[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

Guest x.balli.x
key 142 (short power button press) is missing from key-layout-thingie.

got it working, dnt know if techinically its right but i took the 7k_handset.kl and blade_key.kl and pushed it to the cyanogen, after reboot power button is working fine, don't know if it has chnaged anything else.....

since am new to CM mod but does it have market place? since i can't find it here?

Guest ivanko021
Actually I found it easier / faster to type on.. Even though each press covered at least 5 keys :P

I find it easier to type too. I barely miss a key! I think it's something psychological - when you see the tiny letters your subconscious make you aim more precisely and if you miss the target it's notthat big deal, cuz the space between different targets is bigger. So please leave it! It's awesome!

Oh and by the way does this code "qemu.sf.lcd_density=240" only affect the keyboard or there are other system fonts changed?

EDIT @x.balli.x after installing the ROM you should flash the archive with all google apps (GApps) located on bottom of the Cyanogenmod wiki page here -> http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Latest_Version

CM6 version WON'T work!

BIG Thanks Tom G!

Edited by ivanko021

Guest x.balli.x
I find it easier to type too. I barely miss a key! I think it's something psychological - when you see the tiny letters your subconscious make you aim more precisely and if you miss the target it's notthat big deal, cuz the space between different targets is bigger. So please leave it! It's awesome!

Oh and by the way does this code "qemu.sf.lcd_density=240" only affect the keyboard or there are other system fonts changed?

@x.balli.x after installing the ROM you should flash the archive with all google apps (GApps) here -> http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/gapps/...1114-signed.zip

thanks, i flashed the vending.apk but i think will flash this for other Gapps , you can install the keyboard from flb r8 its working fine

Guest fonix232

@x.balli.x after installing the ROM you should flash the archive with all google apps (GApps) here -> http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/gapps/...1114-signed.zip

BIG Thanks Tom G!

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT FLASH THAT PACKAGE!

It is for 2.2 (CM6)!!!!

The proper package can be found on the site provided in the first post (CyanogenMod's wiki), you need CM7's package, what is small (around a few megs) and only contains the google login system (and allows you to download stuffs later).

Guest x.balli.x
DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT FLASH THAT PACKAGE!

It is for 2.2 (CM6)!!!!

The proper package can be found on the site provided in the first post (CyanogenMod's wiki), you need CM7's package, what is small (around a few megs) and only contains the google login system (and allows you to download stuffs later).

lol you know i was about to say the same, this package is not working, i tried twice and reflashed the rom too......

thanks anyway :P

Guest jasonXXx
thanks, i flashed the vending.apk but i think will flash this for other Gapps , you can install the keyboard from flb r8 its working fine

Not sure if it affects font but that the correct resolution anyway so there should be no side affects.

BTW Angry birds doesn't work CM 7 Beta 2 is there a workaround peoples?

Well its obivious that it doesn't work !

CM7b2 has currently bad, and I mean it bad 2D performance, so duh :P

Well its obivious that it doesn't work !

CM7b2 has currently bad, and I mean it bad 2D performance, so duh :P

Well not everybody as clever as you are they?

Guest ivanko021
lol you know i was about to say the same, this package is not working, i tried twice and reflashed the rom too......

thanks anyway :P

Sorry man! I didn't realize that the package is CM6 only (I thought it's for CM7 actually) . Today I flashed 6.1 and it worked perfectly so just wanted to help! I'll edit my post now...

Guest whatcolour

****************CM7 UI SPEED FIX*********************

Just a tmp fix, but works quite well.

Go to Market, install Gingerbread Launcher from Steven Lin and use that instead of ADW, then appreciate a great CM7 rom!

Thanks, Tom G!

Guest x.balli.x
****************CM7 UI SPEED FIX*********************

Just a tmp fix, but works quite well.

Go to Market, install Gingerbread Launcher from Steven Lin and use that instead of ADW, then appreciate a great CM7 rom!

Thanks, Tom G!

exactly.....since ADW is a bit laggy anyway, you can try the one from flb or launcher pro

Guest x.balli.x
Silly question from me since I can't be bothered wiping my phone to install this (got too much to do with FLB) but does anybody know if StageFright is fully working on these roms? As in can you enable it in build.prop and H.264 video plays back without green bars?

added the stagefright lines from Flb r8 build.prop , and tried two videos in HD ( Transformers trailer 1080p H.268) ....no green bar

Edited by x.balli.x

Guest fonix232
added the stagefright lines from Flb r8 build.prop , and tried two videos in HD ( Transformers trailer 1080p H.268) ....no green bar

Stagefright is enabled by default, no need to add the libs :P Actually, in 2.2 (and over) Stagefright replaces OpenCore except if you tell the system to use opencore instead of SF.

Guest Frankish

Am i the only person who gets boot loops after flashing cm7? I wiped everything using the modified clockwork provided, it shows the setup screen and then just keep looping over and over.

Guest Matty-p
Am i the only person who gets boot loops after flashing cm7? I wiped everything using the modified clockwork provided, it shows the setup screen and then just keep looping over and over.

i don't works great

Guest Frankish
i don't works great

Did you flash the same recovery? I haven't modified the zip at all. Well i did and that boot looped so i tried stock zip and that did the same...hmm...

Guest whatcolour
Did you flash the same recovery? I haven't modified the zip at all. Well i did and that boot looped so i tried stock zip and that did the same...hmm...

Wiped system as well?