Building CyanogenMod7

Guest fonix232

Guest hecatae
If anyone can spare a second to help me I'd appreciate it.

I think I'm having trouble at the extract-files.sh step.

I'm getting this and more when I run the command:

./extract-files.sh: 22: adb: not found
chmod: cannot access `../../../vendor/zte/blade/proprietary/qmuxd': No such file or directory
./extract-files.sh: 24: adb: not found
chmod: cannot access `../../../vendor/zte/blade/proprietary/akmd2': No such file or directory
./extract-files.sh: 26: adb: not found
chmod: cannot access `../../../vendor/zte/blade/proprietary/hci_qcomm_init': No such file or directory
./extract-files.sh: 29: adb: not found
./extract-files.sh: 32: adb: not found
[/codebox]

It's not life or death, but I really would like to have a taste of success in building this!

okay root of your repo

[codebox]git clone git://github.com/HCDRJacob/proprietary_vendor_zte.git vendor/zte

Guest fonix232
Thanks for an almost exact copypasta of instructions from the CyanogenMod wiki & not giving credit, where credit is due....

So you only registered here to tell us this...

YES!

A CM7 building instruction guide IS based on the code they publish on the wiki. There is no other way to do it! Based on that, every simple guide is a "copypasta".

Yes, I've based this build on the CM7 building guide, but changed, extended, worked it over to work with the Blade.

It is obvious that parts of it are from the wiki, but this is totally written by me (mean: I wrote it, with my keyboard). Only copied bits are the links of the several parts (and the Ubuntu package names).

I never said all of it is my work. Actually, the whole CM stuff is not my work. Neither the device trees of Tom G and Jacob. Happy now?

Being such offensive (douchebag if you ask me) is no help for you at this forum.

Guest eAlex79
Change BOARD_VENDOR_QCOM_GPS_LOC_API_AMSS_VERSION to 1240

Thx, fibblesan, got my build going with that beeing 3200 before I read your answer, I'm rebuilding now for 1240 before testing. And I commented out the offending lines in CMparts and I'm sure that will draw custom search providers there broken.

okay root of your repo

git clone git://github.com/HCDRJacob/proprietary_vendor_zte.git vendor/zte

Thanks, I had to remove the existing dir, because it seems some files were extracted while I was making a mess of it. I'm a noob and was having all types of permissions issues it seems.

I think I have everything synced and the patches in place, so it's time to make brunch!

Thanks again!

Guest metzench

Compiled now with latest TomG´s git, best build i had so far.

- wifi working

-camera preview working

- no crash right now

- very responsive

bugs

- apns missing ( need to investigate why they are there with Jacobs but not with TomG´s

- wifi working

-camera preview working

- no crash right now

- very responsive

bugs

- apns missing ( need to investigate why they are there with Jacobs but not with TomG´s

Would you mind uploading your Build Please?

Guest whatcolour

- wifi working

-camera preview working

- no crash right now

- very responsive

bugs

Mine is taking forever to compile, on a old P4 pc though. From the looks of it, the latest TomG's build does seem to be rather "bug-free"

Guest eAlex79

Here is my Tom G's build.

removed file

MD5: c7fc8b1dbd43e8ce0d94d63856b167a3 update-cm-7.0.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-signed.zip

Camera preview works, though images are black/white, search providers are broken and video and game problems remain.

Edited by eAlex79

Mine is taking forever to compile, on a old P4 pc though. From the looks of it, the latest TomG's build does seem to be rather "bug-free"

Mines taking some time too, and I'm on a 2.2ghz C2D. I just hope I didn't mess up somewhere and this baby boots!

Thanks to all in this thread for your direct help and posting your trials and tribulations and obviously Tom and Jacob.

Guest markastor

- wifi working

-camera preview working

- no crash right now

- very responsive

bugs

Upload it, please.

I fetched the CM7 gingerbread branch and pulled a copy of toms repository. I also inluded http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,2958. When I tried to build I got the following error:

make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/zte/blade/proprietary/regcode', needed by `out/target/product/blade/system/wifi/regcode'. Stop.

I also recognized the following errors when i extracted the files from my phone:

[...]

remote object '/system/wifi/regcode' does not exist

[...]

remote object '/system/lib/libOmxAacDec.so' does not exist

[...]

remote object '/system/lib/libOmxMp3Dec.so' does not exist

[...]

Does one of oyu has a complete set of the proprietary files? I am currently running pauls r11 and it seems that these files are missing and at least the regcode file is required to get the build running.

Guest Simon O
I fetched the CM7 gingerbread branch and pulled a copy of toms repository. I also inluded http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,2958. When I tried to build I got the following error:

make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/zte/blade/proprietary/regcode', needed by `out/target/product/blade/system/wifi/regcode'. Stop.

I also recognized the following errors when i extracted the files from my phone:

[...]

remote object '/system/wifi/regcode' does not exist

[...]

remote object '/system/lib/libOmxAacDec.so' does not exist

[...]

remote object '/system/lib/libOmxMp3Dec.so' does not exist

[...]

