16GB SD cards that definitely work

Guest stanno

Guest RussellS
I use a lot of microSD cards and I've always used Sandisk (I have a 16GB in my SF) without any issues. I just bout a couple of Kingston cards for a friends M3i and they really suck (so slow that they almost don't work). I was in your situation where I couldn't really send them back as they would work with some devices. I will always stick to what I know works in future.

That's another endorsement for the Sandisk card.

i'm gonna return my blade and get another one, since there is no official word that it is indeed a compatibility issue with all the blades... noone can tell if there is an issue with the blades or some of us are just unlucky to get a damaged device...

i'm gonna return my blade and get another one, since there is no official word that it is indeed a compatibility issue with all the blades... noone can tell if there is an issue with the blades or some of us are just unlucky to get a damaged device...

Good luck with that. I'm not sure you will have any more luck with a new Blade as they pretty much all seem to be fussy about what card is used. Surely you'd be better off finding a card that works than a phone that works, no?

All the cards below have worked without any problems in other devices (other phones, PSP, GPS)

16GB Sandisk Class 2 - unable to mount in ClockworkMod Recovery

16GB Sandisk Class 2 #2 - mounts and allows data to be copied but within 1 or 2 days corrupts data (e.g. MD5 fails on ClockworkModRecovery), after this it wont read in Windows - CRC errors on files. Works again for a while in phone after reformat.

16GB Integral Class 4 - won't mount

16GB DaneElec Class 4 - won't mount

8GB 'generic' class 4 - won't mount

8GB 'generic' class 4 - mounts but then SD card removed message once phone started

2GB Verbatim supplied with phone - no problems!

Maybe time to look for a larger Verbatim card...

Update - 8GB Transcend currently in and working multiple CMR backups done and 8GB + of data copied back and forth - first non 'stock' card to work for more than few hours.

Guest DJ PIGG
32 gb anyone?

Yeah, Orange's website claim the phone can take "external memory up to 32GB" and yet the manual supplied with the phone says it can only take upto 8GB. That's a big difference!

One of the reasons I chose the OSF was because of its 32GB capacity. I'll be really annoyed if I can't (at least) get 16GB into it.

Guest insurgente

as others have got a 16gb Sandisk from play.com, I believe I got the same one from amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-16GB-micro...5962&sr=8-1

Just got mine and it also has a '4' written on it...though I haven't done anything to ascertain how fast it is... It came from a seller rather than direct from Amazon, i ''frustration free'' packaging but I'd hope Amazon would only use reputable sellers....... it seems to work so far. so happy

Guest kyrotec

Same card i got from Play.

Tried with r8 MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM and Japanese Jellyfish RLS7 (A2SD) with no problems! ;)

I'm in an awkward position now. I've just received the 16gb Sandisk class 2 card from Play.com but when I look at the card itself (visible through the packaging) it is actually a class 4 card.

SandiskMemoryCard.jpg

Guest Michaël

i just received a sandisk 16gb class 2 from mymemory.co.uk and it does not work

what a bummer!

i´m thinking of sending it back! what should i buy?

Guest Michaël
16GB SAN DISK MICRO SD HC 16 GB SDHC MEMORY CARD TF UK

Its a class 2 card

Bought it off EBay (UK). £18.99 inc p+p. Slipped it in the Blade formatted it and it works fine. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/16GB-SAN-DISK-MICRO-...=item3f05c387d4

well mine from mymemory.co.uk looks the same from the picture is yours just like the picture cause mine doesn't work

Guest redbaron51
well mine from mymemory.co.uk looks the same from the picture is yours just like the picture cause mine doesn't work

I think it is the same model as the one I bought from play: Sandisk 16Gb Class2 and it works fine on my SanFran.

Isn't it recognised on device manager?

it just says card missing/unknow format would you like to format i say yes and nothing happens

try formatting from clockwork.

My play.com card would not format under android but did under clockwork and works fine now

Guest Michaël
try formatting from clockwork.

My play.com card would not format under android but did under clockwork and works fine now

i just tried that and it say that it can´t mount the sd card skipping format

another thing that i just realized the sd card gets a little hot is this normal

Guest Steveharr
I've recently moved on from the stock B05 ROM to Japanese Jellyfish 3b and now 4. My Play.com Class 4 16GB card is still working perfectly with the new ROMs, and of course I had no problem copying the ROMs over to the phone via USB in the first place. No problem with Nandroid backups either.

The way the reports are coming in for a wide variety of cards I would draw the conclusion that there is some sort of problem with contact reliability between the phone and the card. I find it difficult to believe that so many cards are duff from so many different manufacturers. Also, given that there are few/no complaints about the phone when used with the original card I struggle to see what other cause there might be for these problems. My guess is a badly seated card.

I have problems with my original card so I don't think this statement is true.

not a 16gb related post but....i couldn't be bothered to take any chances and wanted something 100% reliable. if you can make do with 8gb, the samsung 'micro sdhc plus' class 6 model (grey card - shock, magnet proof etc) is super solid and fast in this phone. using one in both OLED and TFT variants.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Micro-Spee...0122&sr=1-6

Edited by Hanks6

Guest netdudeuk
MyMemory refunded me for my Kingston 16GB class 4 today with no trouble. Good for them. Ordered a Sandisk 16GB from Play. Will report back.

Arrived today and works in my phone ;)

Class 4.