read up on display drivers and see if i can get it working on that... just messing about playing with different thing...

Just thought i would have a play around with this chinese blade ROM (UNI_CN_P729CUV1.0.0B07-update_signed.zip) and downloaded it from the Blade threads. Went to try and install it and when i do, it comes up under Clockwork Mod 3.0 as an error and wont install...

Error is something like..

Amend scripting is no longer supported as of 3.0...

Use Edify scripting to create backup...

Might see if i can can flash back to 2.x clockwork and get it to install...

Edited by Pegaxs

Got 2.2 to load. Only problem is that i cant read Chinese.

Does not really matter as the touch screen us unusable at the moment.

I took the Chinese ROM zip mentioned before, stripped the "system" folder out of it. Opened the Optus ROM zip and replaced the system folder there with the one from the Chinese 2.2.

I know it isnt the best way to do things, but at least it booted. That is a good thing. LCD display works, touch screen worked but was really broken. booted into desktop, nothing worked, no buttons or screen then it went to lock screen. Lock screen i could turn vibrate/ringer on and off, but each time i tried to unlock the screen, it would just look like it was going back to desktop and relock itself.

Getting somewhere... will try a few more things and see what i can get working...

If i replace the lib folder with the drivers from the Optus ROM, it just stops working and boot loops. Dont know enough about what drivers do what to start replacing them one at a time...

Edited the build.prop to display english... hope that helps! :D OMG!! yes it has!!! :huh: least i can read what is going on now!

"Sorry: Process system is not responding. force close yes/no"

And charging seems to be working as well :P

Red LED just keeps flashing... dont know if that is charging related or error related... will search further...

accelerometer does not appear to be working either...

Edited by Pegaxs

Guest serialmonkey

Been able to get the odd Blade Froyo build to boot, but never to a usable state. Generally just switching in the original Optus boot.img as others have.

Still can't get the system folder from my own cyanogen froyo-stable branch build to boot. That's annoying me.

Photo attached is one of the better results using Tom G's Cyanogen 6.1 booted with the stock boot.img

post-815593-1297586161_thumb.jpg

Edited by serialmonkey

Serialmonkey... when you use the cyanogen 6.1, do you get the same screen unlocking/input calibrations all over the shop ??? i just want to get into the settings so i can turn on USB debugging so i can connect to the device from shell and do a logcat... I just cant get the screen input to work.

Some screens it works in a small section, others it works in reverse. most of them only work on the half screen and almost like the screen in inverted...

Guest alpha xs
ok im having a real hard time getting adb to see the device. lets start from the beginning. adb is on in application settings. what drivers do i need?

The best drivers avaiable and that will get your device to connect in the case of a failure are this

this, they were modified for better reconization

Guest serialmonkey
when you use the cyanogen 6.1, do you get the same screen unlocking/input calibrations all over the shop ???

Correct. I've had the same in every Blade mod I've tried. I remember reading with the blade that the screen was upside down and they had to 'fix' somethiat ng to flip it for the blade. Perhaps we need to find what that was and reverse it.

I have replaced whole folders with varying effect, but nothing has had any effect so far on the way the screen is controlled. Because we are booting from the Optus boot image, pretty easy to see that the Optus boot image has little or nothing to do with it. I am wondering if the Blade has a capacitive screen and that could be causing issues. I have tried copying all the extra drivers over from the Optus tab and sticking with the China ROM main drivers and that had no noticable effect.

Anyway, awake now, might have a little bit more of a search...

Found a ts.conf file in /system/etc/ and copied it over... no effect on touch screen... still sideways and back to front :D

Found pointercal file, and thought that might work using the calibration from the V9... scrub that. no effect on screen...

Obviously the blade does not have a restitive screen... as in the setting menu there is no place to select touch screen calibration...

Edited by Pegaxs

Guest alpha xs

hi ppl it's been a long weekend and haven't had the time to dig any further, i've had some sucessefull boots and other's not so sucefulll but the sreen input keeps to be the problem by now.

Sebastian have o received yours yet!?

