Advent Vega kernel source code now available!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest richardmlea

Hi all,

I came to say goodbye. I dropped my tablet a few days ago and the screen is now cracked.

I justed wanted to say good job on this tablet. I hope you do well in the future.

If youwant a spare tablet or dock, i have it on sale here on modaco.

good luck to all of you.

Kind Regards,

Areo

"just when i thought i was out they pull me back in"

While I realize you are probably already onto your next project are you sure you wont reconsider? I have replacement touchscreens and would be happy to do you one at a special price. This would be in respect for you for your pasts effort's and not intended as an obligation to continue work (although any future work will be appreciated by many here and on TR).

Regardless, thank you for all your work and good luck in your future project's

Guest Daedric1383

Hi all,

I came to say goodbye. I dropped my tablet a few days ago and the screen is now cracked.

I justed wanted to say good job on this tablet. I hope you do well in the future.

If youwant a spare tablet or dock, i have it on sale here on modaco.

good luck to all of you.

Kind Regards,

Areo

Sorry for your "loss" :(

Regarding the sale, if you don't take richardmlea's offer, where can i find it ? :D

Anyhow, thank you for all that you have done for all of us.

@richardmlea:

Nice atitude, highly respectable.

------------------------ // -------------------------

Kernel talk:

I was looking at a ADAM's thread, and i saw this regarding the mixed wifi/bluetooth antena:

Bluetooth uses Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (79, 1Mhz channels) and Wi-Fi uses Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (83Mhz, 11 channels). When both are operating the Bluetooth will avoid the 22 Bluetooth channels the WI-Fi is using.)

Can this be implemented? ejtagle? :D

Alsom bumped into this... http://cjix.info/blog/files/nitdroid/AR6003Android.pdf

Edited by Daedric1383

Guest ejtagle

Sorry for your "loss"

Regarding the sale, if you don't take richardmlea's offer, where can i find it ?

@richardmlea:

Kernel talk:

I was looking at a ADAM's thread, and i saw this regarding the mixed wifi/bluetooth antena:

Can this be implemented? ejtagle?

Alsom bumped into this... http://cjix.info/blo...6003Android.pdf

Using the abtfilt, that should be included and running in the latest ROMS, this skipping should already be working. What i do suspect is that the bluetooth "skips" are caused by a mismatch between the UART speed in the tegra2 SoC and the UART speed in the bluetooth chipset. There is more than 10% error in speed, due to base clock of the UART used in the tegra.. This can be fixed by using 3000000 bps as bitrate in both bluetooth and tegra uarts, and it should be as easy to fix as editing the ramdisk to make sure nv_hciattach uses that speed.

The other fix would be to recompile the kernel and make sure a higher speed clock is used as base clock for the tegra UART... I think it is better right now to port to the 3.1 kernel, that has LP0 support and does not have wakeup issues, and also implements a far better UART base clock selection algorithm that probably would also fix bluetooth...

;)

Sorry for your "loss"

Regarding the sale, if you don't take richardmlea's offer, where can i find it ?

@richardmlea:

Kernel talk:

Can this be implemented? ejtagle?

Alsom bumped into this... http://cjix.info/blo...6003Android.pdf

Hi,

I didn't take his offer. Here it is: http://www.modaco.com/topic/355057-cracked-screen-vega-and-dock-for-sale-from-honeyice-dev/

I hope you want it :P

Kind Regards,

Areo

Guest Alexzandro

Sad to hear that Aero, thanks for all Your highly recommended work.

Back to topic, thanks to Scanno and all the Dream Team work' I am now replying to this thread with

VegaCream pulled on my Pov Mobii device via Nvflash( I tried once with .zip in clockw recv. and I got a bootloop,

I was in fact on HoneyIce Chimera ). Time to go to Paypal account.

Keep up the good work, always running at 1000 mhz should not be the best for device.

Regards

Alessandro.

Guest Daedric1383

Using the abtfilt, that should be included and running in the latest ROMS, this skipping should already be working. What i do suspect is that the bluetooth "skips" are caused by a mismatch between the UART speed in the tegra2 SoC and the UART speed in the bluetooth chipset. There is more than 10% error in speed, due to base clock of the UART used in the tegra.. This can be fixed by using 3000000 bps as bitrate in both bluetooth and tegra uarts, and it should be as easy to fix as editing the ramdisk to make sure nv_hciattach uses that speed.

The other fix would be to recompile the kernel and make sure a higher speed clock is used as base clock for the tegra UART... I think it is better right now to port to the 3.1 kernel, that has LP0 support and does not have wakeup issues, and also implements a far better UART base clock selection algorithm that probably would also fix bluetooth...

But wasn't the bluetooth skips caused by Wifi and BT using the same antena ?

Guest ejtagle

But wasn't the bluetooth skips caused by Wifi and BT using the same antena ?

