disappearing email in gmail

Does anyone experience the following issue with fibs 2.2 R6 rom.

1. You receive an email

2. You open your Gmail app. Tap on the email and read it.

3. You press your back button to in back to your inbox.

4. The email you've just read is no longer there.

5. You look in all your folders but can't find it anywhere, it's as though it never existed.

It doesn't happened all the time. Just once or twice a day. I really hope it's not this rom, because this is the best one I've tried so far, so please let me know if it's happened to you.

Guest swordtail
Does anyone experience the following issue with fibs 2.2 R6 rom.

1. You receive an email

2. You open your Gmail app. Tap on the email and read it.

3. You press your back button to in back to your inbox.

4. The email you've just read is no longer there.

5. You look in all your folders but can't find it anywhere, it's as though it never existed.

It doesn't happened all the time. Just once or twice a day. I really hope it's not this rom, because this is the best one I've tried so far, so please let me know if it's happened to you.

I would assume Gmail has assigned it as Junk mail and it will be in the trash folder.

Guest jonathonf

I've had this before and not with just one ROM (Hero on various ROMs, Blade with various including FLB r6 and JJ RLS1-8). I thought I was just being stupid, but I have had email apparently vanish, and not just from the phone. If I check the web interface after an email disappears it's also gone from Gmail proper - I have no idea what could cause this, and I haven't been able to work out exactly when it happens - it just happens.

Edited by jonathonf

Guest omega-t-k

happened to me one time too.. i was able to see the email header for a short time, and then it disappeared.. i thought it was a synchronization bug.. but when i went to my gmail account it wasnt there either... very strange!

• 1 month later...
Guest gigafunk

I have had this happen several times since owning my G1. It has happened randomly ever since I got it, but so randomly I feel like I am nuts. It just happened again, for sure, on an email I was writing a HUGE reply to. I got a call while writing the reply, finished the call and even went back to the email where it was saved as a draft, after the call finished.

Hit send, waited 2-3 seconds, an dthen pressed the hangup button to sleep it, and put it away. Now I get home, and no email. Searched for it by label and recipients name, no luck. Next, to the computer to find it with the browser client. no luck. Not in deleted items. Not in sent items, not in deleted, not in spam, not anywhere. Searched by recipients email address, name....nothing.

So I thought I would look into it and I found this thread with the usual "check your spam folder" type messages, and just wanna let anyone know thats it happens and it sucks.

This is my second G!, as the first fritzed out (camera app started to force close and not run one day, even after several rom reflashes and finally reflashing the earliest tmobile rom and reupdating it, thus "unrooting" it )and I got a warranty replacement. My first one I ran some different roms on (finally settled on cyanogen or whatever!) but this one I have left tmobile vanilla. And its done it throughout.

BUT its been an awesome phone otherwise! Back to rewrite an email!

*update*

I check my deleted items folder but not my "Trash" folder. What the hell the difference it, I dont know.

So I found the original message there and moved it to the inbox but my reply is still gone.

Edited by gigafunk