Advent Vega kernel source code now available!

Guest PaulOBrien

Welcome back Cass! :).

While brucelee666 is tring to compile with eduardo's lunch I will try the one Cass provided.

Kind Regards,

Areo

Edit:

Cass your lunch target won't even start compiling. It needs some tweaking, I do not have tme to look at it now, but it's something within the su folder.

Edited by Areo

Guest Cass67
Welcome back Cass! .

While brucelee666 is tring to compile with eduardo's lunch I will try the one Cass provided.

Kind Regards,

Areo

Edit:

Cass your lunch target won't even start compiling. It needs some tweaking, I do not have tme to look at it now, but it's something within the su folder.

Ahh yeah remove that from the makefile, I may have that removed from my tree

Compiling seems to go ok now with Cass lunch target.

I forgot to include nvidia drivers for 4.0.4 but these can be added later right?

Kind Regards,

Areo

Guest Scanno

I forgot to include nvidia drivers for 4.0.4 but these can be added later right?

Kind Regards,

Areo

I guess not because my build failed last night because of a missing lib. Or perhaps i am missing something else. But that was with eduardo's lunch target. Did you change anything to get cass his lunch target to work?

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Vision met Tapatalk

Edited by Scanno

Guest brucelee666

Ok got Eduardos lunch setup to compile last night took around 4 and a half hours on a Ubuntu VM with 4gb ram.

Will compile a doc and post with changes I made, not looked at Cass's setup to see any differences or got round to developing the output into a complete rom but thats the next stage.

I do have system/recovery/boot images at the end so everything seemed to go ok and not many changes required.

edit:- added doc for changes to Eduardos lunch setup

These are only changes that should get you to compile and will probably still need tidyng up and possibly other amendments to 4.0.4 to get a working system.img.

lunch_amend.txt

Edited by brucelee666

Guest Scanno

Ok got Eduardos lunch setup to compile last night took around 4 and a half hours on a Ubuntu VM with 4gb ram.

Will compile a doc and post with changes I made, not looked at Cass's setup to see any differences or got round to developing the output into a complete rom but thats the next stage.

I do have system/recovery/boot images at the end so everything seemed to go ok and not many changes required.

edit:- added doc for changes to Eduardos lunch setup

These are only changes that should get you to compile and will probably still need tidyng up and possibly other amendments to 4.0.4 to get a working system.img.

Thanks for the effort. Regarding your added text file... I guess it is best to use the boot.img and the compiled huawei ril (from the sources posted by eduardo) that i posted a while back. That contains the boot.img that eduardo compiled with the changes he thinks is needed to make 3g work.

Offcourse you can compile it yourself :-)

3GUpdate.zip

Edited by Scanno

Guest Cass67

Kind Regards,

Areo

Yes I always copy everything extra after the compile. Not got round to adding it all nice yet.. its on the list ;)

Android 4.0.4 compiled with the lunch Cass provided.

Will try to get it boot (didn't tried it yet). I will post the fresh compiled android and maybe the bootable one tonight :).

Any specific thing I need to add?

@scanno:

I already thought about making a git for the lunches and an updated kernel but didn't have the time for it yet. Maybe you can do it?

Kind Regards,

Areo

Edit:

My first attempt to make it boot failed (as I expected :P).

I am now uploading the clean compiled android 4.0.4 (these do not include the nvidia drivers!).

And I am uploading my first attempt. You guys are free to play with it ;).

Links:

clean: http://www.sendspace.com/file/x4ujjc

first attempt: http://www.sendspace.com/file/awf8di

Areo

Edited by Areo

Guest brucelee666

Cass,

When 4.0.3 was released it caused a problem due to "ALLOW_DEQUEUE_CURRENT_BUFFER" changes, this was discussed in posts here and here.

Question is are you still setting this to false (think answer maybe yes) or did kernel changes or new libs/binaries mean you don't need to change this ?

Guest Cass67

Cass,

When 4.0.3 was released it caused a problem due to "ALLOW_DEQUEUE_CURRENT_BUFFER" changes, this was discussed in posts here and here.

Question is are you still setting this to false (think answer maybe yes) or did kernel changes or new libs/binaries mean you don't need to change this ?

Still disabling this.. yes..

Guest ejtagle

It could be nice if we merge Cass and my lunch targets into one. The main problem right now is that Cass lunch does not configure the 3G/Wifi connections properly, making the framework disable both at the same time. My lunch target is based on wingra, panda and adamlunchs, trying to get thosefeatures we need working. I will also try to fully compile it. I am still waiting for new ram modules for my computer, hopefully, next monday i ll receive them... We need to integrate the AR600x wifi module to AOSP (i also have a preliminary patch for that) ...

Points to attack (in no particular order)

-To use linux 3.1 kernel (last time i tried, it did not boot, have to figure out why)

-Wifi fixes (instead of turning off module, use WoW mode... To make that change, an slight edit on the ar600x sources is required)

-3G support. It is a framework issue. It should already be addressed in my lunch target (copied the idea from the adam lunch target)

-Sound issues.. (maybe implement an audio queue, and try to avoid using the android resampler, as seems not to be working sometimes)

-Camera issues... (improve compatibility)

Eduardo

Guest Scanno

@Areo I will have a go at the github stuff. Already have my sources for the touch recovery on there.