I really doubt it. There is hardware to be able to share the antennae ... And that hardware is enabled with the abtfilt daemon. So, skipping must be caused by another thing... When we did HoneyComb for the advent tablet, this issue was fixed...

Guest Scanno

@All,

I would like to recompile the ar6000 driver (ar6000.ko) Does anyone have the source code that i can just recompile ?

I have recompiled the 2.6.39.4 kernel and the ar6000 module is nagging about version magic in dmesg. Guess i have to recompile the ar6000 driver.

From dmegs:

[  441.327255] ar6000: version magic '2.6.39.4 VegaICS+ SMP preempt mod_unload ARMv7 ' should be '2.6.39.4-VegaCream SMP preempt mod_unload ARMv7 '

The driver does not get loaded. I would like to change because now the kernel version is shown in the settings/about.

Edited by Scanno

Guest ejtagle

@All,

I would like to recompile the ar6000 driver (ar6000.ko) Does anyone have the source code that i can just recompile ?

I have recompiled the 2.6.39.4 kernel and the ar6000 module is nagging about version magic in dmesg. Guess i have to recompile the ar6000 driver.

From dmegs:

[  441.327255] ar6000: version magic '2.6.39.4 VegaICS+ SMP preempt mod_unload ARMv7 ' should be '2.6.39.4-VegaCream SMP preempt mod_unload ARMv7 '

The driver does not get loaded. I would like to change because now the kernel version is shown in the settings/about.

Yes, you need to recompile the wifi module against the exact kernel version and config for it to work... ;)

Guest Scanno

Yes, you need to recompile the wifi module against the exact kernel version and config for it to work...

But do you know where i can find the sources i need ?

Guest ejtagle

@All,

From dmegs:

Yes, you need to recompile the wifi module against the exact kernel version and config for it to work... ;)

Use the following module sources, as they include special support for the shuttle ...

Guest Scanno

You need to recompile the kernel module. Please use the attached version, as it has special support for the shuttle ...

Thanks... Do i need to do something special to build this. I see you have a build script made.. Where does ATH_LINUXPATH have to point to? The root of the kernel sources?

Tried compiling, but get errors:

menno@asus:~/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151$ ./buildita.sh

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host'

mkdir --parents /home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/.output/tegra-sdio/image

mkdir --parents /home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/.output/bin

make  ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/home/menno/vegacream/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.0/bin/arm-eabi- -C ~/vegacream/kernel/rel-14r7-test ATH_HIF_TYPE=`echo sdio | tr [:upper:] [:lower:]` SUBDIRS=/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux modules

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/rel-14r7-test'

CC [M]  /home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../hif/sdio/linux_sdio/src/hif.o

CC [M]  /home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../htc2/AR6000/ar6k.o

CC [M]  /home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../htc2/AR6000/ar6k_events.o

CC [M]  /home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../htc2/htc_send.o

CC [M]  /home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../htc2/htc_recv.o

CC [M]  /home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../htc2/htc_services.o

CC [M]  /home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../htc2/htc.o

CC [M]  /home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../bmi/src/bmi.o

CC [M]  /home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.o

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c: In function 'ar6000_wow_suspend':

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:809: error: 'TASK_INTERRUPTIBLE' undeclared (first use in this function)

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:809: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:809: error: for each function it appears in.)

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:809: error: implicit declaration of function 'signal_pending'

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:809: error: implicit declaration of function 'schedule_timeout'

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c: In function 'ar6000_init':

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:2921: error: 'TASK_INTERRUPTIBLE' undeclared (first use in this function)

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c: In function 'ar6000_bitrate_rx':

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:2961: error: 'TASK_NORMAL' undeclared (first use in this function)

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c: In function 'ar6000_ratemask_rx':

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:2970: error: 'TASK_NORMAL' undeclared (first use in this function)

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c: In function 'ar6000_txPwr_rx':

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:2979: error: 'TASK_NORMAL' undeclared (first use in this function)

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c: In function 'ar6000_channelList_rx':

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:2991: error: 'TASK_NORMAL' undeclared (first use in this function)

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c: In function 'ar6000_tx_complete':

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:3585: error: 'TASK_NORMAL' undeclared (first use in this function)

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c: In function 'ar6000_get_iwstats':

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:4023: error: 'TASK_INTERRUPTIBLE' undeclared (first use in this function)

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c: In function 'ar6000_ready_event':

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:4049: error: 'TASK_NORMAL' undeclared (first use in this function)

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c: In function 'ar6000_scanComplete_event':

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:4579: error: 'TASK_INTERRUPTIBLE' undeclared (first use in this function)

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c: In function 'ar6000_targetStats_event':

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:4660: error: 'TASK_NORMAL' undeclared (first use in this function)

