[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Rotmann
@hmsq82:

This ROM DOES freeze as do ALL available Froyo ROMs.

The problem is, that the freezes are extremely random, that's why a lot of people don't even realize they exist.

Many people turn their phones off at night or restart them alot, they might never experience a freeze in weeks.

I had a freeze after over 50 hours of a Froyo ROM running.

I'm pretty sure that every Blade will freeze eventually running a Froyo ROM based on the leaked chinese beta kernel.

all the Froyo roms have the same problem their pretty much built off of one thing just customized to the devs liking

No one reported screen freezes on Sebastian404's Froyo ROM, I have been using since he uploaded it, no screen freeze on three phones so far (mine, my wife's and my best friend's SanFran). The phones are online since the first flash. Also for a comparison, with HW_UI and Stagefright enabled I get aroud 1000 Ponts with all the programs in memory and Wi-FI or 3G activated, no OC needed :(

Edited by Rotmann

Guest AlphaVision
humm found a bug

navigation in car mode doesn't work :(

just say verifying navigation ........

This is not JJ bug. I had the same error with paul's alpha3 prebake. The gps icon flashes couple of times, than stays static like gps satellites have locked in, but then it stops and the whole process starts again, right?

Guest Phoenix Silver
This is not JJ bug. I had the same error with paul's alpha3 prebake. The gps icon flashes couple of times, than stays static like gps satellites have locked in, but then it stops and the whole process starts again, right?

i have found just select another function (like choose a destination) and all works perfectly after that

vocal control works say me turn at right in street blabla

Thanks for this great rom (Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS2_lite), been using it for a whole day now and everything feel bit faster coming from Paul 2.2 alpha r3. Hopefully a stable 2.2 will come soon to get rid of that bug regarding the frozen touchscreen.

What lock screen is this ROM using, the standard or the chinese like at Paul's ROM?

This rom is using the standard android lockscreen.

Guest Andyroid
I wiil be watching how it goes

Let it boot before you install the overclock

Watch no more ;)

All went swimmingly once I replaced the jelly addon for the jelly r2 proper, the size should have set alarm bells going but I never gave it a thought, I had it in my head I was installing the Jelly 2 with HW Acceleration tweeks included and put that bit out of my head.

Anyway, like I said all went well, ditto with the HW Acc addon, topped it off by throwing on a theme from Frankish.

I ran Quadrant at three stages, before, middle and end...results as below

Pauls MCR r3 2.1 338

Jellyfish_RLS2 install 913

Jellyfish_RLS2_ahb_overclocked Applied 998

The initial quadrant score as good as tripled, she'll do for me.

I've noticed no anomalies as yet, apart from a better signal, well more bars to be precise, whether that truly is equating to a better reception time will tell through use.

Here endeth my feedback.

Thanks to StevenHarper for the written 'how to'

Thanks to kallt_kaffe for the Jelly r2 rom

Thanks to Frankish for the Theme

..and not forgetting the fellas that showed me the error of my ways, cheers :(

ps

Btw I used the latest version recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.8-blade it was fine

Edited by Andyroid

Guest 90180360
And if you decide to have a go at it, the logo.bmp must be flipped horizontally (not rotated as you would expect) and saved in the R5 G6 B5 format (Gimp can do this for you). Size should be 768070 bytes. As it happens this also exactly the format for the splash screen so a logo made for boot.img can be flashed as a splash without modification.

:(

Great release, but is there any chance that looking at the jellyfish splash could be made optional in the future?

Watch no more ;)

All went swimmingly once I replaced the jelly addon for the jelly r2 proper, the size should have set alarm bells going but I never gave it a thought, I had it in my head I was installing the Jelly 2 with HW Acceleration tweeks included and put that bit out of my head.

Anyway, like I said all went well, ditto with the HW Acc addon, topped it off by throwing on a theme from Frankish.

I ran Quadrant at three stages, before, middle and end...results as below

Pauls MCR r3 2.1 338

Jellyfish_RLS2 install 913

Jellyfish_RLS2_ahb_overclocked Applied 998

The initial quadrant score as good as tripled, she'll do for me.

