[ROM] 16/Jan r0.1: de-chinaed ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

All the roms , whatever 2.1 or 2.2,hava this bug!!!

when 2.1 install the app nearly 20m, it said installed fail. when 2.2 install the app nearly 20m, it will auto restart!

can you fix this bug?

With the ZTE Chinese ROM inside.There is a racing game, more than 20M, but can be installed properly, not all games can not be installed more than 20M

You can try install this game app.

Some ZTE applications

http://u.115.com/file/t39c7bff49

Edited by Arebu

All the roms , whatever 2.1 or 2.2,hava this bug!!!

when 2.1 install the app nearly 20m, it said installed fail. when 2.2 install the app nearly 20m, it will auto restart!

can you fix this bug?

Try wiping your cache partition using clockworkmod, apks seem to go there temporarily during install. It's 42mb, but maybe some old apps are taking up space & causing your problem.

I installed raging thunder 2 from the chinese rom (22mb) without any problem, then I noticed that the apk is left in the cache directory after install.

Edited by wbaw

Guest brownian

I've downloaded the source from this Chinese new year's gift.

What else do I need to compile the perfect ROM by tomorrow (Golden Wednesday)?

The JJ release is only newer because of unofficial hacks, right. The Chinese code is the best kernel for 2.2 surely?

having trouble with the app endomondo, i cant restore my backup of it with titanium and cant find it on the market anymore although i can see it on my girlfriends phone running jap jelly rom.

I am having exactly the same problem but with also Layar and Profile Valet missing. I can't find them at Market but they are still searchable through App Brain. But since they have to be downloaded via Market it isn't getting me anywhere. I have tried using Titanium as well as Backup Everything to restore.

That aside I think this is one of the best releases so far - its very fast and smooth and I haven't experienced other problems besides from the above mentioned.

Guest Sebastian404
I am having exactly the same problem but with also Layar and Profile Valet missing. I can't find them at Market but they are still searchable through App Brain. But since they have to be downloaded via Market it isn't getting me anywhere. I have tried using Titanium as well as Backup Everything to restore.

That aside I think this is one of the best releases so far - its very fast and smooth and I haven't experienced other problems besides from the above mentioned.

I did change the finger print to be the same as the Nexus One, unfortunately it seems a little more involved than that...

do you know, does the MoDaCo ROM let you download it? its also Chinese...

Guest PeterDreher

@Sebastian404, please help

How is it possible to make ROMs work with the LEAD-Display (not TRULY) in the new Swiss ZTE-Blade?

Samsung and TRULY working fine, but blueish with LEAD. Nothing to do with fastboot or Clockwork.

Edited by PeterDreher

Guest PeterDreher
What is a LEAD-Display?

Are you saying there is another (3rd) display type?

Ohhh, thanks for replying.

There are 3 Diplays out there now: Samsung = OLED, TRULY and LEAD = TFT

Seems like there is a different driver needed for LEAD since it is blueish when using any TFT-ROM out there.

Go into dailer and type in, you will see the Display: *983*24474636#

(not working with Jellyfish)

Here is the orignal boot.img:

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/327...0/#entry1553091

Are you willing to help? Would be awesome.

Thanks a lot.

TFT:

IC: NT35580

Glass: LEAD

TFT:

IC:HX8369

Glass:TRULY

Zitat:

OLED:

IC: TL2796

Glass: Samsung

Edited by PeterDreher

Guest Sebastian404

Oh, I'd missed that development... nice of ZTE to make things harder for us...

To be honest your better off asking KK, he is the guy who working out the kernel patch I'm using to get support for 2 screens, I could have a look into the source, but I suspect he'll know exactly where to look.

Guest PeterDreher
To be honest your better off asking KK, he is the guy who working out the kernel patch I'm using to get support for 2 screens, I could have a look into the source, but I suspect he'll know exactly where to look.

Thanks but KK is pretty busy right now, could you please get in touch wih him? If he sees your name i bet he will be happy to help.

Thanks a lot!

I did change the finger print to be the same as the Nexus One, unfortunately it seems a little more involved than that...

Well, its been a while since I tried the MoDaCo ROM and I don't recall any problems in that direction. However there seems to be a lot of work being done on the new MoDaCo ROMs so it is probably a different experience by now anyway. A fast lookaround in the "MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen"-forum doensn't bring up anybody with this particular problem. I have used the latest version of the FLB-ROM lately without any problems but I guess it is not Chinese even though it is based on the same build (P729CUV1.0.0B04).

But it is a valid point I think you are making - maybe there are limitations to Chinese users of Market. I recall there has been some issues with that earlier. Are anybody else experiencing problems with downloading Endomondo, Layar and Profile Valet?

Edited by trowls

Guest totalcmdext
I downloaded andorko's fm radio app http://andorko.hu/android/

Just Extract the de-chinaed rom and copy to system/app directory then pack it back up again!

Hi i have put the FMRasio in the gapps update.

I installed the gapps update and everything went well but the FMRadio is missing.

Any suggestion?

I've now installed the latest version of the MoDaCo-rom (r11) based on the latest chinese release on my SF and market works fine. However in the modification list it is mentioned that it is "tweaked to show full market". I guess the same tweak needs to be made to this in order to make market work 100 pct.

Edited by trowls

I've now installed the latest version of the MoDaCo-rom (r11) based on the latest chinese release on my SF and market works fine. However in the modification list it is mentioned that it is "tweaked to show full market". I guess the same tweak needs to be made to this in order to make market work 100 pct.

Could something like Market Enabler http://code.google.com/p/market-enabler" do the trick with apps missing in the chinese release?

Edited by trowls