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c: In function 'ar6000_keepalive_rx':

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:5252: error: 'TASK_NORMAL' undeclared (first use in this function)

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c: In function 'ar6000_set_wlan_state':

/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.c:5701: error: 'TASK_INTERRUPTIBLE' undeclared (first use in this function)

make[3]: *** [/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/ar6000_drv.o] Error 1

make[2]: *** [_module_/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux] Error 2

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/rel-14r7-test'

make[1]: *** [modules] Error 2

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host'

make: *** [.subdirs] Error 2

menno@asus:~/vegacream/kernel/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151$

Edited by Scanno

Guest fosser2

ejtagle,

I'm wondering how you guys use fastboot on the vega. Is it nativly supported or am I missing something. With the Gtablet, we only have apx mode.

Guest Cass67
ejtagle,

I'm wondering how you guys use fastboot on the vega. Is it nativly supported or am I missing something. With the Gtablet, we only have apx mode.

We can get to fastboot mode only when there is no boot partition info valid.. format that partition with nvflash and it may drop to fastboot mode like vega..

Cass

Guest Scanno

I really do not get it. I must be missing something. Cannot get the ar6000 module to builc correctly. Some help would be nice. I keep getting the errors in my previous post.

Guest ejtagle

I really do not get it. I must be missing something. Cannot get the ar6000 module to builc correctly. Some help would be nice. I keep getting the errors in my previous post.

You need to point the ATH_LINUXPATH to the root of the linux kernel tree :) ... include/linux/sched.h contains the definitions you need...

Edited by ejtagle

Guest Scanno

You need to point the ATH_LINUXPATH to the root of the linux kernel tree ... include/linux/sched.h contains the definitions you need...

I did that, but still the build errors. I do not get it. All the dirs are set correct ?? Are there more environment settings needed?

Edited by Scanno

Guest ejtagle

I did that, but still the build errors. I do not get it. All the dirs are set correct ?? Are there more environment settings needed?

Make sure you have those definitions in sched,h ... To be sure that the exact sched,h is being included, modify it and add

#error FILE INCLUDED

to force a compilation error if the file is included ...

Guest Scanno

Make sure you have those definitions in sched,h ... To be sure that the exact sched,h is being included, modify it and add

#error FILE INCLUDED

to force a compilation error if the file is included ...

It is included:

./buildita.sh

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/menno/vegacream/device/nvidia/shuttle/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host'

mkdir --parents /home/menno/vegacream/device/nvidia/shuttle/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/.output/tegra-sdio/image

mkdir --parents /home/menno/vegacream/device/nvidia/shuttle/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/.output/bin

make  ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/home/menno/vegacream/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.0/bin/arm-eabi- -C /home/menno/vegacream/kernel/rel-14r7-test ATH_HIF_TYPE=`echo sdio | tr [:upper:] [:lower:]` SUBDIRS=/home/menno/vegacream/device/nvidia/shuttle/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux modules

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/rel-14r7-test'

CC [M]  /home/menno/vegacream/device/nvidia/shuttle/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../hif/sdio/linux_sdio/src/hif.o

In file included from include/linux/mmc/host.h:14,

from /home/menno/vegacream/device/nvidia/shuttle/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../hif/sdio/linux_sdio/src/hif.c:23:

include/linux/sched.h:4:2: error: #error FILE INCLUDED

make[3]: *** [/home/menno/vegacream/device/nvidia/shuttle/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux/../../hif/sdio/linux_sdio/src/hif.o] Error 1

make[2]: *** [_module_/home/menno/vegacream/device/nvidia/shuttle/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host/os/linux] Error 2

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/rel-14r7-test'

make[1]: *** [modules] Error 2

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/menno/vegacream/device/nvidia/shuttle/AR6kSDK-CAF/AR6kSDK.2.2.1.151/host'

make: *** [.subdirs] Error 2

I am using the following make command:

make ANDROID_ENV=1 ANDROID=1 ATH_LINUXPATH=/home/menno/vegacream/kernel/rel-14r7-test ATH_CROSS_COMPILE_TYPE=/home/menno/vegacream/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.0/bin/arm-eabi-

Edited by Scanno

Guest Cass67

wrong reply from me. Oops

Edited by Cass67

Guest Cass67
Cass,

If we format our boot partition it throws a "magic value mismatch" error. Does the vega also get that?

Not at all mate.. just works.. don't have exact command to hand.. ill post what I do when I'm near a keyboard..

Guest Scanno

@Eduardo,

I do not know what is wrong in compiling the ar6000 module. The kernel include file gets loaded correctly because there are sources compiled that needs sched.h I have also tried compiling in ubuntu 10.04, but there i have a too old glibc. I am compiling on ubuntu 12.04, so i guess there must be some environment setting not correct or some other dependencies. I cannot find a solution...