Advent Vega kernel source code now available!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ejtagle

Regarding Voice support, i see

D/AT ( 106): AT(12)> AT^DDSETEX=2

I/AT ( 106): AT(12)< OK

"^DDSETEX" AT command, is used to notify the device to start streaming audio. The command should always be sent *after* the dial "D" or answer "A" command.

AT^DDSETEX=? Query

AT^DDSETEX=n Set

The possible values are:

1- Modem Port

2- Diag Port

3- PCUI Port

4- PCVOICE Port

So, initially, audio seems to be successfully redirected to the disg port (ttyUSB1) ... but then:

D/AT ( 106): AT(12)> AT^CVOICE=0

I/AT ( 106): AT(12)< ERROR

I/AT ( 106): --- GENERIC_ERROR_UNSPECIFIED

E/RIL ( 106): Failed to start audio tunnel

This command is used to enable voice streaming....

AT^CVOICE=0 Enable Voice

AT^CVOICE=1 Disable Voice

AT^CVOICE=? Check status

But, this command is failing, meaning no audio voice streaming... -i don't know if there is some initialization missing, but ofono uses exactly that sequence,,, Are you sure your 3g dongle supports voice ?

=========

AT^U2DIAG=0 – switch the device in modem mode only

AT^U2DIAG=1 – device in modem mode + CD-ROM

AT^U2DIAG=255 – modem mode + CD-ROM + Card Reader

AT^U2DIAG=256 – modem mode + Card Reader

Guest ejtagle

What exact USB 3G dongle are you using ? ... I know that EM770W does support voice, as i get from it:

AT^CVOICE?

^CVOICE:0,8000,16,20

OK

From my U804 embedded 3G modem, i get

AT^CVOICE?

ERROR

Some USB 3G dongles, with updated firmware , will support the voice functions :)

Guest univall

What exact USB 3G dongle are you using ? ... I know that EM770W does support voice, as i get from it:

AT^CVOICE?

^CVOICE:0,8000,16,20

OK

From my U804 embedded 3G modem, i get

AT^CVOICE?

ERROR

Some USB 3G dongles, with updated firmware , will support the voice functions :)

I am on Viewsonic 10s 3g Inbuilt Modem. (Have not opened the case to check, but think it is a EM770W?!! - someone, may please confirm / or suggest a way to find out model - make w/o opening the case).

I get -

root@android:/ # AT^CVOICE?

sh: AT^CVOICE?: not found

Edited by univall

Guest ejtagle

We should be looking at the PPP scripts. They are from vegacream where they were working. So there may be some changes needed to make this work for jellybean and the new ril.

Probably scripts do not need modification. Don't forget to make suid root the pppd daemon, otherwise, it is unable to bring the kernel ppp interface up...

Guest ejtagle

I am on Viewsonic 10s 3g Inbuilt Modem. (Have not opened the case to check, but think it is a EM770W?!! - someone, may please confirm / or suggest a way to find out model - make w/o opening the case).

I get -

root@android:/ # AT^CVOICE?

sh: AT^CVOICE?: not found

you need to do something like

stop ril-daemon

echo AT^CVOICE? > /dev/ttyUSB2

cat /dev/ttyUSB2

The AT commands are sent through a serial port called ttyUSB2

Audio should stream (if working) from ttyUSB1

Ideally, you could use a terminal emulator attached to the ttyUSB2 to send and receive commands...

The EM770W firmware theoretically can be updated. It is a miniPCI card. Huawei only supplies a windows app to do so... :(

I attached in this thread the EM770W documentation a long time ago... Look for the command used to get the firmware version. Even android reports it as baseband version

From your previous log:

D/AT ( 106): AT(12)> AT+CGMR

I/AT ( 106): AT(12)< 11.126.10.85.00

That is the firmware version. And I think the module actually is an EM770W or at least a very similar one, as otherwise, those specific huawei commands would not be working...

Edited by ejtagle

Guest ejtagle

I guess most of you will be really interested in the attached document.. It enumerates the feratures available for a given firmware version for the EM770W :) - We need the latest firmware update to get voice support working ;)

There seems to be a way to upgrade firmware...

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f475/huawei-router-embedded-module-firmware-update-added-882198/

Now, it would be interesting to be able to do it without disassembling the tablet...

EM770WTCPU-11.126.10.95.00_Release_Notes.pdf

Edited by ejtagle

Guest Scanno

Probably scripts do not need modification. Don't forget to make suid root the pppd daemon, otherwise, it is unable to bring the kernel ppp interface up...

