09/Feb r8 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Advent Vega with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest dudeofrude

Im loving vtl launcher, such a better ui. Only snag is the fact the wallpapers no longer scale correctly, any ideas how to fix this? Cheers

Guest Andylee210

one odd thing - i could have sworn that at least a couple of times I have switched the tablet off with lets say 70% charge and then next night switch on and its down to 12%! Im checking this as thought it was me (ie heavy using and not noticing the drop when switching off - still thinking it was high) anyone else had a similar occurrence?!

Guest beegee1962
Im loving vtl launcher, such a better ui. Only snag is the fact the wallpapers no longer scale correctly, any ideas how to fix this? Cheers

Search this forum for wallpapers. There was one post with an explanation how to dimension the wallpaper so that it looks good.

There was even a template for it.

Guest EvilEdenX

Top stuff mate! easily installed works like a dream...

one problem im having is with the autorotate. When its ON the programs only work portrait and when OFF they stay in landscape. This a known glitch? Was working fine on Cyanogen 7 previously before flashing?

Guest Drizz

Hey,

So I decided that My vega needed a fresh start so flashed it back to the original (al be it latest) ROM. Baked myself a new ROM and tried to install, it's a no go, all down the dam USB driver under Win7. So I thought I'll give the Linux installed a try. Awesome I thought it's working Deamon was started successfully....... but that's it. No reboot not nothing.

Here's what I did:

mark@SGC ~ $ chmod +x install-linux.sh

mark@SGC ~ $ ./install-linux.sh

Waiting for device... ensure USB Debugging is enabled in Settings-Applications-Development and connect to PC...

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

any help please?

Guest beegee1962
Hey,

So I decided that My vega needed a fresh start so flashed it back to the original (al be it latest) ROM. Baked myself a new ROM and tried to install, it's a no go, all down the dam USB driver under Win7. So I thought I'll give the Linux installed a try. Awesome I thought it's working Deamon was started successfully....... but that's it. No reboot not nothing.

Here's what I did:

any help please?

Check the Set USB configuration for your tablet part of my tutorial [Tutorial] ADB on (X)ubuntu. I guess that's what's missing.

Guest Drizz

Ahhh sorted it, was being a bit thick. forgot to sudo :mellow:

Working fine now. thanks for your time.

Edited by Drizz

Guest lewie1969

Hi

Just downloaded using the "Bake" option, gone to downloads and getting "cannot open file". Can anyone please help me with this?

Sorry to be so much of a prat!

Lewie

Guest Drizz

Well looks like I spoke too soon.

The install seemed to be going smoothly but ran into trouble. I get this error:

failed to copy 'files/system/lib/libicudata.so' to '/system/lib/libicudata.so': No space left on device

Creating Symlinks...

- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: Permission denied (13) -

and now the Vega is stuck a boot loop, I have the Android logo, then it goes of and pops back on.

Any idea as to what's going wrong?

Guest darren1970

Hi all

Wonder if anyone can help, like a lot of people, I'm struggling getting the ADB application to run on windows 7.

I've spent the last 11 or so hours following all the guidance found on this site & others but seem to be getting no-where!

Im trying now to manually add a legacy device in device manager, I can navigate to the folder where the driver has been downloaded, but I keep getting the following error message " The system cant find the file specified", this is after it spends 30 seconds looking like its going to run.

I've downloaded the files several times, tried them on another computer. But keep getting the same message.

Is it possible just to download the adb ini file without having to download all the other software?

Any help / advice greatly apprecited!

Guest beegee1962
Well looks like I spoke too soon.

The install seemed to be going smoothly but ran into trouble. I get this error:

and now the Vega is stuck a boot loop, I have the Android logo, then it goes of and pops back on.

Any idea as to what's going wrong?

The first error simply says that there is not enough space in the system partition to copy anymore files.

The second error is just based on the fact that not all files were copied.

Strange error.

Did you add anything to the system folder of your baked ROM? Usually the baked ROM should easy fit into any partition size that is around here.

Did you play around with partitions sizes like shown in this XDA thread?

