[UPDATED]Performance Tweaks etc on Android!.

Guest gauravv

Guest erikcas
Did anyone managed to install the 2011-03-03 update on MyStorage?

I installed the beta2, as described ibn post #1, then I installed the video driver and everything worked fine.

Then I un-tar-ed the o2b2update.tar.gz of the 2011-03-03 and replaced the kernel-image, too.

As I understand I have to execute the o2b2update.sh in Android, right?

But I have 2 problems with that:

1. After untaring the update / replacing the kerner, Android freezes after 30 seconds, maybe because I didn't execute o2b2update.sh?

2. I don't know how to execute the o2b2update.sh under Android. Do I have to use a terminal emulator?

For freezes on B7610: Try the update from Mosci you find here: Issue 6 post #110

grtz Erik

Guest Jamievanm
For freezes on B7610: Try the update from Mosci you find here: Issue 6 post #110

grtz Erik

I experienced freezes after a little bit of time using the keyboard on the rev80 file.

Now with the new update of android and the new keyboard file, the system almost immediately freezes after typing a bit.

And yes I use the file from post 110. :( The keys do funcction though!

Guest ErnstJanF
I experienced freezes after a little bit of time using the keyboard on the rev80 file.

Now with the new update of android and the new keyboard file, the system almost immediately freezes after typing a bit.

And yes I use the file from post 110. :( The keys do funcction though!

Just to state this again:

Freezes are due to a (partially) failed installation. Just wipe it and try the installation again until it's working :(

Guest centodue

Freezes are due to a (partially) failed installation. Just wipe it and try the installation again until it's working :(

mmmm...and can I re-install directly using the same o2b2update.tar.gz already present in my memory or I need to uninstall and re-install ?

I have freezing or block in sleep status too

Guest Jamievanm

Not in this case. Phone worked perfect with the first keyboard file, never froze. Not the rev80.

But the one with not working question mark and a few misplaced alt-characters.

Wel bedankt voor je reactie..

Guest darthveda
hi where did you find the b7610 mst file? i can't find it.

can you give a link please. i want to have the file just in case........

thanks

greets tjeerdos

the official b7610 roms have it, try the JC2 base or JE2 based ones.

Guest kaspy
hi where did you find the b7610 mst file? i can't find it.

can you give a link please. i want to have the file just in case........

thanks

greets tjeerdos

hi bro ,

well actually iwas having it before in my computer i downloaded it from here only

its windows mobile 6.5

ce os 5.2.21883(build 21883.5.0.73)

i will upload it to some site and post u the links in the pm .

well tell me which file hosting would u prefer

Guest tjeerdos
hi bro ,

well actually iwas having it before in my computer i downloaded it from here only

its windows mobile 6.5

ce os 5.2.21883(build 21883.5.0.73)

i will upload it to some site and post u the links in the pm .

well tell me which file hosting would u prefer

okay thanks that would be great. 4shared will do. or one you like will do to.

thanks..

greetss tjeerdos

Guest kaspy

hi all ,,,

well i have strange problem now,

when i install the android on the sd card with ext2

install goes fine , no errors,

after i run haret in mystorage to run android , it goes fine till

IPC transfer start ,

after that it doesnt show the android screen , but reboots the phone ,

i have tried many times

but no help .

Guest Gurbanyo

Hi...my phone is B7620 Giorgio Armani.i have a problem with left side of screen.left side of screen it`s not working (how to fix it?

Guest elbee72
Hi...my phone is B7620 Giorgio Armani.i have a problem with left side of screen.left side of screen it`s not working (how to fix it?

is the screen working on winmo?

on what android versions is the screen not working ok (beta1/beta2/alpha)?

Guest kaspy

is it necessary to update the latest 03 march update from official site,

if we have already updated the b7610 03 march file ,

from the issuees.

Guest Gurbanyo
is the screen working on winmo?

on what android versions is the screen not working ok (beta1/beta2/alpha)?

yes working in win mo.but in android left side not working.beta2+2d3d drivers. left side icons not clickible

Guest elbee72
yes working in win mo.but in android left side not working.beta2+2d3d drivers. left side icons not clickible

touchscreen on i920 also isnt working in beta2, but is working in alpha (but has few features).

can you tilt to landscape mode? how is the (touch)screen reacting on this?

all other features listed on http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/wiki/Features work (sensors, wifi, 3g, phone .... etc)?

Guest Gurbanyo
touchscreen on i920 also isnt working in beta2, but is working in alpha (but has few features).

can you tilt to landscape mode? how is the (touch)screen reacting on this?

all other features listed on http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/wiki/Features work (sensors, wifi, 3g, phone .... etc)?

I can`t tilt to landscape mode.i can`t see photos.the music player is playing but no sound.with beta2 i can`t use last update (03mart) only black screen and nothing when android starting.but my big problem is a screen(i can`t uderstand why only lefy side not working.my friend have same problem with b7620.left side not working.maybe in i8000 or b7610 different screens?maybe somebody have to edit kernel for my phone.

Guest mosci
is it necessary to update the latest 03 march update from official site,

if we have already updated the b7610 03 march file ,

from the issuees.

no - it is not necessary.

Guest elbee72
I can`t tilt to landscape mode.i can`t see photos.the music player is playing but no sound.with beta2 i can`t use last update (03mart) only black screen and nothing when android starting.but my big problem is a screen(i can`t uderstand why only lefy side not working.my friend have same problem with b7620.left side not working.maybe in i8000 or b7610 different screens?maybe somebody have to edit kernel for my phone.

Thx, so not working on B7620:

Giorgio Armani (B7620): not working

Giorgio Armani (B7620): touchscreen partly working (only right side) [<rev75]

Giorgio Armani (B7620): sound not working [<rev75]

Giorgio Armani (B7620): Orientation sensor (accelometer) not working [<rev75]

I dont get you see android screens but no photo's, have you added 2d/3d drivers?

what about other features listed on http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/wiki/Features (hardware/connectivity/software) like phone, wifi ....?

Guest Gurbanyo
Thx, so not working on B7620:

Giorgio Armani (B7620): not working

Giorgio Armani (B7620): touchscreen partly working (only right side) [<rev75]

Giorgio Armani (B7620): sound not working [<rev75]

Giorgio Armani (B7620): Orientation sensor (accelometer) not working [<rev75]

I dont get you see android screens but no photo's, have you added 2d/3d drivers?

what about other features listed on http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/wiki/Features (hardware/connectivity/software) like phone, wifi ....?

hi.with photo`s it`s ok.now working and i can see photo`s but but filemanager and gallery showing only SD card.my android on phone memory *8Gb*.hardware/software/phone everything working good.

not working:wifi/when i calling i can hear only from speaker/.

about screen: to touch left side i have to touch very strong with finger and to corner a icon which i want.(i think the problem is calibration there`s left side working but have to touch very strong )and how to make wifi work?that`s all!

Edited by Gurbanyo

Guest elbee72
thanks mate.

any idea why my sensor is opsidedown hahaha

who would like to do some sensor tests on B7610? If succesfull i can maybe patch the upsidedown.

just use the pathed zImage and modules from http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/issues/detail?id=29#c29 and use adb or OSMonitor app to read the kernel logging (dmesg).

The kernel logging could help me patch it.

This test kernel breaks all the nice features of mosci (its a i8000 kernel), but you can easy apply his update again when you are ready with testing.

When logging pse rember how you orient the phone, because i have to match orientation with kernel logging.

If you are on a roll, you could test compass too, down a compass app and note kernel message values for north/south/east/west.

Edited by elbee72

Guest erikcas
who would like to do some sensor tests on B7610? If succesfull i can maybe patch the upsidedown.

just use the pathed zImage and modules from http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/issues/detail?id=29#c29 and use adb or OSMonitor app to read the kernel logging (dmesg).

The kernel logging could help me patch it.

This test kernel breaks all the nice features of mosci (its a i8000 kernel), but you can easy apply his update again when you are ready with testing.

When logging pse rember how you orient the phone, because i have to match orientation with kernel logging.

If you are on a roll, you could test compass too, down a compass app and note kernel message values for north/south/east/west.

Posted my dmesg output on issue 29 projectpage.

grtz Erik

Guest erikcas
Posted my dmesg output on issue 29 projectpage.

grtz Erik

And posted compass dmesg output. Next: some more accelero output :( and offcourse watch Ajax

Edit: Done :(

Edited by erikcas