[ROM] [eclair] Orange UK stock B20 TPT image [16 December 2011] [OLED + TFT]

Guest hecatae

Guest hecatae

About RELEASE

This ROM is based on the Orange V1.0.0B20 ROM shipped with current device, all the Orange Branding has been included. The aim is to revert the device to as close to Orange UK Stock as possible.

Features

Based on the OUK_P729BV1.0.0B20 ROM

Orange Branding.

test Apps, programs & data left over during vendor 'testing/development'.

ZTE applications.

Live Wallpapers.

CooTek TouchPal Keyboard.

Orange boot animation.

Orange wall papers.

Orange Browser application.

Orange email application.

stock Orange voicemail

stock Orange APN

http://www.multiupload.com/ZJCAFWEN4N

apps updated:

market

orange maps

your orange

orange wednesdays

google maps

street view

documents to go

orange app store

orange messenger

all apps have now been re-attached to market

stock recovery is orange uk

cefs is orange uk

amss is orange uk

oemsbl is orange uk

etc etc etc

Guest hecatae

reserved for questions

r2 17/02/2011

superuser.apk removed from system partition

blank formatted userdata.img and cache.img added

b3e44147c1766884ba06ffb93e4b6c04 boot.img

b34c742b2dd2c701f8fdcabb0c33fb32 recovery.img

396fdcc27a4d68b0be847585af2b9cbb userdata.img

74f7af7167238b439ff78391ac8023d2 cache.img

90f20e3792824928f12a283cc4637ae1 system.img

http://www.multiupload.com/WOK8YUAT8X

6941006aa6edf538bce10928f8883ff1 OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10.zip

Edited by hecatae

Guest scoobydoo99
Does anyone know the changes since B08?

On my B10, the stock ZTE recovery using power & volume up doesn't work. I also had a 2nd B10 as the first wouldn't connect to any networks, and both have the ZTE recovery disabled.

There's also something odd about the mobile network search - when doing a manual search, it always returns an error message 'network busy, can't connect'.

Needless to say B10 is history on my latest Blade.

Guest oh!dougal

Thank you for posting this.

IMHO, given the likely uses of 'original' firmware images, I think that this is the most useful form for them to be posted in.

I hope that others will appear in this form.

Would it be a straightforward possibility to create a script to automate the production of the TPT image direct from the files produced by 'romdump' ?

as this is a TPT image, extract it the /image folder to the root of your memory card, hold Volume + button and power on

this will remove any custom recovery and return the device to stock recovery.

To account for a diversity of users, I'd suggest rephrasing that along these lines:

"This is a Total Phone Transplant image - it will change ALL the software loaded onto your phone.

It will "factory reset" EVERYTHING except the content of the sdcard.

"To use any TPT image, the first priority is to confirm that the MD5 checksum of the file you have downloaded matches the checksum of the file that has been uploaded for you. Unless you KNOW that the MD5 of your download matches that of the original, then you do not know that your download has arrived uncorrupted.

TPT images MUST be MD5 checked. It might prove difficult to restore your phone if you load a damaged image.

"The TPT image needs to be extracted from the zip to make a folder called (exactly!) image in the root (top) directory of your sdcard (so that its pathname is /sdcard/image).

Once the material is there, power the phone off, and restart it while holding down the Volume + key.

You should see lots of info on screen as the transplant proceeds.

After it finishes, and you have restarted your phone, you might wish to remove or rename the /image folder (not least to prevent accidental re-flashing later.)"

Edited by oh!dougal

Guest hecatae
Does anyone know the changes since B08?

I guess:

better support for TFT screens in the boot.img

newer ZTE apps specifically smartdialer

newer Orange apps

newer eclair release

a 3 way diff between b05 b08 and b10's config.gz may turn something up.

a 3 way diff between b05 b08 and b10's config.gz may turn something up.

You ever found a tool that can do a 3 way diff? We use our own at work but it has "issues", would be good to find another that works better.

Guest hecatae
Would it be a straightforward possibility to create a script to automate the production of the TPT image direct from the files produced by 'romdump' ?

to make this tpt, I grabbed the boot.img and the system folder from the rom dump, zipped up and used dsixda's kitchen to make an update.zip, I then flashed it and used nandroid backup to create the system.img

a script would be straightforward, but being able to test it before release is easier

You should remove these files from the /image folder. They'll flash your phone's hidden storage with hungarian firmware updates, if the aim is to be as close to stock as possible, they should be removed. It'll also reduce the risk of something bad going wrong.

cefs.mbn

amss.mbn

amsshd.mbn

oemsbl.mbn

oemsblhd.mbn

qcsbl.mbn

qcsbl_cfgdata.mbn

You could also include a blank userdata.img & cache.img. Copy the userdata.img from the jj9 image, or from my partition mod.

A default (not blank!) splash.img would be good too, in case anybody changes that.

Finally, can you generate a nandroid.md5 file in the image folder (md5sum * > nandroid.md5). Then we can check the file integrity on the phone (using AFV).

Edited by wbaw

Guest hecatae

ok, played with this last night, the superuser in the system partition does not work, I'll recreate the system img in the next two days.

@wbaw, thanks for the advice, I'll make those changes

Guest Sebastian404

I'm sort of confused about this, is the point of this to revert back to stock, or is it a rom based on the the B10 build?

If its to revert back to stock, it should not have SuperUser

Guest hecatae
If its to revert back to stock, it should not have SuperUser

yes and the Superuser does not work anyway, I'm going to need to delete su from bin/su and the superuser.apk

Guest Sebastian404
yes and the Superuser does not work anyway, I'm going to need to delete su from bin/su and the superuser.apk

keep in the mind the STOCK rom comes with su in /system/bin

Guest hecatae
keep in the mind the STOCK rom comes with su in /system/bin

ah thanks for the heads up.

also heard that the b10 build wont let you access FTM mode with Volume + and power on

Guest Sebastian404
ah thanks for the heads up.

also heard that the b10 build wont let you access FTM mode with Volume + and power on

you dont mean FTM mode... to enter FTM mode you press Vol-.. Vol+ gets you into bootloader, from where you can use fastboot to flash recovery partition.

I just installed B10 on my OUK, and I can get into bootloader without any problems...

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone here know whether the B10 firmware fixes the San Francisco's numerous wi-fi problems?

No it doesn't, but Cyanogen Mod 7 fixes a lot of them.

Guest Dovbush
Vol+ gets you into bootloader, from where you can use fastboot to flash recovery partition.

I just installed B10 on my OUK, and I can get into bootloader without any problems...

Please help, how you can get into bootloader, for use fastboot to flash recovery partition if Vol+ NOT working?

Thanks.

Guest Dovbush
Please help, how you can get into bootloader, for use fastboot to flash recovery partition if Vol+ NOT working?

Thanks.

I mean, How can I install clockwork - recovery?

Please help.....Thanks.

Edited by Dovbush