2.3 based on CM7 aka swiftdroid project

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK

Guest Dr.Alani
Your phone kills your launcher, that's your problem. I've never had such a problem. Reboot your phone to refresh your memory.

Apparently there was some app killing the launcher automatically. I looked into it after your advice and foound that the app "super manager" has an autokill thingy in its widget.

Uninstalled it and testing now

Guest max-greece
Your phone kills your launcher, that's your problem. I've never had such a problem. Reboot your phone to refresh your memory.

On LauncherPro there is an option to keep it loaded in memory permanently. I am not sure this is a good idea and might cause crashes simply because we have such limited RAM on these phones but it might solve the problem.

I had very similar problems with 2.2 where the phone would suddenly take an age to respond to the simplest requests. Its the main reason I ended up going back to 2.1. Since doing that (with app2sd installed) I get a consistently fast phone. It benchmarks much worse that it did - but in use it is faster.

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK
mmm.. 2.3 for optimus. is this faster than the official 2.1 ?

after overclocking yes it is but not faster than 2.2 but this one is much much much more stable

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK
mmm.. 2.3 for optimus. is this faster than the official 2.1 ?

after overclocking yes it is but not faster than 2.2 but this one is much much much more stable

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK
I am having some trouble with the 2.3.2 by Mur4ik. The problem is when I close an application like K-9 Mail or Facebook or whatever, it takes about 20 seconds to reload the android home screen. During that time I get only the wallpaper and I have to wait to load the shortcuts and widgets.

Another symptom is when I move from an application to another without closing the first one, and then I go back to the first one through long press on home button, I find the application restarting.

For example if I am at the opera browser and I press home and open K-9 mail or a notebook app, and then long-press the home button and choose opera I find the page gone and it says loading, just like starting the app all over again.

This happens with all apps not only the browser.

Is this because the memory is simply not enough so the phone kills everything not currently active?

or is it a bug in the OS that needs to be looked into?

i have the same probs but i used adw launcher ex and removed the live wallpaper and overclocked it works fine now :)

but it dint take 20 secs :huh: max 5-10

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK
I am having some trouble with the 2.3.2 by Mur4ik. The problem is when I close an application like K-9 Mail or Facebook or whatever, it takes about 20 seconds to reload the android home screen. During that time I get only the wallpaper and I have to wait to load the shortcuts and widgets.

Another symptom is when I move from an application to another without closing the first one, and then I go back to the first one through long press on home button, I find the application restarting.

For example if I am at the opera browser and I press home and open K-9 mail or a notebook app, and then long-press the home button and choose opera I find the page gone and it says loading, just like starting the app all over again.

This happens with all apps not only the browser.

Is this because the memory is simply not enough so the phone kills everything not currently active?

or is it a bug in the OS that needs to be looked into?

i have the same probs but i used adw launcher ex and removed the live wallpaper and overclocked it works fine now :)

but it dint take 20 secs :huh: max 5-10

Guest alucard7

Guys i've installed the latest version 1.4 . Works great but i have a problem with sd card . It's not recognized at all . By the time i installed the rom i've placed the sd card correctly and the phone isn't recognize it . Do you have any ideas ??

Guest Dr.Alani
Guys i've installed the latest version 1.4 . Works great but i have a problem with sd card . It's not recognized at all . By the time i installed the rom i've placed the sd card correctly and the phone isn't recognize it . Do you have any ideas ??

Try copying the contents to your PC and then reformatting it and copy back your things. Remember to remove the ext2 partition if you used app2sd before as this OS (2.3.2) has native app2sd and does not need an ext2 partition.

Guest alucard7
Try copying the contents to your PC and then reformatting it and copy back your things. Remember to remove the ext2 partition if you used app2sd before as this OS (2.3.2) has native app2sd and does not need an ext2 partition.

I had never used app2sd before . I put the sd in my pc and format it with windows format . But nothing changed in phone . Still isn't recognized :huh: .

any other suggestion ??

Edited by alucard7

Guest max-greece
I had never used app2sd before . I put the sd in my pc and format it with windows format . But nothing changed in phone . Still isn't recognized :huh: .

any other suggestion ??

I had a similar problem with 2.2. My phone knew the card was there but wouldn't mount it. Put the card back in the phone and try System / SD Card and phone storage / Format SD card. That worked for me.

Guest alucard7
I had a similar problem with 2.2. My phone knew the card was there but wouldn't mount it. Put the card back in the phone and try System / SD Card and phone storage / Format SD card. That worked for me.

excuse me for my silly question but were is system?? in the settings menu?

Guest alucard7

unfortunately there isn't such thing in 2.3 . The only close setting ,at the settings menu ,for sd card is the "storage" option . When i click storage in storage settings shows the follow information :

Total space: Unavailable

Available space: Unavailable

Mount sd card : Insert an SD card for Mounting

and when i click erase SD card a message shows up that says : SD card has been removed

nice, since i installed this phone.apk update, i cant receive or initiate calls, "the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly."

I cant even see who called me.

Any ideas?

i wonder why nobody mentioned here the absence of hangup and mute sliders on incoming-call screen (v1.3)

is this fixed in 1.4? i cant see it in the changelog.

Hangup slider is there, mute isn't.

If I understand correctly what you are saying :huh:

Hangup slider is there, mute isn't.

If I understand correctly what you are saying :)

i had neither of these two, then i installed thaat phone.apk fix for v1.4 on my v1.3 and now i cant call anyone :huh:

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK

guyz i know some apps are killing the system launcher so it is becoming slow while closing and opening other apps any idea which apps are doing this cuz i have bout 115 apps and i dont know which 1 to delete :huh:

if any1 knows the specific app plz lemme know

Guest Dr.Alani
guyz i know some apps are killing the system launcher so it is becoming slow while closing and opening other apps any idea which apps are doing this cuz i have bout 115 apps and i dont know which 1 to delete :huh:

if any1 knows the specific app plz lemme know

I had this problem because of an app called "Super Manager", it has an autokill thingy in its widget.

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK
I had this problem because of an app called "Super Manager", it has an autokill thingy in its widget.

hmm i dont have have that i dont think its bcuz of any managers or task killers bcuz i dont use any i think its the system killing it due to lack of memory i have more than 100 apps soo it mostly happens when i run heavy apps

Guest saber_tooth

Just to share my feedback of new cm7.

It was very fast when I installed it, but now it has many lags, especially when using beautiful widgets, but in any case this is a beta version, so we can't excpect perfection. Anyhow, It is a great work, and I just wanted to slide your attention to installing widgets, 80% of the widgets I tried to install did not work.

All the praise to the developer, keep up the good work. =)

Guest Dr.Alani

It was very fast when I installed it, but now it has many lags, especially when using beautiful widgets, but in any case this is a beta version, so we can't excpect perfection. Anyhow, It is a great work, and I just wanted to slide your attention to installing widgets, 80% of the widgets I tried to install did not work.

Regarding the widgets, just move any widget to the phone memory. The widgets do not work from the SD.

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK

the lags are possibly because of some app killing the launcher remove all your auto task killers and stuff