[UPDATED]Performance Tweaks etc on Android!.

Guest gauravv

Guest erikcas
mm strange, the volume up button triggers menu as well as volume and then my phone hangs :S also some other keys on the keyboard still trigger other commands, so there is still much to do for the devolopers.

Quite nice that they got it to work for 85 percent though :D

Did you replace zImage as well? If you didn't keymapping will not work. By the way, I had to reboot 1 or 2 times to have it working properley.

grtz Erik

Guest ashwin Bhagwandin

hhmmm i am going crazy

"kernel panic - not syncing: no init found. Try passing init = option to kernel"

this is the error that i am getting when running Haret from My storage

Sure! i ran Haret from O2beta folder first, and he is creating the partion just fine (saw the shrink from 4gb to 2.8xxxx)

does this sound familiar?

Sorry For i don't say this in engish but i want t help people

and sorry thierry diessen i make there a mistake :D if you do this Manual its Good

Manual In Dutch

Download Beta 2 http://87.229.73.80/beta2_1024.zip

download 2d/3d Driver http://rapidshare.com/#!download|482l3...ate.tar.gz|1480

Download zimage http://87.229.73.80/zImage (if you get here a txt File opening in your browser, Then you need to download it with Google Crome browser)

ga In wm Naar instellingen

ga naar Algemene instellingen

ga naar Usb-verbinding

Zet massa storage aan

Zet die op Mijn opslag

druk op gereed

Sluit je telefoon aan op de pc

Zet alle bestanden die in de Beta2_1024 staan Op de root van de schrijf die je er bij hebt gekregen bij het aankoppelen van je telefoon

Verander de naam van 2d/3d drive : o2bupdate.tar.gz in o2b2update.tar.gz

Zet die ook in de Root van Mijn opslag

pak de Zimage die je ook gedownload hebt ook in de root van mijn opslag en vervang die ene die er al op staat

disconect je telefoon van de computer

start Nu haret.exe van o2Beta Map op Mijn opslag

Hij zal nu een petitie maken na dat het klaar is boot hij opnieuw windows mobiel

Start nu haret.exe vanaf de root van mijn opslag

Als het goed is werkt ie nou goed

Sorry I know you need to speak english here

Tyrone Krieger

If you need i will make a second Manual In english

i would like to use this one, , as it has the latest updates.

but what kind of tutorail i try, no one of them works :D:(

retried formatting SD with Diskerase, took some time, reinstalled android (Haret in O2beta folder) then started haret on the root, and again the same message :S

Edited by ashwin Bhagwandin

Guest Jamievanm
hhmmm i am going crazy

"kernel panic - not syncing: no init found. Try passing init = option to kernel"

this is the error that i am getting when running Haret from My storage

Sure! i ran Haret from O2beta folder first, and he is creating the partion just fine (saw the shrink from 4gb to 2.8xxxx)

does this sound familiar?

i would like to use this one, , as it has the latest updates.

but what kind of tutorail i try, no one of them works :D:(

retried formatting SD with Diskerase, took some time, reinstalled android (Haret in O2beta folder) then started haret on the root, and again the same message :S

I get that message when it has the common sd-read error(b7610 related). Flipping the sd in and out, fixes that for me. Try a different SD.

Edited by Jamievanm

Guest erikcas
I get that message when it has the common sd-read error(b7610 related). Flipping the sd in and out, fixes that for me. Try a different SD.

I had that to when installing on my storage. After untarring the files, unmount the partition in Ubuntu before unplugging the phone did the trick for me. Don't know if this works for SD too (manually untar files to SD in Ubuntu, unmount and then unplug)?

grtz Erik

Edited by erikcas

Guest ashwin Bhagwandin

hmm the 4gb sandisk is the only one i have :D i am not using ubuntu as in the tutorail it tells me to run haret (in O2beta) and wait for the phone to reboot. and then i need to run haret in the root :D

so you guys think that my SD is the problem ? manual install?

Guest JapyDooge

My experiences so far...

I downloaded "beta1024.zip ........ 1G partition image ( new version : 2011-01-18 12:35 CET )" and tried to install it on my Qwerty that's running a MegaLITE ROM.

I've put all files in that package in the root of my internal storage, but starting the haret in the o2beta folder did'nt work to create the partition.

