[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe
Why cannot we use the 003Z kernel? It seems to be exactly the same hardware. (5mpix camera, TFT screen)

I asked the same question yesterday but it got ignored. What's the problem with 003Z kernel?

I just doesn't work... It won't boot, not even far enough to put up the boot logo. I wish it did and I've spent several hours trying to make it boot but it does not.

Guest kallt_kaffe
@kallt_kaffe,

Anyway to disable that annoying popup when dialing calls that asks me if the call is to Japan?

Hate to keep asking but its driving me crazy, i make a good number of calls and the issue persists even with third-party dialers.

Thanks

I haven't seen that one myself yet but I'll see if I can replicate it. It's propably something in Phone.apk as it is used no matter what dialer you use.

Guest hecatae

thankyou for a great release, shame /system was read only, had to remount and chmod 755 /system to remove CKPD-daemon from /system/bin to fix the cpu usage issue

notice updates via sd card are enabled under system settings, can I upgrade to RLS2 this way or will I have to use CWM?

Guest rayraven
I haven't seen that one myself yet but I'll see if I can replicate it. It's propably something in Phone.apk as it is used no matter what dialer you use.

Cheers mate :(

Also, would be nice if we could upgrade to future releases instead of flashing a whole rom, like pointed by hecatae.

Thanks.

Guest heavyduty00

is this a same sort of rom like pauls froyo alpha rom?

do you flash it in the same way as you would flash , say a custom 2.1 rom or ur de - orangenated rom? so, just put .zip file on sd card and go to clockworkmod menu and install from there? or do u do something else..since i dont know what kernel or adb means lol!

also does this have apps2sd already put in and its overclocked??

Thanks ( sorry I am an android noob! )

Guest Phoenix Silver
is this a same sort of rom like pauls froyo alpha rom?

do you flash it in the same way as you would flash , say a custom 2.1 rom or ur de - orangenated rom? so, just put .zip file on sd card and go to clockworkmod menu and install from there? or do u do something else..since i dont know what kernel or adb means lol!

also does this have apps2sd already put in and its overclocked??

Thanks ( sorry I am an android noob! )

yes same way

not tried yet don't know

Guest kallt_kaffe
@kallt_kaffe,

Anyway to disable that annoying popup when dialing calls that asks me if the call is to Japan?

Hate to keep asking but its driving me crazy, i make a good number of calls and the issue persists even with third-party dialers.

Thanks

Try replacing Phone.apk with the attached version. While I cannot replicate the problem on my phone I think I might have been able to bypass it. The easiest way to replace it would be to replace it in the installation zip file and reinstall (it goes in /system/app).

But if you are familiar with adb you could try this:

adb remount

adb push Phone.apk /system/app/Phone.apk

adb reboot

Phone.rar

Guest kallt_kaffe
thankyou for a great release, shame /system was read only, had to remount and chmod 755 /system to remove CKPD-daemon from /system/bin to fix the cpu usage issue
What is the CKPD-daemon? I've seen it defined as a service but I do not know what purpose it has. (Yes I will google it)

notice updates via sd card are enabled under system settings, can I upgrade to RLS2 this way or will I have to use CWM?
I have no idea who to make an update that works with that so Clockwork it is...

What is the CKPD-daemon? I've seen it defined as a service but I do not know what purpose it has. (Yes I will google it)

Updates via card would be produced and signed by the manufacturer so we can't do it, I think tmobile hungary put one out to fix the memory issue, but without their private key it's not possible. it's easy enough to flash clockwork anyway

Guest oh!dougal

Wasn't that the turn-it-screen-down-to-mute thing that was constantly active and draining the battery?

Guest rayraven
Try replacing Phone.apk with the attached version. While I cannot replicate the problem on my phone I think I might have been able to bypass it. The easiest way to replace it would be to replace it in the installation zip file and reinstall (it goes in /system/app).

But if you are familiar with adb you could try this:

adb remount

adb push Phone.apk /system/app/Phone.apk

adb reboot

That's fixed it. Thanks a ton :(

Guest kallt_kaffe
Ã…re you going to release a lite version?

