[UPDATED]Performance Tweaks etc on Android!.

Guest gauravv

Guest ErnstJanF

Please help.. I formatted 'My Storage' and now I got sdb1 and sdb2 ... but I need sdb5 and sdb6!!!

EDIT: never mind, fixed by setting 'logical partition'

Edited by ErnstJanF

Guest darthveda

I got it working, however, it's in landscape mode always. Problem with sensor, everyone's getting the same issue?

EDIT: unchecked auto rotate screen and it is normal potrait mode

Edited by darthveda

Guest elbee72
I got it working, however, it's in landscape mode always. Problem with sensor, everyone's getting the same issue?

EDIT: unchecked auto rotate screen and it is normal potrait mode

what version, and how did you install?

Guest darthveda
what version, and how did you install?

The froyo version, I downloaded the 1024.zip file and followed the methods described in the thread @ XDA portal. It was very surprising to see that I had GPRS connection at startup with Airtel (india) APN added automatically. I then used my google account to sign in. I went to settings->Display->Disable Auto rotate screen.

Guest ydnarp
Where the f... is the back key.I have freezes any time when i pressed any button (upgrade,new fresh install, all the same).

i guess it's below the letter z, besides the alt key..i'm still having sod's with rev46...but all in all, it's great, i can send/receive sms and phone call..the only problem is the camera which is i think not yet supported and the random sod's..

keep it up, guys... :)

Guest ydnarp

thanks ernstjanf and the rest of the guys behind this project...hope that the next update minimizes the sod and of course, a working camera and wlan..goodluck guys... :)

Guest ErnstJanF
thanks ernstjanf and the rest of the guys behind this project...hope that the next update minimizes the sod and of course, a working camera and wlan..goodluck guys... :)

They probable changed something, as my MAKE_UPDATE script file cant find the MAKE command.. LOL #fail xD

Guest superck445
Building update now..

much appreciated! hope it works

avoided using froyo yet as eclair with b7610 updates is so stable and perfect for everyday use. sounds like froyo has problems with market downloads which is kinda essential

Guest ErnstJanF

Please try this update and report back :-)

NOTE: THIS CAN MAKE ANDROID UNSTABLE AND YOU NEED TO REINSTALL.. so testing only :)

Edited by ErnstJanF

Guest superck445

NOTE: THIS CAN MAKE ANDROID UNSTABLE AND YOU NEED TO REINSTALL.. so testing only :)

wow quick! i will be trying this when i get home tonight, and report back

thank you ErnstJanF

Guest tjeerdos

what wil this update, update.....

thanks

Guest darthveda

I updated the kernel image with your patch, the keys seems to be working.

However in keyboard, instead of $ i get the euro and if you hold down ALT key and then press < or > on the btm row nothing happens. press ALT key once and then press those keys it works.

Great works Ernst

Update on Froyo:

Battery usage is still very high.. the phone is very hot during usage and I had 30% drop in half an hour!!!

Edited by darthveda

Guest tjeerdos
I just reinstalled Eclair, but now my SD-card gets removed each time I boot it up..

i just did your update. no succes have to reinstall android froyo.

android boots but then does nothing anymore. and i get errors.

tjeerdos

Guest tjeerdos

Under Spare Parts, select End Button Behavior and set it to Home. This way you can quickly exit out of any app by simply pressing the end call

greets tjeerdos

Guest ydnarp
Under Spare Parts, select End Button Behavior and set it to Home. This way you can quickly exit out of any app by simply pressing the end call

greets tjeerdos

hi, where can i find the Spare parts settings? tia...

...running android for almost 12 hours and i still have 83% battery life..good work peeps..keep it up...couldn't wait for the cam and wlan to work, though :)

Guest tjeerdos
hi, where can i find the Spare parts settings? tia...

...running android for almost 12 hours and i still have 83% battery life..good work peeps..keep it up...couldn't wait for the cam and wlan to work, though :)

just push square on screen. then scroll down to there is spare parts.

greets tjeerdos

Guest superck445

eventually got froyo installed and working, but get error 'system process is not responding' and choose wait or force close.

choosing wait works, but when i restart after your update has been applied, the phone cannot connect to a network and does not really work sadly

Guest ErnstJanF
eventually got froyo installed and working, but get error 'system process is not responding' and choose wait or force close.

choosing wait works, but when i restart after your update has been applied, the phone cannot connect to a network and does not really work sadly

That happens without my update too, I'm now trying to fix it.. But I just got my driver's licence so don't blame me for being slow :)

Guest ydnarp

will try this update ernstjanf..i'll post an update later... thanks.. :)