I saw the system boot up, identify my storage card, resize the partition and create a new one and then crashing on mounting it to extract the ext2.tar.gz to it.

When i checked the storage card in my computer system (running Arch linux) using GParted, there was no partition created at all.

So i decided to resize the storage card partition myself to 6GB, and create a new 2GB EXT2 partition behind it.

Then i extracted the contents of ext2.tar.gz onto it, unmounted it and put it back in my phone.

I tried to boot the system by running the haret.exe in the root of my internal storage but that did'nt work.

The paths were correct (root=/dev/mmcblk1p2) so i edited the default.txt and changed the ramsize to '180*1024*1024*2'.

For some strange reason, i can boot it now, but it crashes sometimes during boot time (out of memory i guess).

My Android works a bit, but no working wifi nor 3G so far, also the buttons seem to be messed up (but i've read about a patch for that somewhere).

Next, i got the new kernel from 2011-01-19 that fixes the sleep problem. When i copy this one in the root of my internal storage, replacing the old one, everything still works :D

Next i tried to install 'o2bupdate.zip' from 2011-02-09.

As far as i understand i should extract it to my internal storage, thereby overwriting the old kernel.

When i do that, and start my Android installation the normal way, using haret.exe, the system crashes during boot (screen goes black at the right moment but Android logo never comes up) and reboots after a minute or so.

I did not try the beta2 yet that was released last friday btw.

Guest ashwin Bhagwandin

as a follow op on my issue mentioned above.

i am trying to do this again on my work computer (xp SP3 instead of win7 x64 @home)

Disk eraser Low-level format

and then i will do this

1.put all files on storage card, overwrite Zimage from http://87.229.73.80/zImage

2.place and rename 2d/3d file O2b2update.tar.gz to the root of my storage

3.run haret from o2beta folder

4. run haret from the root of my storage

i will let you all know within 30 minutes

EDIT: damn, :D it fails again, i am so sad ATM :D

Guest Jamievanm
as a follow op on my issue mentioned above.

i am trying to do this again on my work computer (xp SP3 instead of win7 x64 @home)

Disk eraser Low-level format

and then i will do this

x. Make sure your performance is set to high in WinMo.

1.put all files on storage card, overwrite Zimage from http://87.229.73.80/zImage

2.place and rename 2d/3d file O2b2update.tar.gz to the root of my storage

3.run haret from o2beta folder

4. run haret from the root of my storage

i will let you all know within 30 minutes

EDIT: damn, :D it fails again, i am so sad ATM :D

Delete all files from android out of my storage.

Download the newest beta 2. It's on top of the devs website.

And follow the steps you mentioned.

I did it yesterday and it still works fine and is super stable.

I must mention that when I used the update files, it was far less stable than now using the beta 2 file.

Did you save the zimage as a ordinary file without extension or a .txt file? It should be without .txt!

Edited by Jamievanm

Guest ashwin Bhagwandin

yes Zimage doesn't have an extension. i am trying it again.

it is really pissing me off, i am a junior system controller here in holland, but getting android on my phone won't succeed and everybody else does :D:P:P

NOTE: but i am supprised about the fact that Android made a huge progress in the meantime i didn't checked modaco,

it is simply amazing what people can do !

EDIT: OMG it still doesn't work. what now ? get a new SD card?

Guest hyperviper
yes Zimage doesn't have an extension. i am trying it again.

it is really pissing me off, i am a junior system controller here in holland, but getting android on my phone won't succeed and everybody else does :D:P:P

NOTE: but i am supprised about the fact that Android made a huge progress in the meantime i didn't checked modaco,

it is simply amazing what people can do !

EDIT: OMG it still doesn't work. what now ? get a new SD card?

Make sure there Not Stand on your Sd card sd HC

i have 2 sd cards

1ste sd card i have that message and the other not

Think its your sd card

Buy one with 2 Gb

I installed the android on My storage instead of SD card in B7610, then everything works except the wifi, for which there is no solution so far. I initially tried on SD card but showed all the problems which are mentioned by B7610 users, so you can try using My Storage, hope it helps.

