low res in gallery app and setting as background

Guest clockwork_LS

Guest clockwork_LS

i wanted to add some cool background images to the tab so i put them onto the internal storage, and set one as the background, but to my surprise, the picture is all pixelated, in every single way possible i have tried, the result is the same from an image of 2200 × 1066 (jpg) as well as tried with a png file and it did the same, is this common? i remember adding other images as backgrounds (prior to root and modaco rom flash) and this conversion not happening.

Then i realized that the problem is not in using them as backgrounds, but even in the gallery app they have a low resolution, without being able to zoom in to its true resolution before it going almost block like.

any idea anyone?

Guest charon72

Take a look at the hacked Gallery3d app..

you can find it in the xda android section for sure.

Otherwise i use Large image viewer.

also es file explorer's built in pic viewer can set wallpeper without quality loss ;)

Hope it helps.

Guest clockwork_LS
Take a look at the hacked Gallery3d app..

you can find it in the xda android section for sure.

Otherwise i use Large image viewer.

also es file explorer's built in pic viewer can set wallpeper without quality loss ;)

Hope it helps.

Hey thanks for the tip, having some difficulty getting rid of the old Gallery3D.apk in /system/app/

trying to change the permission so i can get rid of it, "chmod 755" but it wont let me in while in SU.

Also would it be a good idea to ask paul to have this hacked version in the MoDaCo rom?

Guest charon72
Hey thanks for the tip, having some difficulty getting rid of the old Gallery3D.apk in /system/app/

trying to change the permission so i can get rid of it, "chmod 755" but it wont let me in while in SU.

Also would it be a good idea to ask paul to have this hacked version in the MoDaCo rom?

The hacked gallery 3d is also available as a zip file to flash in recovery, but i must admit i havent tried it on the tab yet ;)

on my desire it works flawless, but on some roms it makes FC.