[GUIDE] Theme editing and related things.

Guest Frankish

Guest biopsin

Thats what i thought too ;) this line W: Could not find sources ;isnt it a warning to?

should the framework be signed, read that system apps dont need signing..

Guest Frankish

The sources part is normal. About signing. It depends. It doesn't need signing if applying to your current rom. If its a new flash it willrefuse to boot.

<style name="TextAppearance.Widget.IconMenu.Item" parent="@style/TextAppearance.Small">

<item name="textColor">?textColorPrimaryInverse</item>

</style>
and change it to...
<style name="TextAppearance.Widget.IconMenu" parent="@style/TextAppearance.Small">

<item name="textColor">@color/bright_foreground_dark</item>

</style>
Hi Frankish, should this not be? and change it to...
<style name="TextAppearance.Widget.IconMenu.Item" parent="@style/TextAppearance.Small">

</style>

Thanks again for the guide.

Guest Frankish
Hi Frankish, should this not be?

and change it to...

</style>

Thanks again for the guide.

No. .Item is removed purposely.

No. .Item is removed purposely.

Interesting, Item is in my ports and I'm thinking also in your xml on the ones I had a look at (Could be wrong!)

It seemingly works on all my ports anyway.

Guest Frankish

Doh nevermind you're right i got confused with another line. I changed my styles.xml once and never looked at it again just use it as a template.

EDIT:

I just confused it with the Widget.Listview.Menu where i removed .Menu... I'm so thick. Fixed the first page ;)

Edited by Frankish

Doh nevermind you're right i got confused with another line. I changed my styles.xml once and never looked at it again just use it as a template.

EDIT:

I just confused it with the Widget.Listview.Menu where i removed .Menu... I'm so thick. Fixed the first page ;)

No problemo! It's easy to get mixed up in the mountain of xml. Love the new MNML btw!

Guest Frankish
No problemo! It's easy to get mixed up in the mountain of xml. Love the new MNML btw!

It really is. This time last year i was totally clueless and now i know more than half the users here so i try to share my basic knowledge. I just wish i understood smali a bit more ;) ;)

It really is. This time last year i was totally clueless and now i know more than half the users here so i try to share my basic knowledge. I just wish i understood smali a bit more :D ;)

Why? Are you traveling, they probably speak English anyway ;)

Looking sexy I like it.

Thanks,

Had to restore from a nandroid earlier, had no dialer for a bit!

If I just remake the directory structure ie system/app can I put it in a zip for anyone else who has zte dialer?

Here's the .apk you can push if you want.

com.zte.smartdialer.zip

Edited by jt_mcg

Looks easy to port themes from other CM6 hdpi devices and no services.jar changes for clock colours. Transparent pulldown's will probably need to be done the same way however. I think there's a way to change the icons in the expanded status bar power widget, but I haven't dug deep enough yet or looked at enough other themes that may be worth porting.

I'm assuming CM7 will be the same, I'm going to decompile the framework and have a look soon. We'll need to find out what Tom G signed with and we'll be in business once these are more stable although CM6 seems pretty good to me so far!!post-780581-1296839875_thumb.pngpost-780581-1296839905_thumb.png

edit: Date color changeable too, set to white now!

Edited by jt_mcg

Guest Frankish

I've done themes for CM6 for Desire before. You can even pre-set the colours in an .xml file and write the .xml files to the sdcard by adding a line to the update script. So the end user has to do nothing ;)

I've done themes for CM6 for Desire before. You can even pre-set the colours in an .xml file and write the .xml files to the sdcard by adding a line to the update script. So the end user has to do nothing ;)

I saw that too! Didn't try it yet but this is nice!

I even added the dark menus and added the images before recompiling without any errors.

From the xml I looked at it was the exact same, I'm going to try flashing one without porting to see what I mess up! (or possibly even fix!!)

I'll stay out of the real dev work until I won't embarrass myself, but we can fly through these when it comes time for that.

Thanks for the fixes and updates! If I make any progressing the other way I'll keep you informed.

I've got revolution and gb nearly ready for CM 6.1 so once Tom's ready we can make a merged thread if your interested :P

Update: I haven't had time to test but among res/values/styles.xml, res/values/colors.xml and res/colors xmls I think we could possibly set values in there and have them carried out through apps like music and other unknown apps that use the variable ?primaryinverse blah blah blah and possibly save us from changing specific apps to suit the theme and maybe some other xml declarations.

I wonder about downloadprovider, if we changed the xml to a variable it would take whatever is set the res/colors xmls?

It would seem to make things better in themes like elegant steel and others where the text isn't black or white and if we want to be perfectionists have music downloads and others unknown apps take the variable colour and match what's in status_bar xmls. It would save making extra apk's for each theme which is really too much of a pain imo.

I'll try to recompile a couple as tests later on to see if it's possible.

Edited by jt_mcg

Guest Frankish
Thanks for the fixes and updates! If I make any progressing the other way I'll keep you informed.

I've got revolution and gb nearly ready for CM 6.1 so once Tom's ready we can make a merged thread if your interested :D

Update: I haven't had time to test but among res/values/styles.xml, res/values/colors.xml and res/colors xmls I think we could possibly set values in there and have them carried out through apps like music and other unknown apps that use the variable ?primaryinverse blah blah blah and possibly save us from changing specific apps to suit the theme and maybe some other xml declarations.

I wonder about downloadprovider, if we changed the xml to a variable it would take whatever is set the res/colors xmls?

It would seem to make things better in themes like elegant steel and others where the text isn't black or white and if we want to be perfectionists have music downloads and others unknown apps take the variable colour and match what's in status_bar xmls. It would save making extra apk's for each theme which is really too much of a pain imo.

I'll try to recompile a couple as tests later on to see if it's possible.

I wish i had more time to spend on this i'll help with what i can. Baby is due 6 weeks today so i'll have zero time soon :P

I wish i had more time to spend on this i'll help with what i can. Baby is due 6 weeks today so i'll have zero time soon :P

No problem, I'll try what I can and see if it works. You enjoy your sleep while you can!!

Guest mELIANTE

Ok, been reading this because I wanted to edit seb404's mms apk to show dark background instead of white. I used apktool to decompile/compile via command line (the .bats weren't working) and after compiling the apk size is a lot smaller than the original one. Then, when I try to push it to my system the icon never shows up, it's like I don't have mms.apk in there, making me rollback to original mms.apk... I suppose it's due to the discrepancy in file sizes, maybe the compiling forgot to include something? I was like, waaaaaaa? :P

Guest Frankish

The Mms.apk needs to be named with a capital M. Otherwise 2 will exist. And the system will use Mms.apk instead of mms.apk. Try that, if it still doesn't work there may be a problem with it.

I would take an Mms.apk from another rom that uses dark background. I have been using a CyanogenMod Mms.apk since i got my blade. Always preferred the black background.