Any Idea to resize the Internal Memory size for Swap RAM?

Guest Leo628

Hi all, since I brought Archos, 256MB ram is totally not enough for the 2.2 Froyo system...and I've tried the Swap trick to make things smooth.

But I have an ideas since I use terminal tools to type : "df -h", I found there are 'dev/block/mmcblk0p3' is missing, and I think that must be the Official Swap partition, so I am think is it a way to resize that partition to enhance the Swap effect rather than using Swap trick...

But I am still new in Android system and lack of knowledge to modify the system partition, Anyone can do this for all Archos gen8 user?

Many thanks if you solve it!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Leo628

Just get SDE firmware for Your Archos device ( read about it BEFORE, as You will void warranty ) and install UrukDroid system on SD card, basically You'll have as much space as You need ( depends of the card size of course ), ext4 filesystem, root, OC, swap etc.

Still waiting for my class 10 micro sd, so wasn't playing a lot with my 101, but gave UrukDroid a "test run", ( unfortunately on class 2 card ) and everything was working ok but bit slow for obvious reason.

regards,

Edited by m4dm3n

Hi Leo628

Just get SDE firmware for Your Archos device ( read about it BEFORE, as You will void warranty ) and install UrukDroid system on SD card, basically You'll have as much space as You need ( depends of the card size of course ), ext4 filesystem, root, OC, swap etc.

Still waiting for my class 10 micro sd, so wasn't playing a lot with my 101, but gave UrukDroid a "test run", ( unfortunately on class 2 card ) and everything was working ok but bit slow for obvious reason.

regards,

Hi m4dm3n,

Thanks for your reply~

I am also interesting in install UrukDroid, but I'm HDD version and my internal memory have 2GB and I dont want to waste it....so I open this thread to ask anyone can me.

Anyway, I will try UrukDroid when it updated to 1.0 lol

Leo