Does one of oyu has a complete set of the proprietary files? I am currently running pauls r11 and it seems that these files are missing and at least the regcode file is required to get the build running.

Grab them from toms CM7 rom

My build just booted!!

Thanks again all.

I'll test it out and see how it is, if I didn't screw up too bad and if it's significantly better than the beta I'll see about uploading.

Edit: seems I have no RIL or WiFi? I pulled the proprietary files from Jacob's git as posted above, should that not have been in there?

Edited by jt_mcg

Guest whatcolour
Here is my Tom G's build.

http://rapidshare.com/files/447935678/upda...KANG-signed.zip

MD5: c7fc8b1dbd43e8ce0d94d63856b167a3 update-cm-7.0.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-signed.zip

Camera preview works, though images are black/white, search providers are broken and video and game problems remain.

sth is wrong with your build, this rom is near perfect now, i have the same conclusions as metzench (apn is the only problem, however easily resolved by swapping the old one back)

EDIT: used BOARD_VENDOR_QCOM_GPS_LOC_API_AMSS_VERSION=3200, so gonna test gps and report back

EDIT2: use BOARD_VENDOR_QCOM_GPS_LOC_API_AMSS_VERSION=1240 instead!

Edited by whatcolour

Guest eAlex79

Really? I know something must be quite wrong because noone else has problems with CMparts.

flibblesan:

For Tom G's build to use brunch and get .img's and an update.zip use:

clone CM7 tree

clone Tom's device tree

apply this patch:

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,2958

to the folder CM7/vendor/cyanogen

after that you can brunch it and it'll compile.

I'd like to know whether other people have problems with the qcomm GPS rpc stuff and the compilation of CMparts.

Guest eAlex79
Game problems are mostly because they get installed on the SD card automatically. Move them to internal memory and they will work again.

Indeed they work from internal memory. Thx!

So you only registered here to tell us this...

YES!

A CM7 building instruction guide IS based on the code they publish on the wiki. There is no other way to do it! Based on that, every simple guide is a "copypasta".

Yes, I've based this build on the CM7 building guide, but changed, extended, worked it over to work with the Blade.

It is obvious that parts of it are from the wiki, but this is totally written by me (mean: I wrote it, with my keyboard). Only copied bits are the links of the several parts (and the Ubuntu package names).

I never said all of it is my work. Actually, the whole CM stuff is not my work. Neither the device trees of Tom G and Jacob. Happy now?

Being such offensive (douchebag if you ask me) is no help for you at this forum.

I've been registered for longer then just last night, you can see that in my mini-profile...

But the text you have posted, almost all of it is copied verbatim of what's on the CyanogenMod wiki, hence why it's a copypasta. And yet you don't fully understand the build processs since you still include schedtool as a required installed application & yet you removed the one command that needed it, brunch. If you don't do brunch or "mka build" you don't need schedtool. And you can do "mka build" it till automatically optimize the build process for your processor, so no need to "make -j[n] bacon" & putting how many cores you have, which is also, incorrect due to if you have a processor that supports hyperthreading, you want to take the processor cores & add one to it.

Guest eAlex79

Guys instead of fighting I'd suggest helping out on stuff, I am here since 3 weeks or what max and I saw android then first too.

So you're keen on the theme, I figured what brunch does but I don't have no command 'mka' so how can I use that?

How do you stop brunch starting building itself?

Guest fonix232
I've been registered for longer then just last night, you can see that in my mini-profile...

But the text you have posted, almost all of it is copied verbatim of what's on the CyanogenMod wiki, hence why it's a copypasta. And yet you don't fully understand the build processs since you still include schedtool as a required installed application & yet you removed the one command that needed it, brunch. If you don't do brunch or "mka build" you don't need schedtool. And you can do "mka build" it till automatically optimize the build process for your processor, so no need to "make -j[n] bacon" & putting how many cores you have, which is also, incorrect due to if you have a processor that supports hyperthreading, you want to take the processor cores & add one to it.

As I said, I copied certain bits (URLs, lists of needed packages) and the basic steps are the same. It isn't copied verbatim, you may take a look, I was following a basic emulator build's progress.

I do understand the build process, but as at the time of the creation of this guide there was NO CYANOGEN build target of the blade, I did not include it (it wouldn't worked any way, except if you fancy typing long names. I prefer selecting from a list).

I did not know about that hyperthreading stuff though, I never got into this build stuff.

You know, you can point out problems in a manner. I believe you know it better, I understand it, I accept it. I was here to help, and you came harsh, telling me I stole it from the wiki (what's not true, as I wrote the whole stuff, except the exceptions I wrote before, so nothing was actually copy-pasted). Maybe I was using words, expressions, because I found it right. And before you ask me, no, I did not look at other device's build how-to, only used the "Android General Emulator" build guide.

perhaps you could be helpful.and put a guide together?