how to use push email

Guest kaspy

hi can any one tell me how to use the push mail service in our device omnia pro .

I dont want to wait for 5 min or everytime press send and recieve .

is there any way that the email is delived as soon as it arives .

thanks

Guest ashwin Bhagwandin

Correct me if wrong!

the only way i know is with hotmail.

if you have hotmail, you have "live Essentials" installed where you can tick the Push function in the menu "sync"

unfortunately i am unable to check how i did it as i migrated from hotmail to my own domain:P

Guest sakisds
Correct me if wrong!

the only way i know is with hotmail.

if you have hotmail, you have "live Essentials" installed where you can tick the Push function in the menu "sync"

unfortunately i am unable to check how i did it as i migrated from hotmail to my own domain:P

I am using ActiveSync with gmail and it works great. You have to know the server details to set it up though.

done it with gmail , yahoo is bit tricky , it works good with hotmail too ,

but can you tell me if i want push mails from differnet providers ,

like if i want two gmails and one aol.

is there way to get it from all,

well thanks for replying previously

hmmm

it seems that you need a 3rd party mail app then :S

as outlook doesn't support Push out of the box i think (correct me if wrong :D )

well i have found a way to do it ,still need to test it out ,

but i think with just gmail and active syn we canm sync one account at a time .

Guest sakisds

I tried to do it and it seems ActiveSync doesn't have that functionallity built-in. You may try this options:

1) Set normal email accounts(Not ActiveSync) and set a small refresh timer, like check every 10 minutes. Its better for battery too.

2) Set up an exchange server at your home computer and Sync all acounts to the server which syncs to phone. Not sure how to do that and you would have to leave your pc running all day.

3) Find some 3rd party app?

I tried to do it and it seems ActiveSync doesn't have that functionallity built-in. You may try this options:

1) Set normal email accounts(Not ActiveSync) and set a small refresh timer, like check every 10 minutes. Its better for battery too.

2) Set up an exchange server at your home computer and Sync all acounts to the server which syncs to phone. Not sure how to do that and you would have to leave your pc running all day.

3) Find some 3rd party app?

well tahnsk for taking so much pain ,

i have found some site , there we can register about 4 to 5 accounts , and it pushes the messages automatically to our device ,

but the sync serve settings are that of the site .

but thanks a lot for ur help