[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

Guest Matty-p

have been makeing my sense r3 rom (beta of course)based on 2.3 (cm7) makingh the sense theme more specifically the framework res is turning out to be harder than it was making it for my 2.2 chinese based rom that was underneath sense r2 im sure ill' sort it out tommarow.

Guest SWOriginal
i been playing need for speed shift for few hours no problems at all,even better than on jj rls9,and that was with hardware acceleration and overclock at 710

Yeah for once i didnt have to wait for the birds to start jumping fluently befor eplaying the level in agry birds :P 2.3 is great for gaming..

Guest Android.Fan

I've been going through the thread and its very interesting to have CM7 on blade.

I also want to flash it on my SF.

Is there anybody who can upload the video of CM7 on youtube?

Thanks in advance.

Guest ThrashMan
have been makeing my sense r3 rom (beta of course)based on 2.3 (cm7) makingh the sense theme more specifically the framework res is turning out to be harder than it was making it for my 2.2 chinese based rom that was underneath sense r2 im sure ill' sort it out tommarow.

Sounds exciting :P

This CyanogenMod 6.1 is cool. My only fault is my Home button acts like my power button. Speed seems good.

Sounds exciting smile.gif

This CyanogenMod 6.1 is cool. My only fault is my Home button acts like my power button. Speed seems good.

You mean you can wake your phone with Menu?

Maybe take a look at the CM Options, there is a checkbox for that, but maybe its just a "bug".

Guest Matty-p
Sounds exciting :P

use one of the unofficial cm6 updtates mines back there somewhere. or just use cm7 :D

Questions

Gapps won't be included in this ROM will it?

Does Gapps affect "share to picasa, share to facebook" on image sharing? Since these are currently missing.

Anyone sticking to this ROM currently? :P

I can't stick with this until camera is fixed. Currently youtube website/flash is the best thing for me right now.

Edited by Ciels

Guest selecta8998

Dare I say... any chance of porting rosie?

Guest Matty-p
Questions

Gapps won't be included in this ROM will it?

Does Gapps affect "share to picasa, share to facebook" on image sharing? Since these are currently missing.

Anyone sticking to this ROM currently? :P

I can't stick with this until camera is fixed. Currently youtube website/flash is the best thing for me right now.

no

yes

yes

soon need to compile

flash?

Flash being the ROM's capability to run youtube in the browser, which isn't really flash but it's a bright side :P

Keyboard is still buggy since last release, can this be fixed by swapping it for another? Haven't had time to go into android market on this ROM.

Guest Matty-p
Flash being the ROM's capability to run youtube in the browser, which isn't really flash but it's a bright side :P

Keyboard is still buggy since last release, can this be fixed by swapping it for another? Haven't had time to go into android market on this ROM.

now html5 is flash too! .... oh wait

yea i use htc's atm but pull one out of the custom ones's my android keyboard works fine if you can find my last rom on this thread.

probably a silly question but what is gapps? I'm not sure if it's google apps or something to do with gps

I've read through all the posts on this thread but got a bit lost (still trying to get my head round it all)

can someone put simply how close to a working rom this is? or what would be missing/not work if it was flashed on the blade at the moment?

I did look at the change log but to someone like me who has never used CM it don't mean too much/bit confusing

Guest Matty-p
probably a silly question but what is gapps? I'm not sure if it's google apps or something to do with gps

I've read through all the posts on this thread but got a bit lost (still trying to get my head round it all)

can someone put simply how close to a working rom this is? or what would be missing/not work if it was flashed on the blade at the moment?

I did look at the change log but to someone like me who has never used CM it don't mean too much/bit confusing

yea gapps = short for google apps

maybe a week or so before using it for day-to day very little apart from better video playback to fix now.

oh and snap on post count! well not now ive posted this but yea it was

Quoted from cyanogen

"Google Apps contain the proprietary Google applications that come pre-installed with most android devices. Due to licensing restrictions, these apps cannot come pre-installed with CyanogenMod and must be installed separately. CyanogenMod does not require Google Apps to function properly, however, to take full advantage of the android system, Google Apps are recommended.

These apps include Gmail, Maps, and the Android Market, just to name a few. More information can be found here: Google for Android"

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Latest_Version

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

While CM7 has been pretty awesome, there are still some pretty big bugs that stop it from being usable as a day to day rom. 1). The laggy nature of it, that feel like it needs further optimization, 2). Quite high battery drain, 3). Automatic brightness not working (I made a fix in the cm settings app for it, and the light sensor completely failed) and 4). Apps, or indeed, mostly games, not working.

Otherwise, however, almost all other aspects are far and away the best I've ever used

There is when that performance means you don't even get 1 day out of the battery.

exactly,too much horse power and your be reaching for the charger to often which is why i said it might not be necessary with a fully working cm7 which should have enough performance to do whatever needs to be done.Also not forgeting the risks of overclocking.Although many overclock with no problems at all,not every processor is exactly the same,so what is ok for one blade may be a brick for another!

Edited by Guest

Guest Rotmann
I hope for it to become official and that was always the goal. I have submitted it to be merged into the official repositories but we will have to wait and see whether mine is accepted or if they wait for Jacob's. It won't make much difference to the users, you are going to end up with an official rom either way and it should be very soon. What ever Jacob puts together will be high quality and I can understand him doing it himself.

Erm, I thought you will work together? :P

Erm, I thought you will work together? :P

We have to some degree. We have discussed things on irc and I think helped each other with various problems, but for various reasons he has redone some of the work I had already done. Jacob's rom has now progressed further than mine and fixed the few problems that remain, so I will not be contributing anything further until Jacob's code is merged into the official project. The code should hopefully be merged in the next few days and official nightly builds will follow.

Once the code is merged it will make working together on any issues much easier and should reduce the problems we have now of everyone doing their own thing.

The roms I have released so far will be the last I release. My code is available for anyone that wants to play with it (and I know a few people have successfully built roms from it) and I may make a few changes to the github code, but I won't be releasing any roms. Once Jacob's code is merged any contributions I make will be through the cyanogenmod code review system and will end up in the nightly builds.

I want to be clear that I have no problem with the way any of this has gone, Jacob is a great guy and we get along well.

For now I have some other projects that I have been neglecting, so for a few days I can put some time into those.