The pppd is suid in my CWM install script, so that should be ok (also checked after install ofcourse ^_^ )

Edited by Scanno

Guest univall

Look at

http://www.dc-files....i/modems/EM770/

For firmware updastes for the EM770W... But i have to confess i did not try to perform it myself ... :o

And be careful here: You don't want to downgrade the firmware version! :o

Thank you for this, downloading. How to be sure --

1. It is EM770W that is installed in the tablet

2. To check existing firmware version

Guest ejtagle

Thank you for this, downloading. How to be sure --

1. It is EM770W that is installed in the tablet

2. To check existing firmware version

Your fw version is:

It is an EM770W 3g modem.. The firmware version is also reported by android as Baseband version (Tablet->Info)

The one i have in my POV mobii is even older... 11.126.10.81.00 ... :(

Guest univall

Your fw version is:

It is an EM770W 3g modem.. The firmware version is also reported by android as Baseband version (Tablet->Info)

The one i have in my POV mobii is even older... 11.126.10.81.00 ... :(

Thank you. :-)

Now to the task of finding out how to update the firmware on a ubuntu-linux!

Guest ejtagle

Attached my latest huawei RIL. The main changes compared with the previous one is that now we implement exactly the same algorithm for 3G data call registration to network. Hopefully, this time it will work. Still have to test it ... Radio logs welcome, specially related to attempts to attach to the 3G network...

huawei-generic-22aug.rar

Guest univall

Look at

http://www.dc-files....i/modems/EM770/

For firmware updastes for the EM770W... But i have to confess i did not try to perform it myself ... :o

And be careful here: You don't want to downgrade the firmware version! :o

I think this download gives a firmware version 11.126.10.80.00. May not be much use for those already on later versions. Launched the file using winetricks on ubuntu.

Guest univall

Attached my latest huawei RIL. The main changes compared with the previous one is that now we implement exactly the same algorithm for 3G data call registration to network. Hopefully, this time it will work. Still have to test it ... Radio logs welcome, specially related to attempts to attach to the 3G network...

Please see attached logs. Still no 3g. At first boot, checked APN settings, relevant APN was greyed out, had to select it to activate, rebooted. Current logs are from next boot to shutdown. We see cell-signal indicator with 2 bars, but still no network name appearing in the taskbar. Cell network name shows up only when wifi is switched on (ever since the first Jellybean rom) and connected.

Added: And we again have issues connecting call and stuck at hanging up as from yesterday's files.

Added 2nd attempt logs: Rebooted and also try to call from tablet and hang up.

ril-log-22082012.txt

ril-log-22082012-2nd-attempt.txt

Edited by univall

Guest univall

There was a bug in the dial_at_modem function that was not timing out expecting for an answer from the modem. So, the RIL was locked and not processing commands...

Sorry, some delay in responding.

Please see radio log, with the new files. The log is right from first boot to setting up APN settings. No 3g. Followed by setting up wifi connection.

Once wifi is setup, taskbar starts to show cell network name. Since wifi is also on cannot be sure if 3g data is coming through. Is there a way I can check this?

I could be totally off track: but, I think that the wifi and ppp daemon are somewhere / somehow crossing paths.

ril-log-22081961-v2.txt

Edited by univall

Guest ejtagle

Sorry, some delay in responding.

Please see radio log, with the new files. The log is right from first boot to setting up APN settings. No 3g. Followed by setting up wifi connection.

Once wifi is setup, taskbar starts to show cell network name. Since wifi is also on cannot be sure if 3g data is coming through. Is there a way I can check this?

I could be totally off track: but, I think that the wifi and ppp daemon are somewhere / somehow crossing paths.

A missing space in a string.. the 3g network does not require authentication, but the pppd was not instructed to allow such networks without authentication...

D/ConnectivityService( 273): handleConnectivityChange: address are the same reset per doReset linkProperty[1]: resetMask=0

I/pppd ( 1293): pppd options in effect:

I/pppd ( 1293): debug # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1293): nodetach # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1293): linkname ril1noauth # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1293): connect-delay 5000 # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1293): dump # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1293): /dev/ttyUSB0 # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1293): 115200 # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1293): mru 1280 # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1293): lcp-echo-failure 0 # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1293): lcp-echo-interval 0 # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1293): novj # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1293): novjccomp # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1293): ipcp-accept-local # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1293): ipcp-accept-remote # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1293): noipdefault # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1293): ipcp-max-terminate 10 # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1293): ipcp-max-configure 30 # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1293): ipcp-max-failure 30 # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1293): defaultroute # (from command line)

I/pppd ( 1293): usepeerdns # (from command line)

D/pppd ( 1293): using channel 9

I/pppd ( 1293): Using interface ppp0

I/pppd ( 1293): Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyUSB0

W/pppd ( 1293): Warning - secret file /etc/ppp/pap-secrets has world and/or group access

D/pppd ( 1293): sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <mru 1280> <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0x34921373> <pcomp> <accomp>]

D/pppd ( 1293): rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0xc <asyncmap 0x0> <auth chap MD5> <magic 0xf80ecf> <pcomp> <accomp>]

D/pppd ( 1293): No auth is possible

D/pppd ( 1293): sent [LCP ConfRej id=0xc <auth chap MD5>]

