[UPDATED]Performance Tweaks etc on Android!.

Guest gauravv

Guest ErnstJanF
i dont know exactly .. mayby you can figure out that!?

... but there is something different betwwen the both models

at least in bluetooth ... wireless ... hardwarekeys & memory

i f everything was the same - it should act the same ... but it does not - thats a fact

Yeah, but I can't find ANYTHING on what kind of chips the phones use on Google :lol:

The keyboard is just an extra and is not too hard to implement when knowing something about android..

Bluetooth doesn't work on I8000 either, could be the same as our phone, I don't know :)

Guest daskalos
Yeah, but I can't find ANYTHING on what kind of chips the phones use on Google :)

The keyboard is just an extra and is not too hard to implement when knowing something about android..

Bluetooth doesn't work on I8000 either, could be the same as our phone, I don't know ;)

yep bluetooth is just the same :lol:

B7610 and i8000 have different device wifi name: B7610 is tiwlnapi1 , i can't remember i8000's :), maybe hardware-wise, they're a little bit different...

Edited by daskalos

yep bluetooth is just the same :lol:

B7610 and i8000 have different device wifi name: B7610 is tiwlnapi1 , i can't remember i8000's :), maybe hardware-wise, they're a little bit different...

AHA! .... Texas Instruments Wireless Lan

maybe the i8000 is broadcomm?

Vic

Edited by Vic20

Guest ErnstJanF
AHA! .... Texas Instruments Wireless Lan

maybe the i8000 is broadcomm?

Vic

Thank you! Now we're getting somewhere :lol:

Let's find out what's the difference between both :)

If someone can tell me where I can find the I8000 wifi driver (inside the android ext2 package) and how to edit it, I might be able to do something :)

Thank you! Now we're getting somewhere :lol:

Let's find out what's the difference between both :)

If someone can tell me where I can find the I8000 wifi driver (inside the android ext2 package) and how to edit it, I might be able to do something :)

From what I've found on google so far, Texas Instruments have made Android Drivers for their WLAN chipsets publicly available. I've yet to find them from my above link.

Daskalos, from his ROM cooking should be able to tell us what chipset manufacture the i8000 uses. Wish I knew more about Linux!

Vic

Guest daskalos
From what I've found on google so far, Texas Instruments have made Android Drivers for their WLAN chipsets publicly available. I've yet to find them from my above link.

Daskalos, from his ROM cooking should be able to tell us what chipset manufacture the i8000 uses. Wish I knew more about Linux!

Vic

Well I don't know if this will help the wifi driver names are

B7610 - tiwlnapi1

i8000 - TNETW12511

Guest ErnstJanF
Well I don't know if this will help the wifi driver names are

B7610 - tiwlnapi1

i8000 - TNETW12511

Daskalos; Do you know something about linux? :lol:

I'm searching the ext2 for some kind of wifi driver now, but I can't find anything..

I did find out about the wpa_supplicant, but it's not a driver.. :)

hi can any one please tell me from where i can download the driver for our device to use it with QtADB.

iam stuck for the driver of

SC36410 android ADB.

please help me .

Guest ErnstJanF
hi can any one please tell me from where i can download the driver for our device to use it with QtADB.

iam stuck for the driver of

SC36410 android ADB.

please help me .

You're lucky that you can connect. When I connect my device, it shows as 'unknown device' and gives an error :lol:

Sometimes it connects fine, but I don't know what settings I need to connect like that :)

-- Edit --

Let the phone connect to wmdc and then boot android and it connects fine :)

Edited by ErnstJanF

Guest passion_streak

its just awesome , I LOVE IT but i have a problem .. i guess my battery life has deteriorated coz of android . Any one has noticed this problem while using android . or may be i m playin with it too much

Guest sakisds

@ErnstJanF: Even if you find the driver it will be in binary form so its not much use. Better wait for the team to release the sources.

@passion_steak: Sleep does not work properly yet so its eating a lot of juice.

very nice guys, will test this when im done tweaking my B7610 to do windows mobile properly :lol:

....why do you think we want to get Android running on our phones?!! :)

Guest Superwuppy

Hi

I'd like the idea of running android on my B7610 (starting to hate the damned thing)(screw WM6.5)

i had it run the basics with nothing else working

would love to have mij phone work as fast and stable as seen on the movie Daskalos made

need some help please im a noob in phone fixing

can some one please PM me with the pages where i can find everything

maybe Daskalos can PM me with you're phone set-up witch files to use and so on...

(i'm dutch so sorry for my english)

Thanx

Hey guy's ...

does anyone of the B7610 owners/users

get another device-descrpition than "Generic ARM V7" in haret?

something like " GENERIC ARM V7 GT-B7610" ???

that would be nice to know -

if so, please pm me!

haret.jpg

that could help to get the (at least) keyboard working

@Superwuppy: I have included all the links to the necessary tools and software in my post, so you should be able to get started...

I've installed the last beta of Android on my phone, following the guide on http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php. I've also added the 2d/3d drivers I've found on the 8th post of this topic: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...omnia-ii-i8000/.

Android is starting up without any problems (after I've tried 3 times, first getting some syncing issues). However, now I need to add an Google account, however I cannot connect to the internet. As it seems, I cannot skip the wizard to add a Google account, so it keeps saying "Touch the android to begin".

How can I skip or connect to the internet, so I can start using Android?

@mosci: I am also seeing the message: "Found machine Generic ARM v7".

Edited by Guest

Guest ErnstJanF
@Superwuppy: I have included all the links to the necessary tools and software in my post, so you should be able to get started...

I've installed the last beta of Android on my phone, following the guide on http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php. I've also added the 2d/3d drivers I've found on the 8th post of this topic: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...omnia-ii-i8000/.

Android is starting up without any problems (after I've tried 3 times, first getting some syncing issues). However, now I need to add an Google account, however I cannot connect to the internet. As it seems, I cannot skip the wizard to add a Google account, so it keeps saying "Touch the android to begin".

How can I skip or connect to the internet, so I can start using Android?

@mosci: I am also seeing the message: "Found machine Generic ARM v7".

Use the 'skip' button :lol: