[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

I know I've read through it and I installed the 3.0.0.5 clockworck but still in error

Then question, is your "clockwork" orange?

Can you try, wipe partition and cache, and wipe, dalvik cache and battery stat, just for fun?

And then report if it worked?

Guest piretia
Then question, is your "clockwork" orange?

Can you try, wipe partition and cache, and wipe, dalvik cache and battery stat, just for fun?

And then report if it worked?

yes went from green to orange.

it did wipe everything and continues to give error ...

yes went from green to orange.

it did wipe everything and continues to give error ...

Okay, big question is how did you do it, did you apply signed update?

Or flashed whole new signed recovery?

Guest oh!dougal
I found another bug just now:

When you go into a call and place the handset to your ear, the proximity sensor shuts off the screen. When the call ends and you take it away from your ear, the proximity sensor doesn't turn the screen back on. No buttons wake the screen up either.

This (and the lockup on wake) are down to the old=chinese-prototype kernel being employed.

Does the 'standard' (minimally modified to work) .32 kernel compiled from zte-published-source-code (as used by Sebastian404 for his DX rom) really NOT work with CM6.1 ?

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...nfo-posts-only/ but note the changedfiles zip to support LCD screens (as described in the thread)

Is Kallt's radio fix available somewhere.

The FMRadio for Froyo tweak was described and discussed here >> http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1567478

I really wish that there was a centralised library of these tweaks ...

Guest skymera
By the sounds of it, CM6 is easier for Tom to get working to a standard usable as a day-to-day ROM. I think we should just be grateful for the work he's doing.

There should be an official CM7 for the Blade very soon. :P

But for now, CM6 works quite well, thanks!

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
There should be an official CM7 for the Blade very soon. :P

But for now, CM6 works quite well, thanks!

Oh ho? You seem to know something we don't? Or is it just the fact that a CM dev is actually working on it now?

Guest skymera
Oh ho? You seem to know something we don't? Or is it just the fact that a CM dev is actually working on it now?

The CM Wildfire dev has ordered a Blade and shall be commencing work as soon as he can really.

Guest piretia
Okay, big question is how did you do it, did you apply signed update?

Or flashed whole new signed recovery?

I downloaded the 3.0.0.5 and clockworck did with the pc with the volume down keys turn off call

fastboot

I didn't use fastboot for my installation, it wouldn't even load any rom afterwards.

So what I did was flashing this within clockwork as any other rom http://android.podtwo.com/recovery/recover...date_signed.zip

When done, I just went to advance and chose, reboot recovery, after the reboot and in the recovery mode now, I went to wipe everything, and dalvik cache, and began with installing CM6.1 beta 1.1 and it just worked.

This (and the lockup on wake) are down to the old=chinese-prototype kernel being employed.

I'm wondering if this is still the case in beta 2 as the front leds are working or what Tom G did to fix them.

The other day, I was going back to dxd2 after playing with this (bete1.1) and found and old update from Seb when he released the new kernel for desoftened. I flashed it out of curiosity and CM6 booted with that kernel no problem, still beta bugs and all but I wouldn't be suprised if beta 2 is on the updated .32 kernel.

Guest piretia
I didn't use fastboot for my installation, it wouldn't even load any rom afterwards.

So what I did was flashing this within clockwork as any other rom http://android.podtwo.com/recovery/recover...date_signed.zip

When done, I just went to advance and chose, reboot recovery, after the reboot and in the recovery mode now, I went to wipe everything, and dalvik cache, and began with installing CM6.1 beta 1.1 and it just worked.

I will try as you say already say how it went ...

now I can not get into recovery mode :P

No you can't do that if you already have installed it through fastboot.

I have 2 ZTE blades...So my first is at same stage as yours...my current is working.

Guest piretia
No you can't do that if you already have installed it through fastboot.

I have 2 ZTE blades...So my first is at same stage as yours...my current is working.

I had to instal the backup but I could not install the beta2 CM6

this is not going well

:P