[ROM] 26/Jan r0.2: de-crossed (cheque) ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404
- no 3G data connection (on UK3), can be resolved by replacing APN list

you have changed the APN list and it works? where did you get the APN list from?

Guest whatcolour
you have changed the APN list and it works? where did you get the APN list from?

From the lastest MCR rom. Seb, m8, you really got us the perfect rom!! Goes without saying, you are a star!!

Edited by whatcolour

Guest ZakMcRofl

Total noob here, got my Blade yesterday. I just tested this Rom with german settings. Unfortunately it tells me that voice search isn't available on my device, however it works fine on JJ.

Only english mandarin and japanese is available when I go to the settings.

Other than that it looks great.

I found another bug: I didn't have a SIM insterted but was connected to my Wifi. When I tried to add my Google Account (initial setup) it was hanging a long time and then complained about an unstable connection.

Sorry this second report is so vague.

Edited by ZakMcRofl

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Does this rom have hardware acceleration enabled or disabled?

from some testing i did i noticed with it disabled i get much long battery time.

Guest oh!dougal

Mmmm. Maybe its me ...

Downloaded, md5 checked OK.

Then the four items mentioned were removed from the zip, using Astro

and I chucked Google Voice as well ...

Flashed in.

Wallpaper apart, its nicely plain.

And that should have been it.

But ... I thought I read that the International APN list was in, but the APN page was empty (not indicating Virgin, let alone my T-mobile)

AND Wifi On/Off showed Error when I tried to switch it on (and so prevented access to Wifi Settings).

Rebooted, no change.

This on an OLED UK OSF.

So I restored my JJ7 Nandroid.

I'll try again tomorrow ....

If anyone has had any joy with this, maybe they could test the standard wired headset.

Does it ring only at the earbuds? (Like JJ7)

Does the de-X answer on the headset button when the phone is ringing? (JJ7 doesn't)

Seems to me that JJ7 ignores the wired headset button.

Wondered whether that was also the case with all the compiled kernels ...

Launcher app drawer scrolling seemed surprisingly hard-to-start (could have said not smooth, but I think its starting that's the problem).

From my past user-fiddling with SetCPU, it felt like it was running "conservative" speed mapping, but the map was way too conservative ...

Felt a bit odd, anyway.

Seb, noted that you wish to respect the rated cpu max clock speed, so how about using KK's overclockable kernel tweaks, but without enabling any speed above 600. That way, SetCPU could still be used to vary things - like underclocking when the battery is getting low, or engaging 'performance' scaling during gameplay ... without risking melting the cpu or battery.

Guest Sebastian404

I'm having a hard time with this APN business, Im using the one from CyanogenMod that is suppose to be 'the best' yet the no1 complaint is about APNs

Oh also, the livewallpaper.... the Stock came with Grass that I hated, so I changed it to Nexus... but in 0.2 it will be back to the regular stock one.

Guest Sebastian404
Total noob here, got my Blade yesterday. I just tested this Rom with german settings. Unfortunately it tells me that voice search isn't available on my device, however it works fine on JJ.

Only english mandarin and japanese is available when I go to the settings.

Other than that it looks great.

did you try scrolling the list down, I can see Czech, Dutch, French, German...... Loads..

Menu -> Settings -> Voice Input & output -> Voice recognizer settings

Guest paraselene
Not with a Blade fingerprint!

Whereas Maps & Street View are to be found there ...

Having it slot straight into a 128mb partition would be nice!

And ummm, I admit that I haven't figured out how to get a Google Voice account yet. Officially (at least) that is US-only, so not of very general usefulness ... AND its in Market ...

Presumably the Kernel is swapped because the "X" is built on the same addressing as the V880/003z, and the original is a non-starter?

You can use US proxy + ipkall to registration your google voice. However, if your friend has no google voice account...it's useless as you can't send any useful sms using it...

Guest mELIANTE
How can I put the ''defaut'' home screen of 2.1? this is too slow :S

You could enable hw acceleration, mine is really fast that way. I am also using the Nexus One original 2.2 (FRF91) launcher, attached if there is any interest.

You have to unzip it, the .apk is inside.

I have this in my SanFran and it is fast.

Launcher2.zip

I'm having a hard time with this APN business, Im using the one from CyanogenMod that is suppose to be 'the best' yet the no1 complaint is about APNs

Oh also, the livewallpaper.... the Stock came with Grass that I hated, so I changed it to Nexus... but in 0.2 it will be back to the regular stock one.