I've noticed no anomalies as yet, apart from a better signal, well more bars to be precise, whether that truly is equating to a better reception time will tell through use.

Here endeth my feedback.

Thanks to StevenHarper for the written 'how to'

Thanks to Frankish for the Theme

..and not forgetting the fellas that showed me the error of my ways, cheers :(

ps

Btw I used the latest version recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.8-blade it was fine

how do some people manage to get a benchmark of over 1000 on Jap Jellyfish? Is there some kind of extra tweeks they have done and they cooked their own ROMS?

Guest Buchtis

Quick question, how do I install the overclocking thing as well? I'm installing the Lite version of this as we speak, is it the same process (update.zip)?

Thanks. :(

Guest cartierv
how do some people manage to get a benchmark of over 1000 on Jap Jellyfish? Is there some kind of extra tweeks they have done and they cooked their own ROMS?

I don't know and really looking forward to trying this rom myself. Hope the LEDs get fixed sometime.

But uh, I just wonder and this is just my ignorant proposition. But the stock rom idles between 17-25 % CPU. That always looked awfully high to me for a Unix system. OS X can truly idle at less than 1 %

I don't know how much is actually going on to support telephony and wifi and stuff, but I really would have imagined that would be handled more by dedicated chip not the cpu having to think about it. It suggests, and I'm not any kind of expert on android, but it suggest some crummy loops and massive and fundamental waste of cpu going on all the time doing absolutely nothing due to some system component or the kernel itself.

To some greater or lesser extent, doing something fairly trivial and unconnected (changing some arbitrary setting) could lessen those wasted cycles.

Guest Andyroid
Quick question, how do I install the overclocking thing as well? I'm installing the Lite version of this as we speak, is it the same process (update.zip)?

Thanks. :(

Read the SteveHarper how to guide, all your answers are there, its a sticky on the zte blade main page Buchtis

Guest WillDroid

I have to agree with 90180360 in that I really don't like the jellyfish splash. It looks like it was made in MS paint! Other than the splash, the ROM is fantastic, and very snappy. Thank you very much for making this fine rom!

Guest Andyroid
I have to agree with 90180360 in that I really don't like the jellyfish splash.

Make that 3, I developed a hate for it earlier, I associate it with grief, no kidding lol

I don't know and really looking forward to trying this rom myself. Hope the LEDs get fixed sometime.

But uh, I just wonder and this is just my ignorant proposition. But the stock rom idles between 17-25 % CPU. That always looked awfully high to me for a Unix system. OS X can truly idle at less than 1 %

I don't know how much is actually going on to support telephony and wifi and stuff, but I really would have imagined that would be handled more by dedicated chip not the cpu having to think about it. It suggests, and I'm not any kind of expert on android, but it suggest some crummy loops and massive and fundamental waste of cpu going on all the time doing absolutely nothing due to some system component or the kernel itself.

To some greater or lesser extent, doing something fairly trivial and unconnected (changing some arbitrary setting) could lessen those wasted cycles.

how did you measure that idle cpu usage value?

Guest cartierv
how did you measure that idle cpu usage value?

Using my special CPU idle measuring tongs which I clip to the motherboard :(

Seriously, just the Task manager as rapidapp said.

On OS X there is activity monitor...

I imagine both are a call to $top

Guest targetbsp

if you use a task manager app that shows the cpu time of individual tasks (try taskmanager on the market) - you'll see it's the task managers themselves using the cpu time. :( Android itself uses bugger all when it's idle.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest rayraven

@kallt_kaffe,

It might be too much to ask, but anychance we could get an zip file with just the updates?

So, i dont have to flash the whole rom again and get the apps i dont need? [i know, i know, i can just remove them from the zip file before flashing, but doesnt hurt to ask ;)]

also, i dont have to wipe date before updating from RLS2 to RLS3 right?

P.S: Thanks a lot for the rom and wish you a happy new year :(

Edited by rayraven

Guest liamdunn
RLS3 in first post! Have fun and a Happy New Year!

sweeeeet as a nuns first sexual experience with a raunchy monk

happy to have native hotspot back, my laptop didnt like connecting to my phone using the tether one so thanks for that one kallt :(

Edited by liamdunn