Guest ashwin Bhagwandin
@ashwin, try the method that i mentioned above, it worked for me :D

Ps. nog meer Nederlandse sysops? :) ik ook al :D

tjaa echt leuk, vooral de nederlanders zijn gedreven om android over WM te schuiven :)

Make sure there Not Stand on your Sd card sd HC

i have 2 sd cards

1ste sd card i have that message and the other not

Think its your sd card

Buy one with 2 Gb

i am not able to understand it quite well, however i might think what you mean, are suggesting me to use a NON High Capacity card (SDHC)

as i am trying to use a NON-SDHC 2gb card at this very moment.

I installed the android on My storage instead of SD card in B7610, then everything works except the wifi, for which there is no solution so far. I initially tried on SD card but showed all the problems which are mentioned by B7610 users, so you can try using My Storage, hope it helps.

OMG how did you install that on your my storage, that would be GREAT, did do the search, but the search function isn't my best friend @modaco

Guest ashwin Bhagwandin

damn doesn't work on 2gb card,

is there a linux expert over here?

i am going to freak out:O, tried everything, i posted my steps for confirmation

tried 4gb SDHC and the 2gb NON_SDHC

now i am going to low level format the damn card and i'll try it again with new rars and package :D

@MOSCI

indeed, your are right about that ! i thought that too, but i was so desperate that i used an old 2gb card to try again

NOTE: i admire everyones attempts to help me !!! thank you all !

Guest tjeerdos

okey i have an question

many programs talk about that android must be rooted. does someone know how to do this and if its possible with beta 2.

i have android 1024 version on my storage. did that whit ubuntu.....

thanks

tjeerdos

Edited by tjeerdos

Guest Bounser
damn doesn't work on 2gb card,

is there a linux expert over here?

i am going to freak out:O, tried everything, i posted my steps for confirmation

tried 4gb SDHC and the 2gb NON_SDHC

now i am going to low level format the damn card and i'll try it again with new rars and package :D

@MOSCI

indeed, your are right about that ! i thought that too, but i was so desperate that i used an old 2gb card to try again

NOTE: i admire everyones attempts to help me !!! thank you all !

Maybe you could PM Tjeerdos. He has done it in linux and he is dutch. Even i have done it and i am a noob! LOL

Guest ashwin Bhagwandin
okey i have an question

many programs talk about that android must be rooted. does someone know how to do this and if its possible with beta 2.

i have android 1024 version on my storage. did that whit ubuntu.....

thanks

tjeerdos

do you know something about my issue? (alvast bedankt :D)

for your question: please visit http://www.droid-life.com/2010/04/05/how-t...ot-android-2-1/

according to this site we are not able to root 2.1 (so far i know, we're running 2.1 Eclair?)

EDIT: the reason for unable to root is the fact you need to go back to 2.0.1 according to the mentioned webpage. and most probably installing 2.0.1 on our b7610 won't be a simple task

Guest hyperviper
OMG how did you install that on your my storage, that would be GREAT, did do the search, but the search function isn't my best friend @modaco

Moet je default.txt zetten in o2beta map

Set cmdline "root=/dev/mmcblk0p5

denk ik Meschien is het een andere MMCBlk0p.

. voor nummer

En als je de goede gevonden hebt ook in default.txt in de root van mij storage

Denk dat het zo moet :D

ashwin Bhagwandin

nu het zelfde in nederlands

Ik heb 2 sd kaartjes waar ik op 1 de zelfde fout als bij jou krijg en op de andere niet

Ik weet ook niet warom op de ene wel en de andere niet

maar het zou daar aan kunnen liggen

and can anybody explane what to do with the update from 2011-02-09

Do i need to do that with the new Beta2

and You need to do it manualy? not automaticly??

Edited by hyperviper

Guest ashwin Bhagwandin

Damn issue resolved, followed the i8000 tutorail for installing on my storagee,(leaves my sd card YEESSS :D )

now i am going to fix the messed up keyboard mappings and i am installing apps. too bad landscap isn't working, but it is understandable as it isn't designed for b7610 LOL

does android run native 800x480 ?

Guest tjeerdos
Damn issue resolved, followed the i8000 tutorail for installing on my storagee,(leaves my sd card YEESSS :D )

now i am going to fix the messed up keyboard mappings and i am installing apps. too bad landscap isn't working, but it is understandable as it isn't designed for b7610 LOL

does android run native 800x480 ?

good to hear it is working. download the app RotateD in market. it makes 2 buttons landscape and portrait works like a charme

greets tjeerdos