[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest JMRoque
the animation is in /system/media/bootanimation.zip

That is the boot animation and can be changed using the command "adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local/". This I can do and after doing it, the boot animation is changed.

What I can't change is the first boot screen, the one that shows only the powering up message without the please wait. That image, as far as I've seen, is in the logo.bmp file and it's the one I can't change, or better, I change but it's allways reverted to the original one!

Mike

Guest deanhiggins2
the animation is in /system/media/bootanimation.zip

i have changed this and the new bootsrceen is coming up but the first bit with the jellyfish powering up is coming up how to get this away

Guest deanhiggins2
That is the boot animation and can be changed using the command "adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local/". This I can do and after doing it, the boot animation is changed.

What I can't change is the first boot screen, the one that shows only the powering up message without the please wait. That image, as far as I've seen, is in the logo.bmp file and it's the one I can't change, or better, I change but it's allways reverted to the original one!

Mike

i have the same

Guest rayraven
The stock Gingerbread theme is like that so that's the way the initial release is going to be :(

Also already planned the green signal bars.

Now i better stop replying to posts and start doing this!

Can we ask for a gingerbread boot animation as well?

No offence to kallt_kaffe, but the jellyfish sucks ;)

Hi.

Since yesterday I've been using this ROM. Today I've updated to release 2 and applied the patch to enable rotate on the Maps and besides the know issues with the Radio, I don't have nothing to point.

My question now is how to change the boot screen. I can change the boot animation using adb and I've tried also to change the boot screen using adb by pulling the file logo.bmp from the phone, changing it and pushing it again to the phone, but when rebooting the phone, the boot screen is allways the one from Jellyfish and not the one I've placed there! I've checked and after the push, the file is updated on the phone, but after the reboot it's reverted to the original one from Jellyfish!

Any way to change the boot screen?

Thanks,

Mike

You would have to decompile the boot.img change, logo.bmp, and then recomplie it. It's a bit of a PITA and not something I would bother with until you're happy enough and don't think you'll update to the next release.

Guest Sebastian404
Oh don't you just love ZTE's methods sometimes :(

Ah well, thanks Seb. I know i'm a pain in the ass. But it's all in aid of learning. Is there a hardware reason for the upside down screen that you know of?

I can only guess its more of a Hardware design decision.. probably to do with the shape of the screen, fitting in better upside down.... or maybe they mis-read the specs and decided to fix it in Software...

There are apparently other Android devices that are built this way, but Im not sure what they are.

Guest Arr Too
first one enable all the other codes like *983*0#

[back from tea...] You're right! They've added an extra code (over previous Froyo) with *983*205# which is... another NOP! And you need Emode.apk for most of this now, which is a lot more sensible.

Guest kallt_kaffe
its not an 'awful touchscreen driver' ... the screen is upside down... its doing its best

I don't think it's because of that but rather the cross axis confusion our dualtouch suffers from. In fact sometimes if you put both fingers down at the same time it gets confused even without trying to cross the axis. Play around in the multitouch visualizer and you'll see what I mean.

Guest kallt_kaffe
You would have to decompile the boot.img change, logo.bmp, and then recomplie it. It's a bit of a PITA and not something I would bother with until you're happy enough and don't think you'll update to the next release.

And if you decide to have a go at it, the logo.bmp must be flipped horizontally (not rotated as you would expect) and saved in the R5 G6 B5 format (Gimp can do this for you). Size should be 768070 bytes. As it happens this also exactly the format for the splash screen so a logo made for boot.img can be flashed as a splash without modification.

And if you decide to have a go at it, the logo.bmp must be flipped horizontally (not rotated as you would expect) and saved in the R5 G6 B5 format (Gimp can do this for you). Size should be 768070 bytes. As it happens this also exactly the format for the splash screen so a logo made for boot.img can be flashed as a splash without modification.

Much more specific, probably worth even more in dissuading people from the process than what I was trying to do!!

First time I went through the process I was surprised to see the image flipped or mirrored as it is.

Last thing I would hope for at this stage is people clogging up the thread with "help I screwed up my boot.img!!"

Guest jasonXXx
Hi.

Since yesterday I've been using this ROM. Today I've updated to release 2 and applied the patch to enable rotate on the Maps and besides the know issues with the Radio, I don't have nothing to point.

My question now is how to change the boot screen. I can change the boot animation using adb and I've tried also to change the boot screen using adb by pulling the file logo.bmp from the phone, changing it and pushing it again to the phone, but when rebooting the phone, the boot screen is allways the one from Jellyfish and not the one I've placed there! I've checked and after the push, the file is updated on the phone, but after the reboot it's reverted to the original one from Jellyfish!

Any way to change the boot screen?

Thanks,

Mike

check back some posts its in the boot.img.

Guest JMRoque

The part of the file size, rotation and R5 G6 B5 format I knew as before I've tried anything I've checked the files on the phone and also searched on the web. I've also seen that this file is in the boot.img and I've seen the way of "decompiling" boot.img, change the file and "compile" again, but this is a process that can cause some trouble and so I decided to give a try with adb, but didn't work! Also, as this ROM is a work in progress and will have some more updates until a final release, there is no point in change the boot.img file everytime we update the ROM and was to avoid this extra work that I've tried to replace the file directly on the phone using adb cause if it works, it will be easy to do in future upgrades of this wonderful ROM.

Regarding the Jellyfish boot screens, they don't match this ROM! A wonderfull ROM like this deserves better boot screens kallt_kafee :(

Mike

Just installed lite version. Titanium backup doesn't work. Just stays in asking root access. Screen freezes after sleep :(

(TFT,5MPx)

Very nice work so far.

edit: hmm.. installed oc addon and now Titanium backup works in some way. More testing to notice VLC S&C is now working so good. Angry Birds is also very snappy.

But kinda useless when screen freezes

Edited by Roku

Guest liamdunn

Thank you Kallt_Kaffe for an exellent rom its snappy and smooth and im happy, also thanks to Frankish for porting the gingerbread theme to the rom my phone is now complete..well.......sort of theirs still a few sniggles :( but it doesnt take anything away from the great work ;)

post-766233-1293655891_thumb.jpg

Guest Woshmistro

I've installed RLS2 Lite and there is a little issue (the same with RLS1), I can't connect to my WiFi, it is a hidden network with a WEP password, I was able to connect easily with the MoDaCo Custom Eclair ROM all I had to do was manually add the network and I was on, but it won't connect on this, it found my neighbors WiFi but not mine. Also, I use a GiffGaff SIM and the network is identified as Telefonica O2 UK Limited and the data connection is the letter H, not GiffGaff and 3G+, just curious about that, something to do with the APN i'd guess and you'd say.

Well, that's my feedback, I'll mess around with it a bit more.

Addition

Suddenly the WiFi kicked in and i'm connected!

Edited by Woshmistro