StreakDroid 1.7.0 ( aka HD7 Edition ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Stephen Hyde

those with wifi issues what build are you updating from, and can you try a factory reset, ive updated both my streaks and they both work fine on wifi and 3g(well 2g in case of o2 round ere)

Guest liviu2007

hey guys. i've installed 1.7.0 rom and i get FC for market app every time i try to download an app.what do you guys think is causing this problem?thx in advance for any help.cheers.

Guest LorD CLockaN

Just updated to 1.7.0 with broken gorilla :P

Everything works for me for now...

Was on 1.6.1 and just updated zip with perfmod

BTW noapps in install.txt still installs ADW launcher

How to return percentage in battery icon??

edit:

How to be sure if perfmod is enabled??

My quadrant isn't going over 2100 with full OC, in 1.6.1 it was allways over 2600

edit2:

I run mount command in terminal and there are some ext3 partition mounted on inner sd.. I/O result in quadrant isn't even 3000

Edited by LorD CLockaN

Guest Darkmarster

Ok total noob questions coming

im currently running a stock streak on 2.2

settings say-

Build is - 12792

Baseband- GAUSB1A131921-EU

Is there any thing extra i need to do (like change baseband) dont want to brick my streak on the 1st go lol

Thx guys

Just change the fonts folder with one from 161

Lol I love these ‘Sink the Bismarck’ instructions. After a bit of head scratching this is what I came up with.

Unzip the file ‘update-1.6.1.zip’ to a folder.

Access folder ‘system’.

Copy the folder ‘fonts’ to the root of the Streak SD card.

Launch Root Explorer

Copy the folder ‘fonts’ from the root of the SD card to folder ‘system’

When finished reboot Streak

If this helps anyone else who, like me, struggles a bit, and is embarrassed to show it. Though I am sure it is obvious to most.

Edit Update

OK that didn’t seem to go too well. So, back to the drawing board.

I extracted both of the files, update-1.7.0.zip and update-1.6.1.zip, replaced the ‘fonts’ folder for 1.7.0 with that of 1.6.1 and zipped the result. Named it ‘update.zip’ and flashed again.

That did the trick this time round. Sorry for any confusion, clearly I jumped the gun on this.

Edited by rebski

Guest pompeyboyz

Just gone from 1.6.1 to 1.7.0 after throughly reading the instructions after the hassles I had with the previous build and it is all good.

Noticed that the dial pad doesn't show in landscape though.

Unlike many others I like the new font. As I amin 140 dsp anyway it probably is why as I like smaller fonjts and high resolution :P

Guest ali_alex
Can someone post a screenshot of the Streak with 240 dpi? I would love to see the difference between that and stock.

Also, how would you change back to the regular dialer once you've upgraded to 1.7?

steve 1.7.0 240dpi

post-315136-1297003707_thumb.jpg

post-315136-1297003740_thumb.jpg

post-315136-1297003774_thumb.jpg

post-315136-1297003794_thumb.jpg

Steve,

Upgraded from 1.6.1 to 1.7.0

Have cleared cache and dalvik cache.

Wifi works if reboot with Wifi enabled, but then 3g data does not work if wifi is turned off.

Reverse is true if rebooted with wifi disabled.

Have yet to try a factory reset, logcat file sent in previous post

Guest LorD CLockaN

Looks like I haven't got perfmod enabled after 1.7.0 update from 1.6.1.

Now doing Factory reset but only 1.7.0 so we'll know if fac reset really works in 1.7.0 :P

Guest Pico Salazar
Looks like I haven't got perfmod enabled after 1.7.0 update from 1.6.1.

Now doing Factory reset but only 1.7.0 so we'll know if fac reset really works in 1.7.0 :P

yeah, let us know if that works out for you :D i might be doing that if it fixes the WiFi issue.

