MIUI 1.5.27 for Liquid (Android 2.3.4) update

Guest truecolor

Guest Master_T

Just flashed Lens_Flare's version, so far so good! Proxy sensor works decently well (a bit slow, but functional). DHCP didn't work for me on 1.4.18 but seems to be working fine on this one, as far as I can see (only tested on my home network forn now, so can't be sure). No others strange behaviours to report for now, so far the best GB MIUI imho.

Guest Lens_flare

Wow.. thx.

I have some probs with engpack insertion.. when I perform this, I get not working prox.sensor. I think it's about framework-res.apk, which have to be modified like Roggin's one.

I still try to get it work..

Rom with no framework replacing work, as previous, but more functions will be on chinese(orange buttons for example).. do you wish to get this? Or give me more time with modifying framework..

UPD: percentage battery style is not working with en pack and phoenix, don't remember how it works in my pure port..

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest TheShak
Wow.. thx.

I have some probs with engpack insertion.. when I perform this, I get not working prox.sensor. I think it's about framework-res.apk, which have to be modified like Roggin's one.

I still try to get it work..

Rom with no framework replacing work, as previous, but more functions will be on chinese(orange buttons for example).. do you wish to get this? Or give me more time with modifying framework..

UPD: percentage battery style is not working with en pack and phoenix, don't remember how it works in my pure port..

Thanks for the work dude. If you get the framework fix, it's the best option than having some mix of language etc. I tried this a while back and failed, so I could not get Roggins fixes into the language build. If you do this it would be great and also if you could document what you did!

Cheers :)

Edited by TheShak

Guest Lens_flare

So, how to?

I started with N1 language pack, which was provided by Dr. Chase(thxalot :)).

Then I unpacked it and copied all the directories(except meta-inf, it's not suitable for full rom) to full rom with replacing original ones.

Pack is done :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To get prox. sensor working, you have to modify framework-res.apk.

But hey! It's unusual apk! Return to Windows, bro, we'll got it work!

So, to get framework decompressed, you have to install android sdk first.

After that, unpack my toolset(google have helped me a lot to pack all of these utils in one little archive) to android sdk dir/tools.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SMU3XSX9

Place original framework-res.apk file(which is in my/N1 full rom or sensor fix in system/framework dir) into android sdk dir/tools.

Depack this with suitable bat(depack.bat) after some secs, you will get framework-res folder, which contains res and assets folders, same as androidmanifest.xml . We need framework-res/res/xml/power_profile.xml file, copy it anywhere you want and remove framework-res folder.

Replace framework-res.apk with new one(which is in english pack in system/framework dir, it doesn't matter what kind of this, mainly, it should be .22 pack). Depack it with the same bat. Replace power_profile.xml in framework-res/res/xml/ with file, you copied before, and pack framework with suitable bat(pack.bat).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it? No :] Just do little a thing: you have to replace files in framework-res.apk(which is in your tools folder, not in framework-res/dist folder). After packing framework with bat, you got build folder in framework-res dir. To replace files in framework apk with build one, you have to open your framework-res.apk as a rar archive(by renaming it or dragging to winrar). Then just drag into archive(no depacking etc, just to winrar window with opened apk) following files:

build/apk/resources.asrc

build/apk/res/xml/power_profile.xml

and replace them with normal compression.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Done. After that, your framework-res.apk is ready to use in rom, just place it in system/framework dir of your english full rom.

BTW, it's strange, but you don't have to port services.jar to get sensor works.

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest MoNzAi1988

truecolour, i cant go in loading screen, it jz stuck there for 5 min already, i tried rewipe and re flash also same, cant go in loading screen

Guest Lens_flare
Which have the best battery life?

Theoretically they just the same.. I didn't applied any optimisations, just raw port :)

my 22 rom do not need any patch and proximity works fine.

Will try to test your version, MIUI is so randomatic :)

I've got not working prox in previos versions, then I decided that new came with no difference in HW.

Your Chinese port has no prox at all, and my patch is suitable for this ;]

And again thx for your awesome work, and for base of my epic startup :(

How to get it in French Please

you should wait for your french friends who can do this..

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest TheShak
So, how to?

I started with N1 language pack, which was provided by Dr. Chase(thxalot :)).

Then I unpacked it and copied all the directories(except meta-inf, it's not suitable for full rom) to full rom with replacing original ones.

Pack is done :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To get prox. sensor working, you have to modify framework-res.apk.

But hey! It's unusual apk! Return to Windows, bro, we'll got it work!

So, to get framework decompressed, you have to install android sdk first.

After that, unpack my toolset(google have helped me a lot to pack all of these utils in one little archive) to android sdk dir/tools.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SMU3XSX9

Place original framework-res.apk file(which is in my/N1 full rom or sensor fix in system/framework dir) into android sdk dir/tools.

Depack this with suitable bat(depack.bat) after some secs, you will get framework-res folder, which contains res and assets folders, same as androidmanifest.xml . We need framework-res/res/xml/power_profile.xml file, copy it anywhere you want and remove framework-res folder.

Replace framework-res.apk with new one(which is in english pack in system/framework dir, it doesn't matter what kind of this, mainly, it should be .22 pack). Depack it with the same bat. Replace power_profile.xml in framework-res/res/xml/ with file, you copied before, and pack framework with suitable bat(pack.bat).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it? No :] Just do little a thing: you have to replace files in framework-res.apk(which is in your tools folder, not in framework-res/dist folder). After packing framework with bat, you got build folder in framework-res dir. To replace files in framework apk with build one, you have to open your framework-res.apk as a rar archive(by renaming it or dragging to winrar). Then just drag into archive(no depacking etc, just to winrar window with opened apk) following files:

build/apk/resources.asrc

build/apk/res/xml/power_profile.xml

and replace them with normal compression.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Done. After that, your framework-res.apk is ready to use in rom, just place it in system/framework dir of your english full rom.

BTW, it's strange, but you don't have to port services.jar to get sensor works.

Thanks alot man. I'll try that when the next lang update comes :(

Guest Lens_flare
I'll try that when the next lang update come

you can try for this one, just for beat me off :)

between lens flare's and truecolor's miui

battle of the Titans :)

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest Master_T

After a day using Lens Flare's rom, I have found a problem: the Dialer application is constantly draining battery (it accounts for 48% of battery usage, even when in idle!), and in fact I noticed the battery drains much faster than in previous versions. I'll try truecolor's one now, see if it's different.

Guest Lens_flare

I was pointed, that battery drain is wild :]

UPD: Flashed the Phoenix's rom and yep, all sensors is ok..

How do you get it work? I am doubt that you danced with frameworks ;]

UPD 2:

Hey and battery percentage is work! You exactly danced with framewroks :)

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest The Duke of Hazard

UPD 2:

So for this time truecolor beats you? :)

Guest liquid_maink
i tried reinstall my bin, reflash 1.4.22, but still same, i cant go in loading screen, it stuck at Acer with Android logo screen

i have the same problem.... which acer rom do you took as base rom???

Guest liquid_maink
i tried reinstall my bin, reflash 1.4.22, but still same, i cant go in loading screen, it stuck at Acer with Android logo screen

i have the same problem.... which acer rom do you took as base rom???

Guest truecolor

UPD 2:

i make some change in kernel to make proximity sensor work.