[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

I have also just gone from RLS2 to RLS3 successfully without having to wipe any data but initially had some trouble with the WIFI not connecting. Another restart of the phone seemed to cure this.

when i tried without wiping mine got stuck on the boot loop, did you make any changes to the .zip before updating?

Guest SWOriginal

MAJOR BUG: Theres an issue with some mp3s not playing, restarting/skipping just before it starts playing

if i remember correctly there was also a bug in another rom and im sure flibblesan found a fix(correct me if im wrong), slightly annoying as a few of my albums wont work and some games are also affected (NFS:Shift).

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest Afrodude
MAJOR BUG: Theres an issue with some mp3s not playing, restarting/skipping just before it starts playing

Just played through my collection using WinAMP, no issue here.

Guest Andyroid
Watch no more B)

All went swimmingly once I replaced the jelly addon for the jelly r2 proper, the size should have set alarm bells going but I never gave it a thought, I had it in my head I was installing the Jelly 2 with HW Acceleration tweeks included and put that bit out of my head.

Anyway, like I said all went well, ditto with the HW Acc addon, topped it off by throwing on a theme from Frankish.

I ran Quadrant at three stages, before, middle and end...results as below

Pauls MCR r3 2.1 338

Jellyfish_RLS2 install 913

Jellyfish_RLS2_ahb_overclocked Applied 998

The initial quadrant score as good as tripled, she'll do for me.

I've noticed no anomalies as yet, apart from a better signal, well more bars to be precise, whether that truly is equating to a better reception time will tell through use.

Here endeth my feedback.

Thanks to StevenHarper for the written 'how to'

Thanks to kallt_kaffe for the Jelly r2 rom

Thanks to Frankish for the Theme

..and not forgetting the fellas that showed me the error of my ways, cheers :unsure:

ps

Btw I used the latest version recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.8-blade it was fine

Quite impressed, its a lot faster and I've experienced no locks/freezes or the likes, very smooth, loving the green on black notification bar and the circular Batt Stat icon.

I loaded the r3 Jelly onto the wifes and tbh between the 2 SF's one on the jellyr2 and one on the Jellyr3, and both clocked, quadrant scores are similar, averaging over the 1000.

I've since encountered a problem, bit of a pain but by no means dulls the smile I'm getting from this rom. Signed into m.tvcatchup.com, picture was gr8, sound was non existent (worked fine on the mrc r3 2.1), checked sound settings and all were fine, fired up youtube, video and sound were spot on, fired up tvcatchup again and still no sound. By way of elimination I thought I'd give tvcatchup a go on the wifes jelly r3 but it was no different, gr8 pic but no sound.

Any clues/pointers I'm all ears.

Happy New Year to the community.

Guest Simon O

if i remember correctly there was also a bug in another rom and im sure flibblesan found a fix(correct me if im wrong), slightly annoying as a few of my albums wont work and some games are also affected (NFS:Shift).

I've since encountered a problem, bit of a pain but by no means dulls the smile I'm getting from this rom. Signed into m.tvcatchup.com, picture was gr8, sound was non existent (worked fine on the mrc r3 2.1), checked sound settings and all were fine, fired up youtube, video and sound were spot on, fired up tvcatchup again and still no sound. By way of elimination I thought I'd give tvcatchup a go on the wifes jelly r3 but it was no different, gr8 pic but no sound.

Both of these issues are caused by the same bug. Pretty easy to fix though.

You need to delete two lib files from /system/lib which are libOmxAacDec.so and libOmxMp3Dec.so. This will force Android to use alternative libs for decoding mp3 and aac audio which work much better.

Guest SWOriginal

You need to delete two lib files from /system/lib which are libOmxAacDec.so and libOmxMp3Dec.so. This will force Android to use alternative libs for decoding mp3 and aac audio which work much better.

There's only libOmxAacEnc.so & libOmx-aacdec-sharedlibrary.so in this rom, the mp3.so was there tho :unsure:

Edit: think it was there but I removed it lol... well I removed something B)

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest kallt_kaffe

I'll remove them and upload RLS3b ASAP. Must have had a major brain shortcut this morning because I also placed the new Settings.apk and SettingsProvider.apk in /system/framework which means RLS3 does NOT have tethering and AGPS menus enabled. EDIT: Uploading RLS3b right now, will take another 15 minutes or so. Propably not done until next year (Swedish time) :unsure:

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest Treacles

Is there anyway i can get the "Filer" app on here from the modaco roms? I tried extracting it from them and using APKInstaller but it failed, as did trying to do it through Clockwork :S

Failing that though, is there another application thats simple like that? Just a list on a black background, rather then hundreds of uneeded options everywhere

came from seb's r7: de-orangeated ROM

locked up on rls3 on boot,yes did a data clear etc.

tried jelly rls2 all working fine many thanks

any ideas why it now says telefonica o2 uk ltd?still getting free calls on giffgaff so it's working

Guest liamdunn
came from seb's r7: de-orangeated ROM

locked up on rls3 on boot,yes did a data clear etc.

tried jelly rls2 all working fine many thanks

any ideas why it now says telefonica o2 uk ltd?still getting free calls on giffgaff so it's working

theirs an earlier post on how to change this but why bother its not getting in the way of anything, giffgaff runs on the o2 network thats why it comes up with o2 telefonica

I'll remove them and upload RLS3b ASAP. Must have had a major brain shortcut this morning because I also placed the new Settings.apk and SettingsProvider.apk in /system/framework which means RLS3 does NOT have tethering and AGPS menus enabled. EDIT: Uploading RLS3b right now, will take another 15 minutes or so. Propably not done until next year (Swedish time) B)

Thanks for the great ROM. Flashed RLS3. Dont want to flash RLS3b again. I deleted libOmxAacDec.so and libOmxMp3Dec.so from /system/lib/. Can you please tell us where to place Settings.apk and SettingsProvider.apk? Since that would save the trouble of reflashing? Or can that even be done without Android fc'ing all over the place?

And btw Happy New Year. :unsure:

Guest Simon O

That's correct. Virtual networks like GiffGaff usually show the name of the parent network unless the phone has been programmed to recognise the virtual name. GiffGaff is owned by O2 anyway so in a way it's correct for it to be showing O2.

Thanks for the great ROM. Flashed RLS3. Dont want to flash RLS3b again. I deleted libOmxAacDec.so and libOmxMp3Dec.so from /system/lib/. Can you please tell us where to place Settings.apk and SettingsProvider.apk? Since that would save the trouble of reflashing? Or can that even be done without Android fc'ing all over the place?

Place the two files into /system/app/

Edited by flibblesan

theirs an earlier post on how to change this but why bother its not getting in the way of anything, giffgaff runs on the o2 network thats why it comes up with o2 telefonica

thanks

That's correct. Virtual networks like GiffGaff usually show the name of the parent network unless the phone has been programmed to recognise the virtual name. GiffGaff is owned by O2 anyway so in a way it's correct for it to be showing O2.

Place the two files into /system/app/

great explaination

i will leave it like that,got a gig at brixton shortly and you jump the queue if your on o2

Guest css771
maybe its just me but i had tethering and AGPS stuff in settings menu, anyway downloading the new filez.

So did I. And also, settings.apk and settingsproviders.apk were already present in /system/app/. but I went ahead and replaced them with the ones from /system/framework/. I'm not sure what to make of this.

Guest orangeman2003

does anyone else notice less data signal when using this rom compared to others?

i always get 3g+ on my bladevillan rom "latest" but when flashing this rom i only seem to get H and hardly ever 3G?

btw before anyone asks yes this is via testing in the same area of my room "my desk"

Edited by orangeman2003