D/pppd ( 1293): rcvd [LCP ConfAck id=0x1 <mru 1280> <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0x34921373> <pcomp> <accomp>]

D/pppd ( 1293): rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0xd <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0xf80ecf> <pcomp> <accomp>]

D/pppd ( 1293): sent [LCP ConfAck id=0xd <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0xf80ecf> <pcomp> <accomp>]

D/pppd ( 1293): sent [CCP ConfReq id=0x1 <deflate 15> <deflate(old#) 15> <bsd v1 15>]

D/pppd ( 1293): sent [iPCP ConfReq id=0x1 <addr 0.0.0.0> <ms-dns1 0.0.0.0> <ms-dns3 0.0.0.0>]

D/pppd ( 1293): rcvd [LCP DiscReq id=0xe magic=0xf80ecf]

D/pppd ( 1293): rcvd [LCP ProtRej id=0xf 80 fd 01 01 00 0f 1a 04 78 00 18 04 78 00 15 03 2f]

I/pppd ( 1293): Modem hangup

I/pppd ( 1293): Connection terminated.

I added the missing space... the noauth option is the one that was missing due to its concatenation with the previous option...

Regarding the problem that 3g seems to be disabled at the same time as wifi, it is unrelated to RIL. I do suspect the problem is in the lunch taget, specifically in the file

framework/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml, networkAttributes and radioAttributes, that somehow tell the relations between availability of all network connections...

huawei-generic-22aug-v3.rar

Guest Scanno

A missing space in a string.. the 3g network does not require authentication, but the pppd was not instructed to allow such networks without authentication...

I added the missing space... the noauth option is the one that was missing due to its concatenation with the previous option...

Regarding the problem that 3g seems to be disabled at the same time as wifi, it is unrelated to RIL. I do suspect the problem is in the lunch taget, specifically in the file

framework/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml, networkAttributes and radioAttributes, that somehow tell the relations between availability of all network connections...

The networkattributes and radioattributes are the same as in vegacream. Just did a compare. Also checked the config.xml from the wingray. There are also no differences between those attributes in ICS and JellyBean.

Edited by Scanno

Guest ejtagle

The networkattributes and radioattributes are the same as in vegacream. Just did a compare. Also checked the config.xml from the wingray. There are also no differences between those attributes in ICS and JellyBean.

You are right, Scanno, they are the same. But, the component responsible of enabling/disabling connectivity devices is NetworkManager, so, there must be a dependency issue somewhere... :S

Guest univall

With the latest version, still cannot get 3g data. :-(

Please see log that goes up from boot to shutdown.

ril-log-22082012-v3.txt

Guest ejtagle

With the latest version, still cannot get 3g data. :-(

Please see log that goes up from boot to shutdown.

This log seems to be generated with huawei-generic-22aug-v2.rar

The huawei-generic-22aug-v3.rar fixes the noauth merged to the previous option.

D/RIL ( 108): Starting pppd w/command line: '/system/bin/pppd /dev/ttyUSB0 115200 mru 1280 linkname ril1noauth nodetach debug defaultroute usepeerdns connect-delay 5000 novj novjccomp noipdefault ipcp-accept-local ipcp-accept-remote dump lcp-echo-failure 0 lcp-echo-interval 0 ipcp-max-configure 30 ipcp-max-failure 30 ipcp-max-terminate 10'

That is the line that tells me that.. There should be an space into ril1noauth , splitting noauth from ril1

That was exactly what i corrected in that last -v3 update :)

Guest univall

This log seems to be generated with huawei-generic-22aug-v2.rar

The huawei-generic-22aug-v3.rar fixes the noauth merged to the previous option.

D/RIL ( 108): Starting pppd w/command line: '/system/bin/pppd /dev/ttyUSB0 115200 mru 1280 linkname ril1noauth nodetach debug defaultroute usepeerdns connect-delay 5000 novj novjccomp noipdefault ipcp-accept-local ipcp-accept-remote dump lcp-echo-failure 0 lcp-echo-interval 0 ipcp-max-configure 30 ipcp-max-failure 30 ipcp-max-terminate 10'

That is the line that tells me that.. There should be an space into ril1noauth , splitting noauth from ril1

That was exactly what i corrected in that last -v3 update :)

Ok. Maybe I recopied the older files, not sure. Am currently doing a clean build, will report back.

Guest ejtagle

Ok. Maybe I recopied the older files, not sure. Am currently doing a clean build, will report back.

I am sure we are extremely close to make the ril work... :) ... I would really like to make voice calls work :)

Guest univall

I am sure we are extremely close to make the ril work... :) ... I would really like to make voice calls work :)

Just to let you know that I have been trying to build afresh from make clean for sometime now. It seems that the last repo sync has introduced some build errors and notice that the toolchain has been updated to arm-linux-androideabi-4.6 - is it due to that?! Working on it, eager to test since so close to target.