I was preparing one but never finished it. Perhaps for RLS2. For now, just open the zip file and remove any apps in /system/app that you do not want before installing.

Guest rayraven
Nice, I'll try to merge that change with MDCFan's USIM fix for the next release.

Any chance of getting the froyo lockscreen style when in a call? Currently i see the eclair style screen when in a call.

No biggie, but i kinda got used the lockscreen style :(

Seems to work great so far, any idea why VPN and android wifi options are missing? (Yes I've seem wifi tether, just wondered why froyo's native sharing is missing).

Guest lankyfatrick

Great wee rom you got here, loving the over clocked speed boost.

I am having one issue though, no matter what time I set the screen timeout for, it will never switch off.

e.g. 15 seconds, screen will dim at 15 seconds and then stay on indefinitely. this could potentially be a huge battery drain.

anyone have any ideas?

Guest oh!dougal
Seems to work great so far, any idea why VPN and android wifi options are missing? (Yes I've seem wifi tether, just wondered why froyo's native sharing is missing).

My guess is that Softbank (the Japanese network selling it) don't approve of tethering mobiles ... and so it has been 'customised out'.

Guest carlosac

Hello, please what i have to do to have it overclocked, i wiped data and cache, then installed Rom zip then reboot, then instal overclock zip but i only get 900 Quadrant Score.

What am i doing wrong ?

Thank you :(

Guest Sebastian404
Here we go... both fixes merged.

This might be a stupid question, but what did you.

I don't have this 'are you calling japan' option with my version.. just wondering what one of us missed?

Here we go... both fixes merged.

Hi,

I'm going to try this ROM (i'm going to download in about 10 mins) But what does this file do? Is this an additional thing I need to install to the root of my SD card and using the clockwork method unzip to my phone? Or is this merged to the main ROM file on the first page?

Thanks

Guest UbaRolfey
I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong but USB charging seems to be taking absolutely ages, it's taken about 45 minutes for the phone to charge from 49% to 53%.

I had exactly the same issue with r3, I had to flash the phone again to sort it out, I'm not sure what the actual cause was really, the battery was telling me that it was android system, but I wasn't able to even really charge at all on usb, I got it up to like half way, and then it just didn't really get much further, and it drained in about 2 hours, unusable really.

Mike

Guest hecatae

it's an AT command daemon, basically it's waiting for a response via usb to control the phone, so is constantly prompting the usb port for the next command action

Guest kallt_kaffe
This might be a stupid question, but what did you.

I don't have this 'are you calling japan' option with my version.. just wondering what one of us missed?

The USIM fix wasn't done by me and is covered elsewhere, but the Japanese call dialogue I tracked down with apktool by finding info about it in arrays.xml and then finding what .smali file used it, then I found what .smali file called the dialogue and changed it to call the same dialogue as it would do normally. There is some kind of check and if certain conditions are true the dialogue are displayed. I'm not 100% sure but I think it only shows if you are roaming. I've never seen it but the code is in Phone.apk.

I changed OutgoingCallBroadcaster$OutgoingCallReceiver.smali to look like this:

if-eqz v16, :cond_12

.line 175
const-class v16, Lcom/android/phone/InCallScreen;

move-object v0, v10

move-object/from16 v1, p1

move-object/from16 v2, v16

invoke-virtual {v0, v1, v2}, Landroid/content/Intent;->setClass(Landroid/content/Context;Ljava/lang/Class;)Landroid/content/Intent;

goto :goto_3

.line 178
:cond_12
const-class v16, Lcom/android/phone/InCallScreen;

move-object v0, v10

move-object/from16 v1, p1

move-object/from16 v2, v16

invoke-virtual {v0, v1, v2}, Landroid/content/Intent;->setClass(Landroid/content/Context;Ljava/lang/Class;)Landroid/content/Intent;

goto :goto_3[/code]

The first " const-class v16, Lcom/android/phone/InCallScreen;" was before the change a call to the code that showed the dialogue. I don't remember what it said originally but that was the only line I changed.

Edited by kallt_kaffe