[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

Guest fonix232
does anyone know if CM7 GApps work with CM6?

asking as no matter what i try, i cant get new market to work :D

It should, as the Gapps always have the lowest publicly supported system's requirements - and such is 2.2 :P

you say:“It tested fine before I uploaded it but now won't boot. I will fix it tomorrow.”

but I didn't see it today。 :P :D :huh:

Give him a chance, other people have lives too.

you say:“It tested fine before I uploaded it but now won't boot. I will fix it tomorrow.”

but I didn't see it today。 :P :D :huh:

Take it easy, he will do it whenever he has time, I mean why whine when he gave us CM6.1

Guest daerragh

I've read all posts here but it's really hard to remember all the nuances about CM 6.1, that's is why I'd like to ask - what issues does CM 6.1 still have? Is it as stable as JJ RLS9?

Guest skymera
Thanks for releasing :D

It's not bad actually, a few random reboots but a good preview build. Hopefully there will be a full cyanogen on the blade in a month or two :P

I'm assuming that Matt-P built that upon Beta2 by Tom-G and that almost everything is working?

Don't want to have to wipe many times :huh:

It's unclear since this is a shambles of a ROM thread.

Edited by skymera

Guest BigD18t

This is great so far, now with the updated home button its even better, But i still have the problem of the screen not waking after a call, so i have to pull the battery.

Guest oh!dougal
I've read all posts here but it's really hard to remember all the nuances about CM 6.1, that's is why I'd like to ask - what issues does CM 6.1 still have? Is it as stable as JJ RLS9?

I'm assuming that ... almost everything is working?

Don't want to have to wipe many times :P

This is a BETA.

That means, not just that it is known to have bits that don't work, but that it is being offered SPECIFICALLY for people to discover, describe and if possible isolate any previously unreported quirks.

If you want to be a beta-tester, then reflashing multiple times is part of the deal ...

This is not yet (not nearly) "fully finished".

Guest MrHicks
This is a BETA.

That means, not just that it is known to have bits that don't work, but that it is being offered SPECIFICALLY for people to discover, describe and if possible isolate any previously unreported quirks.

If you want to be a beta-tester, then reflashing multiple times is part of the deal ...

Given that the camera/fm radio doesn't work, this should probably be labled Alpha not Beta, as it isn't feature complete.

Guest fonix232
Given that the camera/fm radio doesn't work, this should probably be labled Alpha not Beta, as it isn't feature complete.

A Beta is what has got some functions not working. An Alpha is what got MOST features not working (like, the CM7 build).

Guest MrHicks
A Beta is what has got some functions not working. An Alpha is what got MOST features not working (like, the CM7 build).

I guess it depends on your definition, my company classes the Beta release cycle as feature complete but there may be bugs/stability issues.

Guest skymera
This is a BETA.

Mate. Don't talk to me as if I'm a god damn retard, alright?

I understand this ROM beta and a wipe is required, however I wouldn't want to wipe on a daily basis with every release, only if it's necessary, which is what I was implying before you decided to hop on your high horse.

Oh yes, lots of bold and italics to make my post seem as condescending as yours.

Edited by skymera

Guest fonix232
I guess it depends on your definition, my company classes the Beta release cycle as feature complete but there may be bugs/stability issues.

It is feature complete :P As the feature is there, but buggy. Like, the camera hardware is there, just as the GPS, and HW accelerator, software frontend too, and all it needs is some bugpatches.

By the way is there any way to disable the log-clearing of DDMS when the device is disconnected? I want to track down the GPS problems...

Guest fonix232
Mate. Don't talk to me as if I'm a god damn retard, alright?

I understand this ROM beta and a wipe is required, however I wouldn't want to wipe on a daily basis, only if it's necessary, which is what I was implying before you decided to hop on your high horse.

Oh yes, lots of bold and italics to make my post seem as condescending as yours.

Look. If you don't want to wipe daily, don't use the latest "daily" build. Thats all.

And, you don't need to wipe. At least until all apps and framework bits are the same.

BTW, tracked down some GPS problems. It is calling bad hardware so I guess it is what I said - bad /dev/ redirection to the actual GPS HW.

Tom, could you please publish the device tree, and give some of us write access? I would add some fixes (like the Omx stuff, it should be totally recompiled from source and not used from device), and I would also like to build CM7 too.

Guest simonckenyon
Tom, could you please publish the device tree, and give some of us write access? I would add some fixes (like the Omx stuff, it should be totally recompiled from source and not used from device), and I would also like to build CM7 too.

that implies that the sources is up there somewhere. github?

could you tell me where it is located?

Edit:

Found it!

Edited by simonckenyon

Guest daniel2k10

I haven't read through the whole topic, but does anyone here has the sam problem as me? I don't know if it has to do with the RIL, but in telephone calls i can't speak and listen at the same time: When the mic is in use I sometimes don't hear the other person.

And another bug for me: after a call, the screen stays black and I have to put out the battery to get the phone to work again. I have installed newest clockwork mod and wiped everything before installing cm 6 beta2.

Guest Simon O

Silly question from me since I can't be bothered wiping my phone to install this (got too much to do with FLB) but does anybody know if StageFright is fully working on these roms? As in can you enable it in build.prop and H.264 video plays back without green bars?

Guest punkmilitia

Thought you might have wanted to read this Tom, it's from Cyanogenmod.com's front page, newest post.

A Note On Unofficial Ports, and How To Get It Right

February 6th, 2011 | Author: Cyanogen

There’s been some recent talk about unofficial versions of CyanogenMod being created and released on sites like XDA, with large amounts of missing features and broken functionality, and I just wanted to talk about our position on this.

An “official” CyanogenMod version is one that uses our code review system, our source repository, and our mirror network. It should look, act, and feel like CM on any other device, and more importantly, it should follow our release schedules (which is a “when it’s ready” kind of thing, but we do plan our final/RC releases when we feel it’s ready). Most importantly, no major hardware functionality should be broken.

We want to see CM available for every device out there, and our infrastructure (and our developer community) is there for anyone to use. We spend a lot of time making new releases of Android backward-compatible with devices that are not ready for them, and we also spend much time making all of these (sometimes not so pretty) changes co-exist together without breaking other devices. The more eyes on your code, the better it will be.

That said, as much as we’d like it to be, the CMSGS project is not yet an official part of CyanogenMod. There are also a number of other unofficial ports out there which haven’t been submitted to us that we’d love to include. If you’re interested, stop by #cyanogenmod-dev on Freenode. If you didn’t get it from our mirror network or the CM forums, don’t expect it to be up to our standards.

The biggest thing to keep in mind when porting to a new device is to think about how your change is going to affect other devices. This is the biggest reason why we aren’t supporting Samsung devices other than the Nexus S yet. Don’t change hardcoded default values just to suit your device. Use the configuration options available, or add new ones with the original values as defaults. Do a build for another unrelated device after you make your changes (it helps to have another device to test with, of course) and verify it as well. Android was made for this, so do it right.

Like I’ve said so many times before, CyanogenMod is all about the community. And our community can help you too. I’d love to see more of these ports contributed to the project- it’s only going to make things better. We’ve grown from just a mod to what I’d call an “Android distribution” and we need to keep our standards high.

So, with all that said, it looks like once this baby has a few more bug fixes you could talk to them on node and they will most likely also support zte blade!