[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

Guest fonix232
/care :D

like I said it's just there if people want it. it's not a race or who can be better than the other, it's just a contribution.

and I don't like your mod, I think you added stuff that isn't original to CM7 & removed stuff some people would have liked.

if someone wants a Beta 3 with added random stuff like wallpapers and some stuff removed that they might like, go with yours.

if they want a Beta 3 rom with just the fixes go with mine.

Up to the users, simple.

Maaan, I can't believe you can't see I was joking :huh:

The whole "pwned" stuff was a simple joke :P Simply made myself a package I prefer, and shared. No hard feelings, right? :P

Guest punkmilitia

:P ahh no hard feelings fonix.

Cyanogen 7 B3r2 - Unnoficial update for those who want an original CM7 with fixes they can't/don't want to do themselfs.

Fixes: (stuff in italics = new stuff since previous build.)

Keyboard

Video overlay

APN list fixed

Forgot to add something in last build

Might of been a launcher tweak but I forgot (hangover from last night = forget stuff) if it seems faster, please say!

Download: BladeCyanogenMod7B3r2

Size: 84.7MB zip / 123.2MB when extracted

MD5SUM: 7eca2a35823b31f2b299e3fd737118bb

How to Install:

Before installing CyanogenMod7, make sure you have the Latest Clockwork otherwise you will run into problems.

Once you know you have the latest clockwork, simply wipe then install Cyanogen then if you want gapps Click Here to download them then simply flash them on with clockwork. (reason I didn't add them into rom was because CM frown upon it.)

I am not responsible if you obtain any misfortunes.

No need to thank me for releasing any of these, the person you should thank is TomG for releasing CM7 for blade & others who contribute to the bug fixes, thanks for your time. :D

Edited by punkmilitia

Guest skymera

Is it possible to package the modified files into a smaller update zip rather than the entire ROM?

Downloading near 100MB every time gets tedious.

Also CM7 calls are not working through headset nor are the headset button =\

Edited by skymera

Guest punkmilitia
Is it possible to package the modified files into a smaller update zip rather than the entire ROM?

Downloading near 100MB every time gets tedious.

Also CM7 calls are not working through headset nor are the headset button =\

I suppose I could make a zip of the modified files so they overwrite the old ones when you clockwork them.

Next release I'l lsee what I can do for ya :P I should be able to, next release will probably only be a day away anyway..

and tbh, if you have b3r1 and your APN is ok, it's not really worth updating to B3r2 IMO.

Edited by punkmilitia

I suppose I could make a zip of the modified files so they overwrite the old ones when you clockwork them.

Next release I'l lsee what I can do for ya :P I should be able to, next release will probably only be a day away anyway..

and tbh, if you have b3r1 and your APN is ok, it's not really worth updating to B3r2 IMO.

yes this is good idea,my limited data plan is running out fast.lol. What we talking here like an update zip or something. And thanks for these fixes,good work. And always,big thanks to Tom G for making this all possible

Edited by Guest

Guest serrias

Yes a small .zip for updating is a good idea, Will be much more convenient, that said, it is also nice to have the whole rom released on the larger updates atleast :P

Guest ex-efixxer
Change log

CM7

For change log see git history at github.

11 Feb 2011 beta 3 md5:

Known problems.

Preview for camera doesn't work

Video camera doesn't work

OMX has problems with video overlays. Delete /system/lib/libmm-adspsvc.so as a temporary fix.

7 Feb 2011 beta 2 md5: 5a9fdfc2c931a0e21aa66de8648a664f

Fixed EGL

Added Omx libs

GPS working (no reboot).

Some sensors working (no light or proximity)

Camera works. Video camera does not. No preview in camera.

There is a problem with surfaceflinger/egl that will sometimes blank (white) the screen.

Lights would work, but I forgot to include the lib.

4 Feb 2011 beta 1 md5: 39a9613d64e61823cfe4799d965328e1

CM6

5 Feb 2011 beta 2 md5: 6dda855640a45e245338c86c892af4c6

Fixed EGL.

Fixed lights.

Added Omx libs

Move dalvik-cache to /data. 40MB isn't enough space.

Fixed power button.

Fixed sensors. It worked in beta1, but I accidentally removed a file in beta 1.1. The prox sensor is working, but it looks like the phone app doesn't recognise it.

Fixed GPS.

New bug. Phone reboots if you turn off gps and turn it back on. Solution- Dont turn it off. The Pulse had the same problem when I built a gps lib for it.

4 Feb 2011 beta 1.1 md5: aac1351923648de139eb0118f8569869

Fixed "CyanogenMod setting" force close.

4 Feb 2011 beta 1 md5: 6d82095b796c705518d4a5503f51013e

Hi TomG,

i highly appreciate your work, thanks for doing this!

have you heard about this bug?

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=14013

could you please include this fix in the ongoing development!?

anyway, if welcome i would like to give some suggestions for making Cyanogen Mod the safer Android.

thanks in advance!!

Guest Simon O

Yeah.. that's not going to be added to the rom unless Cyanogen approves it. And I can honestly say that this won't be added. You might want to actually read about what the privacy extensions do and why it's considered bad to enable them.

If you want a feature adding to cyanogenmod then you need to submit the code patches to the gerrit account along with some information on what the code does and why it would be beneficial to add to the rom.

So please, no more "can you add feature X to this rom" posts.

Guest fonix232
Yeah.. that's not going to be added to the rom unless Cyanogen approves it. And I can honestly say that this won't be added. You might want to actually read about what the privacy extensions do and why it's considered bad to enable them.

If you want a feature adding to cyanogenmod then you need to submit the code patches to the gerrit account along with some information on what the code does and why it would be beneficial to add to the rom.

So please, no more "can you add feature X to this rom" posts.

Well, if we manage to get the CM kernels up & running, it contains options for such!

Guest Simon O
Well, if we manage to get the CM kernels up & running, it contains options for such!

Ok well then nobody needs to submit it :P

And Jacob is looking at updating the kernel to the CM one.

Guest leszekpap

Cyanogen 7 B3r2 - Unnoficial update for those who want an original CM7 with fixes they can't/don't want to do themselfs.

Keyboard

Video overlay

APN list fixed

Might of been a launcher tweak but I forgot (hangover from last night = forget stuff) if it seems faster, please say!

How to Install:

No need to thank me for releasing any of these, the person you should thank is TomG for releasing CM7 for blade & others who contribute to the bug fixes, thanks for your time. :D

I can`t download it...any others servers ?

regards

Guest whatcolour
is there any place where people can follow Jacobs work, probably try out some early builds, cause i saw he fixed a bunch of stuff on his github?

yes, a beta build would be nice, especially it seems camera preview and fm radio have been fixed!

Keyboard

Video overlay

APN list fixed

How to Install:

I am finding things bit faster with this one :huh:

Guest punkmilitia

Thank you for those mirrors I will update my other post with them :P

I am finding things bit faster with this one :D

Thanks for commenting, glad it is! :huh:

Edited by punkmilitia

Guest leetron1

Anyone getting black empty bar at screen bottom in Titanium, beebplayer et al?

Also cannot play video..have looked on thread..not sure if this is a current bug?

Launcher Pro pretty quick and with Spare Parts 'fast' transitions enabled its def usable though ofcourse not as quick as JJ OC'ed..

Otherwise am really impressed..thanks to Tom and the other devs..

Guest shadowninty
Anyone getting black empty bar at screen bottom in Titanium, beebplayer et al?
ads missing?
Also cannot play video..have looked on thread..not sure if this is a current bug?

bug