[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe , did you get my mail with a suggestion for investigating why the Softbank kernel doesn't work for us?

Using 2.1

Compile the kernel using the softbank base addesss then apply the hexedit you did to the binary and see if it boots.

If it boots then there must be something else different with the softbank kernel, maybe try some of the few other differences like config_uid_stat.

If it doesn't boot then hex compare this hacked binary with a 2.1 kernel compiled with the normal base address and see if there is another entry that needs hacking. I'm assuming 2 compiled binaries will be pretty much the same, though I guess the different base address could result in different data alignment?

Guest Phoenix Silver
Just added Revo theme to my themes thread for this rom and sebs rom.

screenshot1hx.pngscreenshot3ve.png

yessss

i was waiting for this theme :(

try this right now

but before i have a question

i have bought the fancy widget

is the theme install a non commercial version over the commercial version ???

Guest Afrodude
its because your access point settings for mobile data are incorrect, set them up correctly or disable mobile data and it wont appear again, or if you are using APN droid or any other widget/app to switch off mobile data, stop, because instead of simply unchecking the use mobile data box it sets a different and incorrect access point to prevent mobile data access and hence you get that error.

Doh! Why didn't i think of that?! Fixed it... cheers.

One more thing, The debug.sf.hw=1 causes severe artefacts, so i disabled it.

Edited by Afrodude

Guest southeastblue

This rom seems the best of all the Froyo ones I've tried, but I've come across one annoying problem with no sound when watching Catchup TV from the mobile website. Has anyone else had the same problem? Sound works fine on anything else I've tried like playing MP3 files, youtube, etc. :(

Guest fonix232

Kallt! There is a little problem :S

This ROM does not work without a SIM card, but one of my friends would like to use his phone without one. So now he can't :S Any solution?

Guest Phoenix Silver
This rom seems the best of all the Froyo ones I've tried, but I've come across one annoying problem with no sound when watching Catchup TV from the mobile website. Has anyone else had the same problem? Sound works fine on anything else I've tried like playing MP3 files, youtube, etc. :(

humm no just tried this and it works here

Guest joker16

I've installed "Extended Controls" and if you install a USB Tether "switch" on one of your homescreens and connect your Blade to your windows pc with a USB cable and press the switch, USB tethering DOES work with this ROM. (make sure data = ON)

Guest HugoQueiriga

Anyone experience the dreaded wake up lock screen issue?

If you don't know what this is I'll explain.

Have your phone running for a few hours it will go into standby, when you activate the screen and have the lock screen display, it does not accept any touch at all so you cannot unlock your phone or mute and you cannot shut down from menu as no touch is allowed.

Edited by HugoQueiriga

Guest Afrodude

Have your phone running for a few hours it will do into standby, when you activate the screen and have the lock screen on, it does not accept any touch at all so you cannot unlock your phone or mute and you cannot shut down from menu as no touch is allowed.

Had no issues waking it up this morning.

Guest Xenon0816

Have your phone running for a few hours it will do into standby, when you activate the screen and have the lock screen on, it does not accept any touch at all so you cannot unlock your phone or mute and you cannot shut down from menu as no touch is allowed.

I use this rom for 48 hours now and i didn't have any screen freezes...

Works great for me at all, the best froyo rom so far!

Guest Frankish
Doh! Why didn't i think of that?! Fixed it... cheers.

One more thing, The debug.sf.hw=1 causes severe artefacts, so i disabled it.

I haven't seen any artefacts and i have it enabled?

Guest Phoenix Silver

same thing using this rom for 48 hours

no screen freezes nor during the day nor during the night

Guest Xenon0816
yessss

i was waiting for this theme :(

try this right now

but before i have a question

i have bought the fancy widget

is the theme install a non commercial version over the commercial version ???

As far as I know the themes do not install any software... They just change the framework. Therefore you don't have to worry that your Fancy Widget will be overwritten.

To match the preview picture of the theme you would have to manually install Fancy Widget 1.3.

Hi

I have downloaded all the files need for this ROM flash. Reading the instructions it says:-

Japanese Jellyfish RLS2 TFT/OLE (2.2 Froyo) provided by kallt_kaffe - Requires phone unlocked. EXT3 A2SD, new display supprt, Gingerbread keyboard, Wifi tethering app, HW enabled and stagefright, circle battery indicator, added spare parts and titianium backup, removed CKPD-daemon. 50% AHB bus overclocking at 480 & 600MHz addon - FAT and LITE versions

But what is this EXT3 A2SD? I assume it has something to do with formatting my SD Card in EXT3 A2SD format before installation, if that is a correct assumption how do I do that please.

Guest HugoQueiriga

Do you restart your phone at least once?

My phone is never switched off at all.

