BladeUnlock - SIM Network Unlock (NCK) Code generator

Guest Arr Too

Guest magikmat
This looks very simple but I'm stumped! I've downloaded the BladeUnlock zip file, unzipped it and copied it to the root on the SD card. How do I execute the file? Clicking on the BladeUnlock folder with Filer just opens up the folder and I can't see a way of running it.

i am having this exact problem :D

Guest Arr Too

Dunno what to suggest -- it ought to show up in the normal Filer app. Try just copying the .apk file to the SD card. Perhaps you'll also need to turn on the "Unknown sources" option in Settings->Applications in whatever ROM you're using, too.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest qiyun
As promised a while ago I've learnt how to make an Android app! This is pretty basic, but I think it covers the "security" worries that people have with giving out their IMEI to random web sites for free codes [odd that people feel happy when they are also giving out their money/eBay/address/bank details...!]. (Note: this is probably the most secure way of doing this that exists, since Android apps have to ask for permission to do stuff like use the internet or your SD storage, and this app only reads your phone state in order to get its IMEI -- it doesn't send or store any data anywhere, or access anything else.)

The app shows your IMEI and generates the NCK code, but it doesn't attempt to apply it, so you have to note it down and follow the normal routine of inserting a different SIM into a ROM that cares about these things. See here for more details, and a video from Paul! (Maybe the next version will be able to automate this a bit, but don't hold your breath.)

The "Reset Attempts (and Lock)" button will reset the phone's internal idea of how many unlock attempts you have back to the initial 5. It will also put it back in the state where it will prompt for the NCK code when you use a different provider's SIM. This may be useful for putting the phone back to (seemingly) the factory state, or for the reported occasions where interactions with Orange [unblocking a phone?] have reset their end of the network lock [?not sure about this?].

HAPPY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL!!

thanks for sharing.

Guest patroli
As promised a while ago I've learnt how to make an Android app! This is pretty basic, but I think it covers the "security" worries that people have with giving out their IMEI to random web sites for free codes [odd that people feel happy when they are also giving out their money/eBay/address/bank details...!]. (Note: this is probably the most secure way of doing this that exists, since Android apps have to ask for permission to do stuff like use the internet or your SD storage, and this app only reads your phone state in order to get its IMEI -- it doesn't send or store any data anywhere, or access anything else.)

The app shows your IMEI and generates the NCK code, but it doesn't attempt to apply it, so you have to note it down and follow the normal routine of inserting a different SIM into a ROM that cares about these things. See here for more details, and a video from Paul! (Maybe the next version will be able to automate this a bit, but don't hold your breath.)

The "Reset Attempts (and Lock)" button will reset the phone's internal idea of how many unlock attempts you have back to the initial 5. It will also put it back in the state where it will prompt for the NCK code when you use a different provider's SIM. This may be useful for putting the phone back to (seemingly) the factory state, or for the reported occasions where interactions with Orange [unblocking a phone?] have reset their end of the network lock [?not sure about this?].

HAPPY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL!!

Worked great on Vodafone 945.Thank you very much!

Guest kevinamadeus

Many thanks Arr Too.

I'm a complete noob but even I found it easy and it only took a few minutes to unlock.

Excellent work. :)

Guest Arr Too

The code generation in the app ought to work on any Android phone. Can you be a little more specific about which phone (and ROM) you are worried about?

Guest larlie212

:) i have try it out but it didnt work on my vodafone 845... plsss help becuase i can use other sim, i cant also connect to my wifi.. badly need unlock the network sim... HELP Help help SOS :)

Guest hjcok1

Phew, thanks, it was tough but seems to have worked! I'm making my life difficult using roaming sims.

Thank you very much for the app, top job!

Guest isambard
Not really a surprise, is it? Try asking for unlock mechanisms in the correct forum for your phone.

:o

i get this too. people give me 1 star ratings on the forum and then send me angry emails because it didn't provide an unlock code for their blackberry or some other totally unrelated device. :mellow:

I am on O2, but I came back to Souh Africa for a holiday and have realised that my phone is locked. I tried the download and checked on the website and received the same code but it just wont work. Anyone have any idea's? I am desperate, please help.

Thanks

Guest Arr Too

You've got a San Francisco (or other Blade model), right? If so, the usual problem is that you've protected your SIM with your own PIN (4 digits) and the phone prompts for that first. It will request "SIM network unlock PIN" when it wants the 8 digit unlocking code.

• 4 weeks later...