MIUI 1.5.27 for Liquid (Android 2.3.4) update

Guest truecolor

Guest Lens_flare
is this eng version?

nop, Chinese... sorry.. Official English pack is out today :]

I'm going to port eng. pack later, but it'll be out today ;]

any feedback about last version?

I'm used it for hour.. so, no bootloop, battery life is better, prox. sensor works like on CM7 one(dunno why), better performance, and nice voice recorder with anim. effects :]

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest MoNzAi1988
Did you try the one from Truecolor to check the differences?

BOTH SAME...

prox sensor not working some times, the red light din turn on at all

Guest DasTisu

Truecolor's 1.4.29 works very well on my E @ 998 MHz @ Smartass. No more boot-freezes, and stable.

But the "icons" for the smileys in the SMS-client are gone, why?

Guest Master_T

Damn, it STILL reboots the phone when I connect the USB cable... seriously, am I really the ONLY person with this problem?

EDIT: and even if I don't connect the cable, it just reboots into recovery when it reaches the bootanimation part of the boot process. WTF????

Edited by Master_T

Guest MoNzAi1988
Damn, it STILL reboots the phone when I connect the USB cable... seriously, am I really the ONLY person with this problem?

EDIT: and even if I don't connect the cable, it just reboots into recovery when it reaches the bootanimation part of the boot process. WTF????

wat bin u using?

Guest Master_T

4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A_256

I'm flashing 4.008 now, but I don't think it'll do any good, since it didn't help with 1.4.22 miui either, had the same problem...

Guest Master_T
Can you provide me a logcat when usb will craddled?

Where do I find the log??

#Monzai: I don't use ext partition... my SD is a 16gb with only a FAT32 partition on it.

Guest Lens_flare

Just Do it yourself:

In android SDk(yes, you should have this) folder press shift and right mouse btn->open command line then type

adb shell
then
logcat

then copy(by right mouse btn) to text file and send to me.

Guest Master_T
Just Do it yourself:

In android SDk(yes, you should have this) folder press shift and right mouse btn->open command line then type

adb shell
then
logcat

then copy(by right mouse btn) to text file and send to me.

The problem is if I connect the phone via USB it reboots almost instantly, so I can't use abd. If I use it from malez recovery (the only situation in which usb works) the command "logcat" doesn't work (I guess because usb debug isn't enabled in recovery??)

Guest Master_T
Ah, I'm mindless :mellow:

may be you can use "adbWireless"(search on market).

Thanks for the tips. Here is what logcat says when connectiing usb:

E/UsbObserver(  355): Could not parse switch state from event {SUBSYSTEM=switch,

SWITCH_STATE=online, DEVPATH=/devices/virtual/switch/usb_mass_storage, SEQNUM=1

163, ACTION=change, SWITCH_NAME=usb_mass_storage}

Then the phone reboots.

EDIT: Lens_FLare, is the battery drain problem that was in your .22 rom fixed in .29? If it is I could try to see if I have the same problem on your version as well (using truecolor's at the moment).

Edited by Master_T

Guest Lens_flare
Lens_FLare, is the battery drain problem that was in your .22 rom fixed in .29?

I haven't done smth special to fix it.. but it self-fixed :mellow:

Seems that battery drain is better.

About your log... sorry I can't say nothing.. MIUI may commit to suicide at any moment :o

Log, that you provided is popular in google search requests(just copy-paste your logcat to google) and in all of this cases it wasn't caused reboot.

Are you sure that rom, that you flash is contain normal files? Phoenix's 29 weight is 75 996 390 bytes.

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest Master_T

Ok, I seem to have found the problem: if I uninstall the Acer drivers, the device works. In particualar, this driver seems to be causing the problem:

ACER USB Ethernet/RNDIS

After further investigation, I found out that the above driver seems to be conflicting in some way with the "VirtualBox Bridged Networking Driver Miniport

", which is a component that comes with Oracle VirtualBox. In fact, in the device manager the device weirdly appears like this, in a strange "coupled" way:

ACER USB Ethernet/RNDIS - VirtualBox Bridged Networking Driver Miniport

I have no clue how the VritualBox driver works, however by disabling the abovementioned "hybrid" device in windows Device Manager, when I next connect the Liquid the normal ACER USB Ethernet/RNDIS driver gets installed, "uncontaminated" by virtualbox, and everything works perfectly :mellow:

Thanks Lens for the support and patience anyway... hope this can help someone with the same problem (tho it seems I was the only one having it... probably arises from a particular combination of virtualbox and the acer drivers).

Guest TheShak

I must say that this MIUI 1.4.29 from Truecolor seems very good, stable compared to last weeks attempt. Proximity sensor seems a bit sluggish but is useable, i find it works better when you have the phone almost horizontal when making a call... go figure!

Anyway Truecolor great work! Also glad to see Master_T problem resolved with the Acer drivers and also Lens_flare's contribution.

@Lens_flare: did you have the MIUI time fix to fix the am/pm on the lock screen or the status bar? To me lock screen time does not show that, but status bar does

Thanks

p.s. Wifi, 3G and not losing data after a call work excellent.

Guest sundawg
I must say that this MIUI 1.4.29 from Truecolor seems very good, stable compared to last weeks attempt. Proximity sensor seems a bit sluggish but is useable, i find it works better when you have the phone almost horizontal when making a call... go figure!

Anyway Truecolor great work! Also glad to see Master_T problem resolved with the Acer drivers and also Lens_flare's contribution.

@Lens_flare: did you have the MIUI time fix to fix the am/pm on the lock screen or the status bar? To me lock screen time does not show that, but status bar does

Thanks

p.s. Wifi, 3G and not losing data after a call work excellent.

How is the battery drain The shak? does app2sd workd fine? :mellow: