WIFI works once

Guest Productivity

Guest Productivity

Greetings from South Africa!

I've got Paul's r11 Froyo running beautifully on my San Fran (Thanks Paul!!)

I can connect to my home wifi network initially but then after the phone goes into sleep mode and comes back I cannot get the connection back.

The only way that I can get it to connect is by turning the router off and on again??

What could this be?

I'm using WPA and DHCP. I've tried reserving an ip address for my san fran in the router's config but to no avail.

My household use a variety of devices on this network and have no problems, except my mom's kindle which behaves in the same way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :P

Apologies if this question has been answered before. I could not find an answer.

Guest Toni Lähdekorpi
Changing from WPA to WEP worked for me.

Using WEP is almost like using nothing, anybody can just pop up a laptop with airdump+aircrack+wireshark and steal your data in minutes...

Guest oh!dougal
you could try to install blade wifi fix on market

That doesn't work for this problem (where resetting the router is required) because "Blade Wifi Fix" __ONLY__ automates the process of turning the phone's wifi off and on again when it fails to reconnect (and that won't work for you!)

My guess is that you have a specific model of the Netgear DG834g router ... (for which the only known fixes are to buy a different router - or phone). ZTE are not interested in the issue, which affects all roms. It does not affect the DG834g v3 which I have ...

Search the forum for posts about your router for confirmation.

ISTR something about some BT routers too ...

Guest Stuart_f
i have tried aircrack on my rooter just to see

wpe key was found in 3 hours

youre-doing-it-wrong-whoops-demotivational-poster-1219345240.jpg

WEP cracking should take no more than 5 minutes. (use injection to collect sufficient IVs if there's no clients)

WEP is like having closing the door to your house but not bothering to lock it. It might looks secure at first glance but anyone who wants to get in can do so easily.

Guest Toni Lähdekorpi
youre-doing-it-wrong-whoops-demotivational-poster-1219345240.jpg

WEP cracking should take no more than 5 minutes. (use injection to collect sufficient IVs if there's no clients)

WEP is like having closing the door to your house but not bothering to lock it. It might looks secure at first glance but anyone who wants to get in can do so easily.

Or if you're looking from the "stealing data" pov, it's like talking in your phone in a public place about something confidential (no encryption), or trying to be safe and talking in a non-native language (WEP).

Guest Phoenix Silver

i'm using wpa-psk

i think it's enough

i'm not paranoid lol

anyway if a hacker want to penetrate a rooter there are lot of rooters with wep in neighborhood

so seems to be a problem with the rooter

perhaps a firmware update can solve this ?

Guest oh!dougal
I have this connection problem at work.

Its the Netgear DG834 router

I have no WiFi problems at home or at the gf's house.

so seems to be a problem with the rooter

perhaps a firmware update can solve this ?

I believe that the problem is with the v5 (only) of the DG834G ... and the problem there is that the v5 actually uses different HARDWARE (different processor even) to the other versions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netgear_DG834...ions.2Fversions

I doubt that 'work' would like to be told to change (or hack) their router ....

Guest Stevvie
Using WEP is almost like using nothing, anybody can just pop up a laptop with airdump+aircrack+wireshark and steal your data in minutes...

I've used penetrator on my phone to get WPA keys in about 20 seconds, so even wpa isn't safe(admitidly these are BT,orange,O2,Sky thompson box's, but thats the MAJORITY of box's arround now.). I tried WEP and wireshark and it took over 6 hours to get my WEP key.

Guest Stuart_f
I've used penetrator on my phone to get WPA keys in about 20 seconds, so even wpa isn't safe(admitidly these are BT,orange,O2,Sky thompson box's, but thats the MAJORITY of box's arround now.). I tried WEP and wireshark and it took over 6 hours to get my WEP key.

Penetrator only works if you don't change the default key. Aircrack-ng works every time no matter what. If you took 6 hours to get the key then you're doing it wrong.

Guest Productivity

Thanks for confirming this. I do have the Netgear DG834 v5 router. THANKS NETGEAR :P

What a bummer hey. So I've got to fork out for a new router if I want to use wifi at home without resetting :D

I had a look around and there doesn't seem to be any modified firmware for the v5 :huh:

Why does my laptop not have this problem then?

Guest Phoenix Silver

perhaps the wifi chipset of the blade an AR6000 ?

sudo adb shell iwconfig

wlan0 AR6000 802.11g ESSID:"phoenix"

Mode:Managed Frequency:2.437 GHz Access Point: 5C:D9:98:C3:BF:C1

Bit Rate=54 Mb/s

Encryption key:4337-83FC-3743-108A-F9CF-63B9-A080-9B22 Security mode:open

Power Management:off

Link Quality:51/94 Signal level:-44 dBm Noise level:-96 dBm

Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0

Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0

• 2 months later...
Guest rexmedorum
This is a common 'blade issue... dont get binning the router !

has this ever been solved? Mine is doing the same with a Siemans router ans alomost all of my friends routers. Restarting the router will make it work for a little while only.

Guest Altemir

I have problem with LG Optimus 2x + ASUS RT-N56U but no with Zyxel P-330W EE. If I config static IP in O2X, then connection is stable with ASUS too. But pings with screen-off is very big (120..1500ms).

For security set: MAC-filter on access point with WPA2 (this is correct work on my configuration).

Edited by Altemir