You said in an earlier post you have to give your tablet a fresh start. What ROM did you have on your tablet before trying to flash the MoDaCo ROM? Maybe it helps if you flash a stock ROM first before flashing the MoDaCo ROM.

Guest Drizz
The first error simply says that there is not enough space in the system partition to copy anymore files.

The second error is just based on the fact that not all files were copied.

Strange error.

Did you add anything to the system folder of your baked ROM? Usually the baked ROM should easy fit into any partition size that is around here.

Did you play around with partitions sizes like shown in this XDA thread?

You said in an earlier post you have to give your tablet a fresh start. What ROM did you have on your tablet before trying to flash the MoDaCo ROM? Maybe it helps if you flash a stock ROM first before flashing the MoDaCo ROM.

I had r6 installed (I think) I downloaded the latest stock version from myadventvega and that did install after a couple attempts (getting into recovery issues)

As for my bake, I don't think I added anything more, I will re bake and make sure I don't have stuff I really don't need.

Thanks.

Guest beegee1962
I had r6 installed (I think) I downloaded the latest stock version from myadventvega and that did install after a couple attempts (getting into recovery issues)

As for my bake, I don't think I added anything more, I will re bake and make sure I don't have stuff I really don't need.

Thanks.

Never had r6 installed, so I do not know if this has a different partition table than r8.

Flashing stock gave you the partition size that r8 should fit in.

Keep us updated if you could flash r8.

Guest Drizz

OK so I thought I'd give it another go under windows. but it sticks at

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5057 *

* daemon started successfully *

Then I ran through setting up ADB manually, and even that fails. the driver installs but fails to start with a (code:10)

code10.png

Edited by Drizz

Guest simonta
OK so I thought I'd give it another go under windows. but it sticks at

Then I ran through setting up ADB manually, and even that fails. the driver installs but fails to start with a (code:10)

code10.png

Search for YAUDIG or AUDI. Try those.

Guest budgie74

hi all my head is hurting i have tried in the command prompt endlessly and am continually getting adb-windows.exe is not recognised i have checked my device debugging is activated yet nothing shows up in device manager on win 7 pc anyhelp is greatly appreciated many thanks

Guest simonta
hi all my head is hurting i have tried in the command prompt endlessly and am continually getting adb-windows.exe is not recognised i have checked my device debugging is activated yet nothing shows up in device manager on win 7 pc anyhelp is greatly appreciated many thanks

What do you mean "not recognised"?

Do you get "adb-windows.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command"?

In device manager, when you plug the Vega in with USB Debugging enabled, do you see "Android Phone"?

adb-windows.exe and nothing in device manager are two separate problems. Please provide more detail.

Guest budgie74
What do you mean "not recognised"?

Do you get "adb-windows.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command"?

In device manager, when you plug the Vega in with USB Debugging enabled, do you see "Android Phone"?

adb-windows.exe and nothing in device manager are two separate problems. Please provide more detail.

no i cant get anything recognised in device manager not android or nvidia in other devices nothing.

yes is not recognised as an internal or external command many thanks

Guest budgie74
no i cant get anything recognised in device manager not android or nvidia in other devices nothing.

yes is not recognised as an internal or external command many thanks

thanks for all help i am getting to tired now think i need to sleep on it and restart in the morning cheers again for all advice

Guest budgie74

once again i am struggling to get my vega to appear in device manager appears as a storage drive but nothing in device manager have enabled debugging am just trying to put in the new rom yet for some reason am finding it really difficult many thanks

Guest Stephen.n

Hi

I've just purchased the advent vega (love it so far!) and became a member so I could download the custom rom without ads.

I have installed it with not too much trouble but I have ads!

Did I do the download wrong (I did use the kitchen) or are ads appearing because I now have downloaded apps?

Thanks

stephen

Guest simonta
Hi

I've just purchased the advent vega (love it so far!) and became a member so I could download the custom rom without ads.

I have installed it with not too much trouble but I have ads!

Did I do the download wrong (I did use the kitchen) or are ads appearing because I now have downloaded apps?

Thanks

stephen

Where are you seeing ads? Do you mean on the Vega? Modaco ad free means no ads on the Modaco site. It will show "add free"" in the top left.