[ROM] 31/Dec r0.3: de-softened ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404

About RELEASE

This ROM is a vanity project for me, its really just something to play with, In no way should it be considered something to use as a primary device.

This ROM is based on the Softbank 003Z V1.0.0B15 ROM shipped the current device, all the Softbank Branding has been removed, and any applications modified have been replaced with the AOSP versions. The aim is to revert the device to as close to AOSP as possible.

Features

• Based on the P729JV1.0.0B15 ROM
  • Removed all Softbank Branding.
  • Removed most test Apps, programs & data left over during vendor 'testing/development'.
  • Removed some ZTE applications.
  • Removed Live Wallpapers.
  • Removed Google Pinyin IME Keyboard.
  • Reverted to standard Android boot animation.
  • Reverted to standard Android wall papers.
  • Reverted to standard Android Browser application.
  • Fixed default homescreen layout.
  • Updated Google Maps and Street View.
  • Updated Google Market Application.
  • Added Google Talk.
  • Added Google Voice.
  • Added Google Books.
  • Added Google Deskclock.
  • Added Google Car Home.
  • Added international APN list.
  • Added ChainsDD' SuperUser Application.

Please see next post below this one for the changes in each release.

Downloads
    • r0.3_update_de_softened_blade_signed.zip - MD5: 0f8b27589de69433c3089470bef53f30
    • r0.3_update_de-softened_kernel_update_blade_signed.zip - MD5: fdb72f6769693a658b17c8e3c9d72d36
      ClockworkMod recovery.

Installation

CAUTION: This update will wipe your userdata during installation, back it up if you want to keep it.

Install this ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery:
      • Download the update zip above and copy to your SD card.
      • Restart your device in recovery mode (turn on your device with 'Volume Down' held).
      • Use the recovery menu to apply the update file.

This ROM should work with all models of the ZTE Blade.

Upgrading

A wipe is required to use this ROM regardless of which ROM you have been using previously.

Reverting to stock

A stock ROM image for most devices can be found in this topic.

Known Issues fixed using Kernel update

• Using a BETA 2.6.32.9 kernel
        • LEDS on Home and Menu keys none functional
        • no support for 5MP cameras
        • Known Issues

[*]Due to the nature of this firmware, some users have problems connecting to 3G, there is currently no known fix

[*]unregistered ro.build.fingerprint means you cant download SOME apps from the market place

Future development

[*]Development and support for this ROM has been discontinued, please upgrade to the latest version of de-Crossed.

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404

Change log:

• r0.3
    • added:
        com.android.cardock (2.2)
        com.google.android.carhome (2.2.1)
        com.android.deskclock (1.6)
        com.android.wallpaper (2.2)
        com.android.wallpaper.livepicker(2.2)

• replaced:
          com.android.phone (2.2)
          com.android.settings (2.2)
          com.android.providers.settings (2.2)
          zte.com.cn.fmradio (1.0)

• removed:
            com.android.globaltime

[*]r0.2

[*]added:

[*]com.android.mms (2.2)

[*]com.google.android.apps.books (v1.0.16)

[*]com.google.android.apps.googlevoice (v0.4.2.13)

[*]com.google.android.apps.mymaps (1.1.6)

[*]com.google.android.gm (2.3.2)

[*]com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox (1.1.2.64376)

[*]com.google.android.voicesearch (2.1.1)

[*]upgraded:

[*]com.android.launcher (2.2)

[*]com.android.vending (2.2.7)

[*]com.google.android.apps.maps (5.0.0)

[*]com.google.android.youtube (2.1.6)

[*]updated/added all Google apps

[*]removed built in contacts

[*]updated APN list.

[*]update busybox.

[*]added test applications

[*]reverted launcher to stock wallpaper & layout

[*]added MMS application

[*]removed built in bookmarks from Browser

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404
Any reason why the fingerprint from either Paul's / flibblesan's roms can't be used?

erm... I dunno, can either of those ROMS download the region locked stuff from the market place?

Guest swordtail
erm... I dunno, can either of those ROMS download the region locked stuff from the market place?

Been watching the development of this release but didn't want to interrupt all the work being done by you guys but I'll ask now that it's been posted.Does the FM Radio work now or are we still stalled on the use of it on 2.2?

Guest Sebastian404
Been watching the development of this release but didn't want to interrupt all the work being done by you guys but I'll ask now that it's been posted.Does the FM Radio work now or are we still stalled on the use of it on 2.2?

to be honest... I deleted that out of habbit....

but I installed and gave it a go.....

got about a second of static, and then nothing.....

Am I right in thinking tho that the FM frequences used in japan are going to be different to the ones used in Europe? I've NEVER tried the FM radio before so I have no idea if this is right or not... I assume not.

Guest swordtail
to be honest... I deleted that out of habbit....

but I installed and gave it a go.....

got about a second of static, and then nothing.....

Am I right in thinking tho that the FM frequences used in japan are going to be different to the ones used in Europe? I've NEVER tried the FM radio before so I have no idea if this is right or not... I assume not.

Not sure on that,shame the radio still don't work it's one of the major reasons for not going fully onto 2.2 and I switch between 2.1 and 2.2 when I need the Radio which is a PITA anyway thanks for all the work you and the others have put into this wish I could help but all this coding stuff is beyond me I'm afraid :(

Speaking of the fm radio, there is a difference in frequecies between Europe and America so I assume there can be difference with Japan (or all of the Asia region) also. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Guest kheegong
Speaking of the fm radio, there is a difference in frequecies between Europe and America so I assume there can be difference with Japan (or all of the Asia region) also. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Japan uses lower frequencies (76-90 iirc) which meant I could only listen to Radio 2 when I first got my Japanese import car.

Guest shoobirdy

I've downloaded it and installed it.

Haven't come across any problems with it at all so far :(

I've gone back to my backup rom currently as I miss the wifi tethering and live wallpapers, but I have to say that the performance of this so far is blistering. The touch response seems much faster and I didn't come across many system "hangs" like I normally do. I also felt as though the browser was significantly quicker although maybe it's because I'm tired!

Definitely going to watch the development of this rom. I'm not a developer and basically have no idea about half of what you guys go on about (lol) but as a user I'm really excited about this development.

I've come from the iphone community and have always felt that Android felt a bit clunky (maybe I'm wrong but it was just from my experience) but with this is felt really smooth.

Anyway enough babble, just thought i'd share my impressions.

Thanks to all those who are working on this and making it possible...really really superb work ;)

Guest ptdborth
No, it is used with the original sim card it is sold with, so it is locked to TMobile Hungary and the sim card is too.

This rom won't work then, check the known issues. Paul

Guest deusum86
No support of LED means what, this ROM won't work with OLED version of ZTE Blade? Sorry if I sound stupid.

Oh man.... cmon.... If there is written in BIG Letters.... [OLED + TFT] as the topic-title... do you think it will work with OLED?...

Here is the answer;-)