Guest LorD CLockaN

well after first factory reset I got for the first time in my life 100 FCs.. than pull out battery..

second boot got the welcome to android screen and than finished it and thats it.. black screen... Now waiting for the third boot, but it doesn't look positive.... for now.. waiting

edit:

third boot .. nothing..

Reflashed 1.7.0 again and before the first boot, pulled out battery and than did another factory reset...

now waiting again

edit2:

that did the trick!

Edited by LorD CLockaN

Guest Pico Salazar
Steve,

Upgraded from 1.6.1 to 1.7.0

Have cleared cache and dalvik cache.

Wifi works if reboot with Wifi enabled, but then 3g data does not work if wifi is turned off.

Reverse is true if rebooted with wifi disabled.

Have yet to try a factory reset, logcat file sent in previous post

Following your logic, I tried rebooting with both WiFi and 3G enabled and...

Voila!

Success, both WiFi and 3G work with and independently of one another.

Guest LorD CLockaN

Found something that has to be related to new dialer..

Before there was an option to put shortcut on desktop Direct Dial.. Now there isn't...

how to get back to default wallpaper??

how to put percentage back into battery?

Edited by LorD CLockaN

Guest Duskycub

Great while it lasted i got a problem i updated with qdltool worked great from at&t installed and left baseband alone used this rom 1.7 loved it but had a wifi issue and installed baseband 1.5.1+ now it does a bootloop on the streakdroid opening lets me see the unlock screen for a sec then reboots to streakdroid animation over till it finally locks up on streakdroid i would love to have some help with this issue as it has locked it up and i cant go back to 1.6 and use qdltool again.

The new dialer should open youre normal ime on numeric setting when you press the text entry window (the grey bar), or rotate it to portrait to get dialler..

In Landscape mode tapping on text entry bar brings up the Android keyboard (not a problem as it defaults to numeric view)

In portrait mode the dialler appears as it should.

Guest Wee Thomas
Hey. Updated to 1.7.0 from stock 318. Install.txt is:

stageui

density240

volboost

us240

bios

noswype

perfmod

The only issues I've come across so far is that I had to do a factory reset after installation due to going to 240 density and all programs fc'ing and a weird one: when texting and trying to pick a new contact, it's virtually impossible to see who you're selecting. The text box is very small and words are only partially shown. Going to try and go down to 200 but I really like 240. Screen is more vibrant.

Anyone else with these issues?

Yeah, I had the same issue. I went down to 180 and that solved the issue. Didn't try 200, let me know how well that works.

Has anyone with volboost tried RockPlayer or watching flash video in a web browser? If so, does it play through the speaker or only the headset?

Guest brian82

The connections are all messed up.

If you boot with the wifi turned on, only the wifi will work.

If you boot on 3g only 3g will work.

I also found it does not manuallt switch between 2g and 3g. I tried to switch to 2g (GSM) and it did switch, but it will not go back to 3g (wcdma)

I will stick to the previous build till this is fixed.

I appreciate the hard work Steve though.

Guest Wee Thomas
The connections are all messed up.

If you boot with the wifi turned on, only the wifi will work.

If you boot on 3g only 3g will work.

I also found it does not manuallt switch between 2g and 3g. I tried to switch to 2g (GSM) and it did switch, but it will not go back to 3g (wcdma)

I will stick to the previous build till this is fixed.

I appreciate the hard work Steve though.

I'm not having this issue on 1.7.0.

Guest alexmoi
Great while it lasted i got a problem i updated with qdltool worked great from at&t installed and left baseband alone used this rom 1.7 loved it but had a wifi issue and installed baseband 1.5.1+ now it does a bootloop on the streakdroid opening lets me see the unlock screen for a sec then reboots to streakdroid animation over till it finally locks up on streakdroid i would love to have some help with this issue as it has locked it up and i cant go back to 1.6 and use qdltool again.

Why don't you just go back to a stock 2.1 or 2.2 instead of using the qdltool?

try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=805112

and look for this part "Downgrade from Stephen Hyde's 2.2 to O2 2.1 (build 8105)"