[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Phoenix Silver
I'm confused about the overclock. It states that it enables the CPU to run at 600mhz - but isnt the SF CPU a Qualcomm MSM7227 which is clocked @ 600MHz anyway??

it overclock the bus not the CPU

Guest jurrasstoil
I'm confused about the overclock. It states that it enables the CPU to run at 600mhz - but isnt the SF CPU a Qualcomm MSM7227 which is clocked @ 600MHz anyway??

no, when the cpu runs with 480Mhz or 600Mhz it will overclock the AHB by 50%. It still uses the default states and clockspeeds for the CPU.

Edited by jurrasstoil

Guest bebop68
Themes replace the framework - he has hacked the framework in order to enable new features so until themes are updated to use the new hacked framework, applying a theme will undo his changes since it will replace the framework with an unhacked one.

Ah i see. So don't install themes, or put that file in the theme before installing. Cheers

Guest muluman

Woooo I managed to install RLS3 on top of my previous RLS2 without having to wipe anything and all seems good :( . Although there haven't been any problems so far, are there any risks involved in doing this, apart from the repetitive boot failure?

Guest carlosac

Hello, i will put again a noob question ;) Am i doing this right to have overclocked AHB (A) ?

A

1) Put both zips on SD

2) Reboot phone to recovery

3) Flash ROM zip

4) Flash OC zip

5) Reboot

6) DONE

or i have to do

B

1) Put both zips on SD

3) Flash ROM zip

4) Reboot

5) Reboot to recovery

6) Flash OC zip

7) Reboot

8) Done

Thank you for answer :(

Guest IronDoc
Hello, i will put again a noob question ;) Am i doing this right to have overclocked AHB (A) ?

A

1) Put both zips on SD

3) Flash ROM zip

4) Flash OC zip

5) Reboot

6) DONE

or i have to do

B

1) Put both zips on SD

3) Flash ROM zip

4) Reboot

5) Reboot to recovery

6) Flash OC zip

7) Reboot

8) Done

Thank you for answer :(

B, some people have said A gives problems.

Guest SWOriginal
How do i add/change the APN so giffgaff shows as giffgaff and not "Telifonica 02 UK Limited" ?

Also how comes the APN's are locked and *out? if it just said 02 that wouldnt bother much, help?

ps: ive tried replacing the apn-conf.xml in /ect but that done nothing

Guest liamdunn
Damn you kallt! Right on New Year :(

Party tonight. Themes will be updated to support rls3 by Sunday night. Sorry for the wait guys...

Probably why he pushed the update for today so he could go out and get drunk for the next week without havin everyone on his ass about another update ;)

Guest shastar
Also how comes the APN's are locked and *out? if it just said 02 that wouldnt bother much, help?

ps: ive tried replacing the apn-conf.xml in /ect but that done nothing

Use APN Backup & Restore on the market...Use that toll to delete APN,,You can backup after you made your changes to be handy in future...backup's will be stored on sdcard....

Its a good tool...its the simplest way to go....

Guest nvidiax
you sure you didnt get lucky with that Neocore of 40.8 lol cos i can only seem to achive between 37-38, and thats with the clock

I usually always have a score in the 39's first time over 40.

Jellyfish got missing after a tragic misunderstanding at a sushi bar and have been replaced with green android and nexus bootanimation.

Nooo anything but that innocent jellyfish :(

Thanks for the update Kallt_kaffe, will install later today. Looking forward to your updated themes Frankish.

Happy New Year to you all.

Guest SWOriginal
Use APN Backup & Restore on the market...Use that toll to delete APN,,You can backup after you made your changes to be handy in future...backup's will be stored on sdcard....

Its a good tool...its the simplest way to go....

To be clear, the settings are working perfectly its just that the notification bar, lockscreen are showing "Telefonica 02 UK Limited" instead off "giffgaff" so APN Backup & Restore cannot & do not fix this problem :(

Guest bebop68

i'm on an orange tft, with cwm 2.5.1.8 and rls3 and rls3 oc. The benches seem the same as before I installed the ahb oc. Is this right? Quadrant 935, neocomm 37..

Guest kallt_kaffe
To be clear, the settings are working perfectly its just that the notification bar, lockscreen are showing "Telefonica 02 UK Limited" instead off "giffgaff" so APN Backup & Restore cannot & do not fix this problem :(

Do you use apktool?

If you are, then to this:

- Unpack both framework-res.apk into the same folder, rename "mine" to framework-res-jj.apk

- Disassemble both frameworks:

apktool d framework-res.apk

apktool d framework-res-jj.apk

- Copy framework-res-jj\res\values\arrays.xml to framework-res\res\values\arrays.xml

- Recompile "your" framework-res:

apktool b framework-res

- Open your original framework-res.apk with WinRAR.

- Copy framework-res\build\apk\resources.rsc to your original framework-res.apk, choose "Store" and verify that size and compressed size is the same when you are done.

- Done. No need to resign anything.

installed this rom buh im finding that the battery drains fast. everytime i lock the phone even after 20mins i can reactivate the screen using the home key, does that mean the phones not going to sleep properly?

Guest 90180360
Go to my theme thread. Apply stock theme.

Thanks. But is there any possibility to change JUST the battery indicator?

Maybe I'm the only one with OCD, but the constant blinking is driving me insane.

Guest SWOriginal
Do you use apktool?

If you are, then to this:

- Unpack both framework-res.apk into the same folder, rename "mine" to framework-res-jj.apk

- Disassemble both frameworks:

apktool d framework-res.apk

apktool d framework-res-jj.apk

- Copy framework-res-jj\res\values\arrays.xml to framework-res\res\values\arrays.xml

- Recompile "your" framework-res:

apktool b framework-res

- Open your original framework-res.apk with WinRAR.

- Copy framework-res\build\apk\resources.rsc to your original framework-res.apk, choose "Store" and verify that size and compressed size is the same when you are done.

- Done. No need to resign anything.

thanks but i currently only have a linux machine by me & and every archive manager on linux ive tried compresses the data,

could you not fix the APN issue for R4?