Advent Vega kernel source code now available!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ejtagle

I'm pretty sure I am only blanking FB1 not FB2 which is hdmi. Our panel file is here. I am hoping you can point me to the "console autoblanking." I would like to make sure I do not have that enabled. I will dig into the pwm backlight data also and report back if that fixes anything. Thanks for the help.

fosser2

EDIT: from the looks of it my ".check_fb" function is the same as yours.

Yes,your check_fb is ok. On our kernel, we have an early_suspend callback that does the blanking and also switches to conservative governor...

#ifdef CONFIG_HAS_EARLYSUSPEND

n10_panel_early_suspender.suspend = n10_panel_early_suspend;

n10_panel_early_suspender.resume = n10_panel_late_resume;

n10_panel_early_suspender.level = EARLY_SUSPEND_LEVEL_DISABLE_FB;

register_early_suspend(&n10_panel_early_suspender);

#endif

I failed to find that code on your smba related files. That piece of code is the one that must be carefully checked...

• 2 months later...
Guest vasudevan

Here is the compiled RIL

Just downloading and pasting this compiled RIL in /system/lib folder is enough or we have t follow some other procedures?. please help me

Vasu

Guest Scanno

Just downloading and pasting this compiled RIL in /system/lib folder is enough or we have t follow some other procedures?. please help me

Vasu

What are you trying to do?

That RIL is already included in the vegabean and cm10.1 ROMs ???

Guest DerArtem

I will also post here my latest bluetooth attempts. On the ui, everything seems to work, but, i was unable to make a bt connection, so guessing something is still missing... Nevertheless, it will be interesting to know if someone is able to actually use the bluetooth...

I am attaching 2 archives:

>The first one contains my latest libbt-vendor, that is required so bluedroid knows how to talk to the hci layer of the linux kernel

>The 2nd one is the required files that must be installed in /etc/bluetooth so the the libbtvendor is able to properly configure the bluetooth chipset

I was also experimenting with BT:

In order to make the UI work I had to add the folowing code to src/userial_vendor.c:

/* Set the socket to UP */

if (ioctl(vnd_netlink.fd, HCIDEVUP, vnd_netlink.dev_id) < 0) {

ALOGE("Can't bring up device");

}

Has somebody any progress with BT?

Guest DerArtem

I have found the following:

http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/30629/

"TTY emulation for user-space Bluetooth stacks over HCI-H4"

"tty_hci driver exposes a /dev/hci_tty character device node, that intends to

emulate a generic /dev/ttyX device that would be used by the user-space

Bluetooth stacks to send/receive data to/from the WL combo-connectivity

chipsets."

Maybe this can be adapted to our devices?

Edited by DerArtem

• 1 month later...
Guest Scanno

@Ejtagle...

Was working on CM10.2 (Android 4.3). Sadly kernel is not booting. I am getting a bootloop (but now splash yet) and also no adb access.

Any suggestions where to look at ?

I could upload my build result if that helps for you.

Any way to see what could be causing this?

The kernel is used as is. The init.rc is patched with the new init.rc from android 4.3 (with the old init.rc also no boot).

Guest ejtagle

@Ejtagle...

Was working on CM10.2 (Android 4.3). Sadly kernel is not booting. I am getting a bootloop (but now splash yet) and also no adb access.

Any suggestions where to look at ?

I could upload my build result if that helps for you.

Any way to see what could be causing this?

The kernel is used as is. The init.rc is patched with the new init.rc from android 4.3 (with the old init.rc also no boot).

Yes, there is a way to get logs... You will need to use fastboot... The idea is to enable the option ANDROID_LOGGER_TO_KMSG in kernel config (i wrote it for the rel15r7 kernel, so you should have it). That option will redirect the android log to the kernel syslog. The syslog is stored in ram, but, if the system reboots, or if you are quick enough with force turning off and then turning on tablet, you will be able to get the log as lastkmsg... Alternatively, assuming the init.d script is working, just redirect the android log to the sdcard... ;) ...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest ejtagle

Hello Ejtagle,

Thanks for creating hwcomposer wrapper, works very good with Android 4.2.

Any plans on 4.3 or even 4.4 support? 

Probably yes, it depends on the amount of free tiime i am able to dedicate to 4.4 kitkat .... ;)

• 3 months later...
Guest Cass67

Probably yes, it depends on the amount of free tiime i am able to dedicate to 4.4 kitkat .... ;)

Hopefully you had some time as it needs some work from what i looked at so far ;)