Hi

I have downloaded all the files need for this ROM flash. Reading the instructions it says:-

Japanese Jellyfish RLS2 TFT/OLE (2.2 Froyo) provided by kallt_kaffe - Requires phone unlocked. EXT3 A2SD, new display supprt, Gingerbread keyboard, Wifi tethering app, HW enabled and stagefright, circle battery indicator, added spare parts and titianium backup, removed CKPD-daemon. 50% AHB bus overclocking at 480 & 600MHz addon - FAT and LITE versions

But what is this EXT3 A2SD? I assume it has something to do with formatting my SD Card in EXT3 A2SD format before installation, if that is a correct assumption how do I do that please.

The paragraph is telling you that it supports ext3 partitions on the SD card, not that it requires them. I have this ROM running fine without any ext2/3 partition on my SD card.

Guest Xenon0816
Do you restart your phone at least once?

My phone is never switched off at all.

Yes I restarted it once after flashing a new theme... I will now test the rom by not switching the phone off for some time... let's wait and see.

Guest socialworker

@hmsq82:

This ROM DOES freeze as do ALL available Froyo ROMs.

The problem is, that the freezes are extremely random, that's why a lot of people don't even realize they exist.

Many people turn their phones off at night or restart them alot, they might never experience a freeze in weeks.

I had a freeze after over 50 hours of a Froyo ROM running.

I'm pretty sure that every Blade will freeze eventually running a Froyo ROM based on the leaked chinese beta kernel.

Guest Phoenix Silver
The paragraph is telling you that it supports ext3 partitions on the SD card, not that it requires them. I have this ROM running fine without any ext2/3 partition on my SD card.

yes run fine here :(

i have a fat32 part of 1.5 gigs

and a 512 megs ext3 part

running a2sd without problems

(using clockwork 2.5.1.8 with ext3 extention from sebas)

Guest Xenon0816
@hmsq82:

This ROM DOES freeze as do ALL available Froyo ROMs.

The problem is, that the freezes are extremely random, that's why a lot of people don't even realize they exist.

Many people turn their phones off at night or restart them alot, they might never experience a freeze in weeks.

I had a freeze after over 50 hours of a Froyo ROM running.

I'm pretty sure that every Blade will freeze eventually running a Froyo ROM based on the leaked chinese beta kernel.

I was on alpha3 prebake before this rom for 3 weeks and the phone ran up to 80 hours without a single freeze... I had only one freeze straight after the flash of the rom. This was the only one.

I think the freezes are somewhat phone related, as there are people who experience a freeze every few hours.

Guest bebop68

Hi - how do I install the overclock and check it's working? Also - the fm radio works for a few seconds then cuts out?

I'm new to android, but run hackintosh so fairly familiar with *nix. Here's where I am so far:

Installed your clockworkmod 2.5.1.3+ext3 using fastboot

installed rls1 by copying the zip onto the sdcard and using clockworkmod

wiped cache and data, rebooted.

This worked fine.

Then I noticed there was an rls2, so I installed that the same way. I didn't wipe cache and data. It booted fine.

Then I put the overclock zip on the sd card and used clockworkmod to install that over the top. Again didn't wipe cache and data.

It booted, seemed a bit stuttery at first but then got back to normal. SetCPU reports the same speeds as before, with the same benchmarks. Quadrant comes out at 935.

So do I just need to wipe data and cache or how do I install the overclock addon? I've googled clockworkmod addons without success.

I also tried unzipping and merging the roms, but clockworkmod wouldn't install them once rezipped. (Where do I read about making my own roms? I want to remove the homeswitcher - it doesn't work with froyo but theres a new version that does)

Thanks for reading.

Guest PeaNut_HU

Have your phone running for a few hours it will go into standby, when you activate the screen and have the lock screen display, it does not accept any touch at all so you cannot unlock your phone or mute and you cannot shut down from menu as no touch is allowed.

I had this once, but then i use the back batton (the button on the most right under the touchscreen) and not the power button on the top to wake the phone again (waited for the screen to go black by itself), and then my screen responded. Not sure if it works for you though.

Guest liamdunn
Hi - how do I install the overclock and check it's working? Also - the fm radio works for a few seconds then cuts out?

I'm new to android, but run hackintosh so fairly familiar with *nix. Here's where I am so far:

Installed your clockworkmod 2.5.1.3+ext3 using fastboot

installed rls1 by copying the zip onto the sdcard and using clockworkmod

wiped cache and data, rebooted.

This worked fine.

Then I noticed there was an rls2, so I installed that the same way. I didn't wipe cache and data. It booted fine.

Then I put the overclock zip on the sd card and used clockworkmod to install that over the top. Again didn't wipe cache and data.

It booted, seemed a bit stuttery at first but then got back to normal. SetCPU reports the same speeds as before, with the same benchmarks. Quadrant comes out at 935.

So do I just need to wipe data and cache or how do I install the overclock addon? I've googled clockworkmod addons without success.

I also tried unzipping and merging the roms, but clockworkmod wouldn't install them once rezipped. (Where do I read about making my own roms? I want to remove the homeswitcher - it doesn't work with froyo but theres a new version that does)

Thanks for reading.

this isnt for overclocking the CPU