I build the recovery using the cm7 repo which has a lunch target for the vega. It also has some files for the recovery that override the default ones. So perhaps we should have a look at that lunch target also, well at least for the recovery part.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Vision met Tapatalk

Guest Cass67

It could be nice if we merge Cass and my lunch targets into one. The main problem right now is that Cass lunch does not configure the 3G/Wifi connections properly, making the framework disable both at the same time. My lunch target is based on wingra, panda and adamlunchs, trying to get thosefeatures we need working. I will also try to fully compile it. I am still waiting for new ram modules for my computer, hopefully, next monday i ll receive them... We need to integrate the AR600x wifi module to AOSP (i also have a preliminary patch for that) ...

Points to attack (in no particular order)

-To use linux 3.1 kernel (last time i tried, it did not boot, have to figure out why)

-Wifi fixes (instead of turning off module, use WoW mode... To make that change, an slight edit on the ar600x sources is required)

-3G support. It is a framework issue. It should already be addressed in my lunch target (copied the idea from the adam lunch target)

-Sound issues.. (maybe implement an audio queue, and try to avoid using the android resampler, as seems not to be working sometimes)

-Camera issues... (improve compatibility)

Eduardo

Just noticed the lunch i posted was an old one i must have uploaded for someone before we added the newer wifi stuff to the boardconfig so its probably not the best one to use right now .. (apologies if y'all used it as the wifi stuff is not so nice) ..

ill have a look at your bsp and try to combine later tonight if i get a chance ..

I have 4.0.4 compiled but its not booting right now, spinning on netd, looks like something with graphics if history is anything to go by in this build .. im working on that just now .. its some stupid lib im guessing ...

EDIT :- link to current lunch i use here

the lunch i use now needs the extra wifi stuff Eduardo posted a while back, provides the working wifi signal icon etc ... fails compile without that stuff

Edited by Cass67

Guest Scanno

@All who are working on vegaics

I have setup a team / organisation named vegaics on github. I have added Cass his latest lunch target and i am making a manifest so we can pull everything nicely and override default repo's from AOSP.

Please give me your github accounts by PM or if you do not have them please create them. I wil add you guys to the github team so you can have write access to the repo's.

So we can now do:

repo init -u git://github.com/vegaics/android.git

to get AOSP and the lunch target from Cass put into device/advent/vega

I know that it will not work because it has dependencies to the wingray, but we could solve that. Offcourse we can also change the default.xml in the android.git and override the default wingray config. I still have to figure out how it works with the revisions, but i think it should work now

Also we can remove the repo's from AOSP that we do not need.

The default.xml points to the AOSP repo's and has the default tag for 4.0.4. Oh well you can see this for yourselfs :-)

Edited by Scanno

@All who are working on vegaics

I have setup a team / organisation named vegaics on github. I have added Cass his latest lunch target and i am making a manifest so we can pull everything nicely and override default repo's from AOSP.

Please give me your github accounts by PM or if you do not have them please create them. I wil add you guys to the github team so you can have write access to the repo's.

So we can now do:

repo init -u git://github.com/vegaics/android.git

to get AOSP and the lunch target from Cass put into device/advent/vega

I know that it will not work because it has dependencies to the wingray, but we could solve that. Offcourse we can also change the default.xml in the android.git and override the default wingray config. I still have to figure out how it works with the revisions, but i think it should work now

Also we can remove the repo's from AOSP that we do not need.

The default.xml points to the AOSP repo's and has the default tag for 4.0.4. Oh well you can see this for yourselfs :-)

Very nice :).

My git username = AreoGit

Also we can get the kernel updated on it ;).

Kind Regards,

Areo

Guest Daedric1383

You have access

I have a humble request, on the vegaics thread one can read:

3G, let us know if it works, if not provide logcat and dmesg. Should

work fine for data, voice and sms will require an Android recompile to

add those features, no time to do right now, will do later once 3G is

confirmed to work, i dont have it so cant test.

Can 4.0.4 be compiled with this? Be able to do calls from my Viewpad would be awesome, but i would be immensely happy with 3G or GPS :)

Edited by Daedric1383

Guest ejtagle

I have a humble request, on the vegaics thread one can read:

Can 4.0.4 be compiled with this? Be able to do calls from my Viewpad would be awesome, but i would be immensely happy with 3G or GPS :)

Working on that ;) -- I already have a working lunch target... :o

Guest Scanno

Working on that ;) -- I already have a working lunch target... :o

Do you want to publish your lunch target on the vegaics github ???

Guest Cass67

I have no problems doing so... ;)

Is this the same target as the one posted a few pages ago? about to start combining mine with yours, id rather not if yours is a-ok ....

I also requested Scanno change the git slightly as this appears to pull all of AOSP too .. seems heavy handed to me ... id prefer just the vega board files in the git and not full AOSP.. could be im mistaken but it looks that way when i pulled it ... ended up killing my repo :)

Guest ejtagle

Is this the same target as the one posted a few pages ago? about to start combining mine with yours, id rather not if yours is a-ok ....

I also requested Scanno change the git slightly as this appears to pull all of AOSP too .. seems heavy handed to me ... id prefer just the vega board files in the git and not full AOSP.. could be im mistaken but it looks that way when i pulled it ... ended up killing my repo :)

It is slightly fixed. For example, now it compiles and places all files in the proper locations... ;)

shuttle-lunch-04-09-2012.part1.rar