Guest alpha xs

there's a new version of the zte, (as sebastian mentioned before) and its been seen on the wild and its called zte v9 plus

It has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 1GHz single core chipset, it runs on Android 2.2 and packs a 7-inch WSVGA!! capacitive touchscreen (the V9 has a WVGA resistive one).

On top of this it does SMS AND voice, Dolby Mobile 3.0, MicroSDHC, 512MB RAM and 4GB onboard storage, has a 5-megapixel camera with AF, Wi-Fi, DLNA, 3G (HSPA with download speeds of 14Mbps and uploads of 6Mbps), Bluetooth and GPS.

The issue here is this 2.2 version... its one more to see

Edited by alpha xs

Guest cuttysark76
... still sideways and back to front :D

I believe that is simple to solve (don't know how to do) but when Blade cookers started to port ROM's, they had the screens like you have, upside down, amd they used this as custom solution... Ask for help at their threads or search them.

BR

Edited by cuttysark76

Guest synaptic

Just wondering, seems that the main drawback with this device (2.2 aside) is that the CPU is slow (600Mhz). Is it hard to mod a custom kernel for these devices, or does the device need to be 2.2 to make it worthwhile overclocking the device (or is it just not worth it generally). I've seen somewhere that this CPU (MSM7227) is supposedly stable up to ~800MHz.

Edited by synaptic

Guest Sebastian404
I tryed several aproches, and as always, attempt an error....

I sucessefully booted by extracting them both the v9 and the 2.2blade rom, and then replacing the blade boot for the v9, and them packing it all back again, couldn't find a kitchen so had to do it the hard way...

Good news that you're getting it! (how did you manage to get it shiped out, and from where...)(just curious!!!)

I should of guess that when I saw the screen was upside down. your going to have lots of problems with that the touch screen driver is part of the kernel, you need to match that with the module.

I met up with a friend at MWC who flew over from Australia, he's girlfriend brought me one in her luggage, I have it in my luggage, but I'm currently packing up to return to the US, so I'm not going to get to look at till next week at the soonest.

Guest Sebastian404

I guess the big problem we have is that we cant get the kernel source to compile in a working kernel... I'm hoping that now I've got a device I might be able to make some more headway with that...

We managed to get ZTE to give us a working Blade kernel after a lot of pestering, hopefully they will be more responsive now

once we have a working kernel, then we can build a 2.6.32 kernel, that we will need to run 2.2

Guest alpha xs
I should of guess that when I saw the screen was upside down. your going to have lots of problems with that the touch screen driver is part of the kernel, you need to match that with the module.

I met up with a friend at MWC who flew over from Australia, he's girlfriend brought me one in her luggage, I have it in my luggage, but I'm currently packing up to return to the US, so I'm not going to get to look at till next week at the soonest.

you've been in barcelona, a few more miles west and you could find the z9 on sale lol (vodafone.es donĀ“t seem to be seeling it)

Guest Damian J
I guess the big problem we have is that we cant get the kernel source to compile in a working kernel... I'm hoping that now I've got a device I might be able to make some more headway with that...

We managed to get ZTE to give us a working Blade kernel after a lot of pestering, hopefully they will be more responsive now

once we have a working kernel, then we can build a 2.6.32 kernel, that we will need to run 2.2

Working IE "compilable" blade source?

Im a good hacker but only a beginner dev so excuse me if I'm way off but couldnt we just get the blade source and insert the lines about touchscreen from the non working v9 source then compile?

Following this thread I also got a kernel to compile but no luck booting it.

Would be nice to chance the cpu scaling too and see how far this thing will go. It's sooo close to playing divx...

Can someone kindly upload there mkyaffs2imag and unyaffs2? It doesn't seem to like my unpacked system images as other devices I make roms for do...

Guest Sebastian404
you've been in barcelona, a few more miles west and you could find the z9 on sale lol (vodafone.es donĀ“t seem to be seeling it)

I went looking for a ZTE Joe too, but didn't find much in the way of phone shops, and to be fair I was officially there on business...

Guest cuttysark76
Would be nice to chance the cpu scaling too and see how far this thing will go. It's sooo close to playing divx...

The maximum I get is 800MHZ (Vodafone 945 same cpu) but freezes.