Grass is my favourite live wallpaper, but it seems to be a bit of a cpu hog, I stick with the static wallpapers now. Might be best to put a static one as default to avoid complaints about battery use & speed.

There's a few reasons it's sluggish on first boot, like building the dalvik-cache, syncing with google, etc, it'll even start downloading some apps you've previously installed. So it's best to leave it alone for 5 or 10 minutes to let it to get up to speed.

Edited by wbaw

Guest Filipe Catalao

And how can I enable HW acceleration in this ROM?

and tks for the launcher :lol: but i can't install it. :S i'm using Easy Installer, but he gives me an error instaling that apk, only that. maybe the name is the same as the original that phone uses?

And after a few tests, yes, this is almost a perfect rom. Since now, everything is working. great sucess xD

Edited by Filipe Catalao

Guest Len Ash
And how can I enable HW acceleration in this ROM?

and tks for the launcher :lol: but i can't install it. :S i'm using Easy Installer, but he gives me an error instaling that apk, only that. maybe the name is the same as the original that phone uses?

And after a few tests, yes, this is almost a perfect rom. Since now, everything is working. great sucess xD

HW Accel is enabled or disabled the same way in all "ROMs" - via build.prop

Search...

Guest socialworker

Flashed r0.2 twice and something seems to be completely off with it.

Buttons just don't work as they're supposed to, they just kind of 'refresh' the screen.

I can't even unlock the phone once it's locked.

Did all the wiping, not sure what version of clockwork I'm using, but it installed fine.

Anybody else tried r0.2 with similar results?

Guest Arci :-)
Flashed r0.2 twice and something seems to be completely off with it.

Buttons just don't work as they're supposed to, they just kind of 'refresh' the screen.

I can't even unlock the phone once it's locked.

Did all the wiping, not sure what version of clockwork I'm using, but it installed fine.

Anybody else tried r0.2 with similar results?

Yes, I have similar results, too. On phone Orange San Francisco UK, TFT.

Clockwork recovery 2.5.1.3

Edited by Arci :-)

Guest Len Ash
Yes, I have similar results, too. On phone Orange San Francisco UK, TFT

Any kind of Launcher missing from build..... :-(

"Dead" ROM - don't flash. File for r0.2 corrupt, fails MD5 hash check.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest oh!dougal
Yes, I have similar results, too. On phone Orange San Francisco UK, TFT.

Clockwork recovery 2.5.1.3

Welcome to the Forum.

Not relevant to this issue, but 2.5.1.8 would be a worthwhile upgrade for you.

**** I'll just wait for r3 ... :lol: ****

Guest whatcolour

I can't believe some of the above comments!

The rom works perfectly for me, only r0.1 and it's already on par with JJ. The best thing is everything comes default rather than fixed/tweaked to make suit.

Guest socialworker
Any kind of Launcher missing from build..... :-(

The default launcher was there, just not working.

Redownloaded the r0.2 from both mirrors md5-sums match each other but not the one mentioned by Seb.

Maybe there's the problem :-)

Edit for Seb: MD5 for both mirrors: D5A7DC588ECC60D3CA99E7AE49BFC9DB

Could you please recheck / reupload?

Edited by socialworker

Guest Sebastian404

The keys work, and so does the launcher... I think I'd of spotted that.. even with my ususal piss poor testing methodology..

but guys CHECK THE MD5 - it should be 29b36f44b9805d7b3d247ecc8dc15b15

and then let me know if your still having an issue..

Im gong to be out of coms range for most of the day, so hopefully someone else will be able to check and post up results

Guest Len Ash
The keys work, and so does the launcher... I think I'd of spotted that.. even with my ususal piss poor testing methodology..

but guys CHECK THE MD5 - it should be 29b36f44b9805d7b3d247ecc8dc15b15

and then let me know if your still having an issue..

Im gong to be out of coms range for most of the day, so hopefully someone else will be able to check and post up results

At least 2 of the file sites have corrupt files... hash check fails. Jeez.

Guest Sebastian404
At least 2 of the file sites have corrupt files... hash check fails.

Thanks Lance..

I've removed the link for now, I'll re-upload it later today, in the mean time, use r0.1 there is no real difference.